Armenian gay culture

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2001 - 06:29 PM

How can something 'not be a sin if it doesn't hurt anyone'? Homosexuality DOES hurt us. It is one of the main factors that destroys the moral fiber of society.

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2001 - 08:01 PM

Kazza, you haven't seen people who have stone age thinking and mentality, believe me i am very liberal and civilised person he he he...

Let me tell you that you have typical English way of thinking. People who don't have any morals or traditions whatsoever. However i don't care if it is immoral neither i care what these gays activists try to do. But it is terrible when church recognises these people. That is big shame!

Artur
P.S. Kazza, There is a book called the Bible, in that book you can find everything, answers for all your questions: about Gays, Women, Men etc.

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited February 11, 2001).]

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2001 - 08:22 PM

Artur is exactly right.

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2001 - 09:39 PM

"let him who has not sinned cast the first stone"

anyone?

with an admittedly sarcastic smile,
gayane

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2001 - 05:23 AM

Exactly,Gayan jan!

BTW,Artur....You may not agree with me,but Armenia never had the Caucasus mentality.
We are very different ethnically and culturaly.
Hope you're the only one who wants to unite with all those Muslim highlanders.
Jeeze,and you call yourself a real Armenian!!

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2001 - 11:49 AM

I donīt see any reason whatsoever to look at gays, whether Armenian or not in a different manner.

I have seen gays behave badly, towards the same and the other sex. Same applies to straight people. Why should we be bothered with someones sexuality if it doesnīt affect us ? What if someone is a fetishist, a far more common paraphylia, is he also not Armenian ?

Ararat, the AGBU magazine had an issue on Armenian lesbians once. Quite interesting. So did AIM, with a sad side to the story. Well, live and let live. We have far more important issues to be concerned with.

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2001 - 11:59 AM

And if you read the letters to AIM the following months, you'd find that there was pretty much uproar for publishing such a stupid article. How can we worry ourselves with other things if our culture is allowing liberalizing influences into itself?

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 12:38 AM

Well Nvard it seems you are confused Armenians has always had very similar morals traditions etc. with other caucasian people... All the values within the family, brotherhood, respect to elders etc.... And mentality is very similar... You are right we belong to different ethnic groups but we are all the children of the mountaines of the Caucasus... ) The problems in the Caucasus are mainly caused by extarnal powers and i personally believe if we all sit around the table we can solve our problems alone. BTW Georgians are not muslims and they belong to the main Caucasian Group.

Anyways, i don't want to argue with you. For God's sake you are an Armenian girl he he

About gays: there is one thing: They are very good designers : )

BTW There is a project is going to be out very soon about the Caucasus. Big money invested into it. All republics and states included. Me and other 3 armenian guys are in charge of spreading it in Armenia

Artur
May God bring piece to the lands of the Greater and Lesser CauCaSuS!

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited February 12, 2001).]

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2001 - 01:00 PM

Boghos! Youre back! Godd too see you, where have you been all this time?

quote:
Originally posted by Boghos:

What if someone is a fetishist,

Fetishists. That is now something that is plain old weird.. Are they the people that like stepping on slugs? Can you IMAGINE if there are any armenian fetishists?

I can just see it now....Old Armenian couples keeping little fetishist shops in the alleys of Glendale!

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 12:48 PM

Reading all these posts I realised that I do not completely agree with any one of you guys, but rather my viewpoint is a mixture of everything that has been mentioned.

First of all I think some people are born gay (SOME) and others choose the gay lifestyle (MOST). Now, I think the ones who flaunt it the most are the ones who have chosen to live a homosexual (or bi-sexual) lifestyle. I have my own theory as to why people choose this lifestyle (which still needs to be tested and will not be expressed here).

I am strongly against gay-bashing and do not tollerate people who engage in such activities (I am not talking about a joke here and there). I've encountered people who were homosexuals AND wonderful human beings (I do wish more people would be as human as them). What right did I have to judge them or teach them how to live? I choose to "Live and let live."

One thing that I do have a problem with is "homoexual public display of affection." Since I beleive that homosexuality is also learned I don't feel like children should be exposed to it so bluntly. No matter how much they hear about it, it should not be thrown in their faces like that. In my oppinion it affects their psychological nature in a negative way (i.e. confusion).

So my only concern is that - children.

A

PS. Also, I don't think gay marriages should be legal. It just does not make sence to me.

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
Boghos! Youre back! Godd too see you, where have you been all this time?

Fetishists. That is now something that is plain old weird.. Are they the people that like stepping on slugs? Can you IMAGINE if there are any armenian fetishists?

I can just see it now....Old Armenian couples keeping little fetishist shops in the alleys of Glendale!

Dear Kazza,

I have been lurking, mostly. But also quite involved with professional matters. My sabbatical was cut short, hence less time here. I promise to be more involved.

I noticed a few changes in the boards and feel they are for the better.

Thanks for the warm reception.
Boghos

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 04:44 PM

You know, I know of a few gay armenians who would love a juicy bite of Artur and Tigrannes' soujoukh....
I think both Artur and Tigrannes might be masking their own sexual confusion under the guise of religious homophobia.
But then again, that's just my professional opinion...

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 08:37 PM

That's what all you damned homos say. If we hate you, it's because we're secretly one of you blah blah blah. Do you ever hear someone calling a Nazi a closet Jew? HELL NO. This is why fags disgust me.

#34 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 08:46 PM

DoC, coming to this forum and and the first thing you do is entering Gay discussion defending them and plus having gay mates... That is scary man... what do you do with them, hang out??? :) Anyways there is one saying: Talk less it is good for you! Don't forget that most of the troubles come from talking too much... :) But lets call it just warning :))

AA

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2001 - 11:20 PM

C'mon you guys, the DoC post can't be real. You guys crack me up. And the juicy bite out of your asses is funny, too.

Rich, sort of a good analogy, but wasn't Hitler actually part Jewish???

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 05:17 AM

Definitely sounds like it was inteneded to be a joke however unappropriate that it was.

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 08:41 AM

Yes everyone,
It was a joke. I know I'm new here, but I'll just let you know up front that I'm all about sarcasm. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. Oh and by the way, I'm very straight and consider myself a fairly open minded person. I accept all of God's people as they are, and feel that life's too short to dwell on such petty issues.
the DoC
p.s. A little advice, if a gay person breathes on you, make sure to cover your mouth. Being gay is infectious you know. Oh and by the way, I hear they heavily recruit in the armenian population. ;p

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 09:34 AM

It's impossible to be 'part Jewish'. Judaism is a religion, either you are a Jew or you aren't. You can, however, be part Israeli. It could also be argued that Hitler may have had ancestors who were Jewish. Then again, my ancestors (and everyone's here) were at one point in time pagans. Doesn't make us part pagan now, does it?

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 02:25 PM

Hi fives doc! You are new buddy!

Come with me and Pilafhead and we can hang around in the pub. Tigrannes, your'e our jan, you can come too..! Hopefully bellthecat, Farsisteve and the girls will join us too..

[This message has been edited by Kazza (edited February 14, 2001).]

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2001 - 03:15 PM

Kazza,
Show me the way! I'm so there....

the DoC

[This message has been edited by DoC (edited February 14, 2001).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users