#1 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Hey folks,

I need suggestions for a new laptop bag. For years I used a pretty cool laptop backpack which held the machine close to my back and had formed and padded straps which made for a very comfortable fit. I didn't get a sore back or shoulders - or very rarely. Unfortunately, it's pretty worn out and I can't find another bag that's similar and yet still looks cool, and can also be used in a more formal business environment.

Essentially here's are the features I'm looking for:

1 - comfort - needs to be comfortable, even with a fair amount of weight ie. laptop, charger, some files, notebook etc.
2 - look - needs to be stylish and yet suitable for business use - ie. not a sporty back pack
3 - size - not over-sized - my laptop is a 15" model and I don't anticipate getting anything larger in the near future. But I will carry a lunch to work regularly, so it should have enough capacity for the computer plus a small tupperware.

Any suggestions that may fit the above would be helpful. Price is not an issue at this time but I don't anticipate spending loads of money on a mere bag. smile.gif

Thanks!

#2 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

Forget the backpack, get a Sony P series ... or if you are really adventurous, a TT series.

#3 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

The "Man Purse" that I use is a HiDesign Jackson. Its very confortible with the laptop and all but no additional spac ofr anything. Priot to that I use to use and still have a Targus Grove Sling. Glove is great and has some extra space for lunch and stuff

http://theluggagepro...products_id=378

http://www.targus.co...sp?sku=TSB109US

#4 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Sip - the PC is provided by work - so no chance on the TT. wink.gif
Azat, I love the hidesign bags - they're leather and they look fantastic, but since I'm commuting by transit about 30 min each trip per day, I need something ultra comfortable that won't put my shoulders out of wack. Leather by nature is heavier than the synthetics they produce these days so I don't think I'll go that route. The grove is more what I had in mind, however I wish I could find something similar that *looked* less like a backpack... :/ Still searching...

Oh, and thanks for the suggestions btw smile.gif

Edited by vava, 08 February 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

By the way I didn't provide a suggestion cause I don't have any so I wasn't being a smart ass smile.gif However, I usually get some neoprene (or some other tight) sleeves for my laptops and then it doesn't matter what I carry them in.

#6 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 9 2009, 03:57 AM)
..... so I wasn't being a smart ass smile.gif

So out of character for you! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users