• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

"Sari Aghjik" is an Armenian Folk Song but its Armenian origin somehow were partially forgotten after the Armenian Genocide in 1915.
Presently this Armenian sad song of love it is sung in Georgian, Persian, Arabic, Kurdish,Turkish, Azeri and other languages in different countries, however no mention is made in most cases of having an Armenian root and origin.
It can be downloaded from:  http://karginmp3.do...._2013/1-1-0-190

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

That rendition by the andro-gynous is the poorest I have even seen..
Among many, look here;
http://hyeforum.com/...e=1

Edited by Arpa, 16 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#3 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

It's good that Andre sings it in original Armenian. since both Turks of Turkey and Azerbaijan want to privatize this Armenian song. It has now no copyrights since its over 100 years old but the fight for its origin is still going as it is clear from those two comments that it happens I came across recently:

Habib Merzabatli comments:
" 'Sari Gelin' is an Azerbaijani folk song. This song has such a beautiful melody that many neighboring nations around Azerbaijan have always loved and listened to it for centuries, however this melody belongs to Azerbaijani people, and its original lyrics are in Azerbaijani language. Some 40 years ago, an Iranian musician put Farsi lyrics on "Sari Gelin" and the famous singer Vigen performed it beautifully. But this does not make it an Iranian melody. As examples of this kind, there are many Arabic songs which are borrowed with Iranians and Turks and others. They all use their own lyrics on those Arabic songs, but they never claim to own those melodies."

As to Turks they claim it to be a Turkish folk song and not an Azebaijani one as claimed by Habib in his comment.

While Ehsan Nishaburi comments:
"I am Azeri from Azeri parents, grew up speaking Azeri and Persian together.  Armenians have always been part of these regions and I will not accept any racist or nationalistic language against them, or anyone in the region and beyond for that matter.  For my nationalistic Azeri brothers my suggestion would be reading on the origins of the name of our land Azerbaijan!  It is of Persian origin. This music is magic, no matter where it is from specially when you see how it can connects us all, stop claiming it, share, love and flow..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users