• Guests

Posted 26 June 2000 - 07:53 PM

By Edmonton Journal
http://andymusic.com/edmonton_andy.jpg

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2000 - 09:42 AM

So Jan gunatsir Andy yev Alabinai concert erek gisher? I must say I was surprised that Alabina opened up for him, rather than the reverse, though in the end I must say his performance was way better, with more heart, than Alabina's. It just seemed like Alabina went through the motions. Andy truly loves performing, and wow what dancers!
Ok, he was obviously very open about being Armenian, but again, not to pick a fight, but when he first came out in the eighties with Kouros, he emphasized the PErsian more, I know this as my cousins are all fans of his and have gone to his concerts even back then. But who cares? The important thing is that he is proud of being Armenian now. His family background is from Vanak, I believe, a neighborhood in Teheran of working class Armenians who tend to be very assimilated into the Persian culture, thus explaining his feeling more comfortable singing in Persian than Armenian. Whatever, he truly has heart and humility, I must say I became a fan last night. Canta bien en espanol tambien! Sorry Andy, you are a great performer and a source of pride for Armanis!

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2000 - 09:58 PM

I happened to be at the Tower in Glendale soon after it opened. Next thing I know there's fifty zillon people there to see some guy sing. Turns out it was Andy. Didn't know who he was at the time. Now I wish I would have paid more attention to him rather than the Black Sabbath or Miles Davis CDs I was probably looking at.

Murphy's law has it that I'll probably eventually get way into him and end up paying $100 to sit in the 80th row of the Greek Theatre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users