600 replies to this topic

#581 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

To clarify my point more; when I said to contribute money to the needy, I meant for the real needy and the needy institutions, btw; Samvel, disabled people, very sick people that couldn't work, the elderly, orphanages, children's hospitals and organizations like orran.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 11 November 2007 - 12:05 PM.

#582 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Nov 11 2007, 04:51 AM)
I completely agree with Harut on this one. Handing out money to people doesn't solve anything. In the recent the Atlantic it was discussed why the trillions of dollars of aid to Africa has failed and why poverty is still such a problem in that region. A society needs skilled, literate people, people who can take that money and invest into businesses.

Some would hope to see a communist regime rising once more in Armenia. That is not going to happen.

Giving away money like this is not the answer to the problem. Giving job opportunities, ressources to permit them to gain some financial independence is what will fix the problem. In Africa the onl thing which work is when we open schools there, we give them access to water, we provide them job opportunities, throwing away money is actually the thing which works the less.

It is obvious that you use your heard earned money better than some money comming from the sky.

Sick children don't need money, they need food, they need hospitals, access to ressources.

#583 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 11 2007, 09:56 AM)
How it is important for corruption to stop in our Republic and have a feel for the vast majority of the population and yes of course to open up businesses and see that there are jobs available for everyone to go around and feel useful, self sufficient, accomplished and proud of themselves.

That goes the same to the wealthy government people, the other wealthy people in there, and hopefully hopefully for the corruption to stop!

To the person above who thinks that I hope a communist regime rising once more in Armenia, couldn't be more further from the truth. It is a total and complete lie and unjustified lie at that.

I said and I shall reiterate again, that what I am merely saying here is that the very wealthy instead of displaying their lavish wealth to the face of the poor people they should try to build the country to be a wealthier one by opening up businesses in Armenia to provide jobs and contribute their wealth to some needy institutions such as orran, orphanages, the very needy who is disabled or is very sick.

Also I will say it again, for corruption to stop amongst the government and or the people.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 11 November 2007 - 12:26 PM.

#584 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(Domino @ Nov 11 2007, 01:05 PM)
Some would hope to see a communist regime rising once more in Armenia. That is not going to happen.

Giving away money like this is not the answer to the problem. Giving job opportunities, ressources to permit them to gain some financial independence is what will fix the problem. In Africa the onl thing which work is when we open schools there, we give them access to water, we provide them job opportunities, throwing away money is actually the thing which works the less.

It is obvious that you use your heard earned money better than some money comming from the sky.

Sick children don't need money, they need food, they need hospitals, access to ressources.

I am so appaled by your unjustified, untrue and crazy comment in your first paragraph that please do not answer or comment to any of my posts again.

#585 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

Anahid, i would give an example why he, Domino makes the perfect seance

you see, give! help, contribute, to answer at 11th hour call etc..... is basically how i would feel about if a tsunami struck to Indonesia, or about new Orleans, but when it comes to help your self, let me ask, would you help yourself at the 11th hour?
maybe yes, but lets privent the hour

#586 Ariane

Ariane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Nov 12 2007, 06:34 AM)
Anahid, i would give an example why he, Domino makes the perfect seance

you see, give! help, contribute, to answer at 11th hour call etc..... is basically how i would feel about if a tsunami struck to Indonesia, or about new Orleans, but when it comes to help your self, let me ask, would you help yourself at the 11th hour?
maybe yes, but lets privent the hour

lol

#587 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Ariane @ Nov 12 2007, 11:39 AM)
lol

What's the matter Ariane? Are you so happy as to what negativity it is said? Esque ca c'est une affaire de gentiesse de la part de toi????

#588 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Domino @ Nov 11 2007, 06:05 PM)

How did this thread re-de-generate into this topic? Who knows. Maybe it was the Kurdish women on the Iraqi border with 3 story building loads on their backs. Perhaps this merits a thread on just what "money" is in the politics section (not finance).

#589 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 12 2007, 01:23 PM)
What's the matter Ariane? Are you so happy as to what negativity it is said? Esque ca c'est une affaire de gentiesse de la part de toi????

pardon, but my post was not negative in nature, and if not! it was all conterminously and progressive

#590 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(hagopn @ Nov 12 2007, 04:41 PM)
How did this thread re-de-generate into this topic? Who knows. Maybe it was the Kurdish women on the Iraqi border with 3 story building loads on their backs. Perhaps this merits a thread on just what "money" is in the politics section (not finance).

Hagop, I'm afraid you have a good point and we have all drifted from the real subject matter and got serious caring about our homeland; because someone felt bad about our homeland as she still has family in there and I have agreed with her as I also feel for the poor in our homeland. And although of course I want democracy to prevail; but with a little bit of kindness and humanity to go around and with as little corruption as possible. It's obviously not going to happen overnight and it cannot happen overnight, hopefully hopefully in about 10 years or perhaps even in more time than that that corruption would diminish. I am aware of that; but sometimes I feel quite idealistic about such matters and I feel for the underdog and I don't want people to be unjustified and taken advantage of.

I like to see people not to hurt and for everyone pretty much to have jobs and feel good and proud about themselves; especially when it comes to our homeland.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 12 November 2007 - 04:20 PM.

#591 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Nov 12 2007, 05:06 PM)
pardon, but my post was not negative in nature, and if not! it was all conterminously and progressive

Yes I stand corrected Ed jan; I should have phrased it better, I apologize. I know that you meant well, neroghoutyoun yeghpayres. sad.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 12 November 2007 - 04:16 PM.

#592 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

I always wondered why would people say

"I'm afraid you have a good point"

shouldn't it be "I'm glad you have a good point"? smile.gif

#593 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Nov 12 2007, 05:22 PM)
I always wondered why would people say

"I'm afraid you have a good point"

shouldn't it be "I'm glad you have a good point"? smile.gif

You are right again kerri jan, you are quite right! smile.gif

#594 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 12 2007, 02:24 PM)
You are right again kerri jan, you are quite right! smile.gif

sometimes,

es yervant aper@ ura?

#595 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Nov 12 2007, 05:28 PM)
sometimes,

es yervant aper@ ura?

Housam tsunere chesgesan Canada dagavin. Ov kide Tsun ge makre gor? smile.gif

Shish me Shivaz ghergeyink iren. smile.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 12 November 2007 - 04:31 PM.

#596 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 12 2007, 10:10 PM)
Hagop, I'm afraid you have a good point and we have all drifted from the real subject matter and got serious caring about our homeland; because someone felt bad about our homeland as she still has family in there and I have agreed with her as I also feel for the poor in our homeland. And although of course I want democracy to prevail; but with a little bit of kindness and humanity to go around and with as little corruption as possible. It's obviously not going to happen overnight and it cannot happen overnight, hopefully hopefully in about 10 years or perhaps even in more time than that that corruption would diminish. I am aware of that; but sometimes I feel quite idealistic about such matters and I feel for the underdog and I don't want people to be unjustified and taken advantage of.

I like to see people not to hurt and for everyone pretty much to have jobs and feel good and proud about themselves; especially when it comes to our homeland.

Oh, drifting is human nature, perfectly natural, and that is when some of the best ideas come along anyhow. I am suggesting that the topic of money, what money is, how money is created, manipulated, controlled, by the powers of the world, and how this severely affects our little republic, I think this is an important topic. I have had much experienced men advise me on this topic, and it has always fascinated me that no one sees that money, the creation and valuatin of money, is a political art and the greatest controlling weapon on the planet. It is always amazing how this is neglected as a topic, mostly due to brainwashing at the college level.

#597 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,997 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Nov 12 2007, 05:28 PM)
sometimes,

es yervant aper@ ura?

Ov e Yervant asum? And your three wishes are........ wink.gif

#598 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,997 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 12 2007, 05:30 PM)
Housam tsunere chesgesan Canada dagavin. Ov kide Tsun ge makre gor? smile.gif

Shish me Shivaz ghergeyink iren. smile.gif

Miayn mek shish? smile.gif

#599 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Nov 12 2007, 07:06 PM)
Miayn mek shish? smile.gif

Yev Yervante yegav smile.gif Kideyi vor Shivaz Regale kez pidi kounet artentsene! wink.gif tongue.gif

#600 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

I don't know about some of the other Armenian girls around the world or the ladies of HyeForum; which I am pretty sure that they will agree with me;

personally I get attracted to Armenian men!!! wink.gif smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users