#41 PiggyWiggy

PiggyWiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:10 PM

SIPANS!

I AM AT TOTAL SUPPORT FOR YOU!

WHATEVER YOU WANT, MONEY GUNS WOMEN DRUGS...i dont got, but if u need em, preety sure i can find it somewhere...

You are thinking like me, I like that...

I like to add!

Children here (such as myself) do not have a childhood! my life has been nothing but TV and COmputers , the American way. My father tells me of stories of how he played in the streets...

You will get hurt if you go out in our streets...It is sickening (i know i like it, but it is wrong) to see 15 yr old girls wearing clothes a prostitute would wear. I know girls who have had their 2nd child already!

This is what Armenians are in America...crap crap crap... The majority anyway...The good Armenians keep quiet of their roots, and show it in their work, rather than on their car...

GOD BLESS THE WORLD THAT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING!

#42 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:24 PM

GOD BLESS THE WORLD THAT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING!

What does that even mean? Why don't you throw your computer and TV out the window? Or better yet, why don't you donate it to some poor kid in Armenian who would LOVE to be in your place? :blink: :unsure:

#43 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:40 PM

You people are SO spoiled. It's really a shame - instead of THANKING your parents, and elders for bringing you here:

- where you have the freedom to study & get yourselves education
- where you have a high standard of healthcare
- where you can walk down tree-lined streets to grocery to buy strawberries in January
- where you live in beautiful 3000 sq ft + homes, with pools and double (or triple) garages
- where YOU HAVE NO WORRIES
- no secert police suddenly taken your father away
- no threat of war or conscription
- no famine or rampant disease

All you see are 15 year old dressing 'like sluts' ??? THAT's your big problem? Get real!!! :mad: Who the hell are you to categorize someone as a slut anyway?? : :disgust:

#44 PiggyWiggy

PiggyWiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:45 PM

hey vava...america may be good but its where armenians, the people who are 3500 yrs old! to be erased.

Secret police? i have never heard of such a case in the soviet union...

stop being dillusional vava...

and i believe when your ass is open to the public, and your breasts are just a bounce away from popping out of your small shirt, that makes you a good person...

that quote, you cant judge a book by its cover, is not true at all...

#45 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:48 PM

Great post vava! here here!

Whats with these kids anyway...

#46 PiggyWiggy

PiggyWiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:50 PM

THOTH...

I know you are jewish man, this entire forum is filled with Jews.

There is no armenian quality left...

#47 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:53 PM

Your a laugh Piggy...and very predicatable...no...thats too easy a fall back...you really must do better then that....

Oh and Shalome to you...

#48 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:57 PM

1st - I'm not refering necessarily to the USSRl, or Russia, but the hundreds of other places you could be rather than here (maybe you should go live somewhere else for a while, it'll open your eyes a bit.)

2nd - fashion trends come and go - the way people dress has no relation to their upbringing, their ethics, or their values. Don't judge so quickly...

Now, about the jew thing - what's the matter? Are you afraid of jews? What's your issue with them? You keep bringing it up... you kind of seem paranoid. There are jews EVERYWHERE!!! :fear: let's run for cover and hide!! huh? Piggy? :glare: C'mon. Get a life.

#49 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:23 PM

1st - I'm not refering necessarily to the USSRl, or Russia

As much as I think Piggy shouldnt be taken seriously, I dont like the USSR bashing on this thread. Comparing 70s USSR and USA:

- where you have the freedom to study & get yourselves education

Same in USSR and it was FREE!

- where you have a high standard of healthcare

Same in USSR and it was FREE!

- where you can walk down tree-lined streets to grocery to buy strawberries in January

I doubt your could buy straberries in January in US in the 70s, but the fact that the US always had a more consumer orientated economy is a given

- where you live in beautiful 3000 sq ft + homes, with pools and double (or triple) garages

Soviet cities were more like European ones ie. real estate was at a premium, nevertheless many still managed to have a 'dacha' (country estate)

- where YOU HAVE NO WORRIES
- no secert police suddenly taken your father away

You didnt have to worry about the secret police unless you were involved in something against the state - which is fair enough

- no threat of war or conscription

Yes USSR had conscription, the period and intensity of which was more than halved if you managed to make it to university. No threat of war? I believe during the Cold War period the US was involved in many more conflics both overtly and covertly and as a consequence lost many more men.

- no famine or rampant disease

there was no such thing in the USSR after World War 2.

....just a few points cleared up I hope. Im not a big fan of the USSR, just playing the devils advocate in this case.

#50 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:26 PM

You comrads should wake up and realize that dreaming of "USSR" is living in the past. It was a nice try but it was a total failure so get used to it and move on.

#51 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:29 PM

I dont think it was a total failure and it may have survived had it not been for external pressure and agitation.

#52 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:32 PM

Well in the US in the 70s at least the TVs worked...etc etc...

Accel - as much as I appreciate your sentiment...the USSR (despite its various achievemnets) was basically an anti-humanastic failure...and I just can't accept a totalitarian atate - with the aparatus of such as benign...and regadless of its faults...the West is the clear choice....there is no real issue - sorry...and you (pampered rich kid! LOL)...really have no business claiming otherwise!

#53 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:37 PM

Accel - just to clarify - I wasn't bashing any state at all. My rant was against these spoiled, ungrateful brats who have NO idea how good they got it - the sheer opportunity they have HERE - yet they sit there belittling the US (or any western state for that matter). The irony is baffling.

#54 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

For that matter - and you guys who know me, know this - I'm not necessarily pro-American either. But I can definitely see how much better off I am living in Canada, than all the other (potentially awful) possibilities

#55 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

Well in the US in the 70s at least the TVs worked...etc etc...

Wow! The TV worked, is that all the great THOTH has to offer!? :lol:

the West is the clear choice....there is no real issue - sorry...and you (pampered rich kid! LOL)...

I maybe pampered, but if I were rich you know what I would be driving :)

#56 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:53 PM

Accel...the TV was just an example..indicative of at least one aspect of the problem...and there are many other examples...And I for one (like our dear Sip) just love all my techno toys! What can i say...I'm a consumerist/materialist etc all the way!

#57 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:55 PM

And I for one (like our dear Sip) just love all my techno toys! What can i say...I'm a consumerist/materialist etc all the way!

But it's not just the "toys". It's being rewarded for efforts ... it's having a reason to excel and be good at something ... it's the entire "potential" that exists to make AMAZING things happen... to basically go from 0 (which is basically where we started as a family when we arrived in the US in early 90's) to something a lot more.

#58 PiggyWiggy

PiggyWiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:18 AM

being pampered is one thing...

but not having a childhood in the states is another...

honestly, i have not known any kid in Los Angeles, New York City, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, and etc places ive been to who have had a childhood which should be the correct way.

A childs job is to play with other kids, and out here, the conditions are too bad to play out on the streets.

All my friends want to do is go to the mall! i want to play street games!

Plus, if you want to compare the soviet and US governments, the soviets gave their citizens whatever they needed, because the country worked like that, in US, its with money....

#59 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:36 AM

honestly, i have not known any kid in Los Angeles, New York City, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, and etc places ive been to who have had a childhood which should be the correct way.

Once again it shows how absolutely spoiled to the core you are! I grew up in Iran ... we left when I was 13. Ever since I remember there was a war going on. Every so often, we had bombs and missiles dropped on our heads in Tehran. One of those misiles landed about a block from our house. One landed in the University where my Dad was teaching ... fortunately at 4AM. My mom was under constant harassement because she was a christian female doctor and wasn't technically allowed to treat male patients.

We had to picket in front of our "Armenian" school to let the dumb ass government allow us to keep the schools going and not be forced to teach "Arabic" (i.e. Koran) more than 2 hours a week ... what was the price? The price was that our Armenian classes were cut from 2 hours a day to 2 hours a week as well. We had weekly and monthly "bomb" drills just like you have your woosy fire drills once in a while here. We were thought how what to do in case of a chemical attack ... mostly for our morale as there is nothing much you can do.

There was no music, no movies, no dancing, NOTHING on TV other than what the government deemed appropriate ... which most often included a bunch of mullahs sitting around and interpretting the Koran. You think I was able to "go out on the streets"? You think my parents would allow a young christian minority kid to go and hang around with the street "lakots"?

I am not even going to start on doing homework in the dark under a candle due to constant power outages ... no running water at times ... having to stand hours in line to buy bread ... meat if lucky other than the rations each family was being assigned etc etc

DUDE ... what childhood? ... Grow the f*ck up.

#60 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:44 AM

Sorry to hear about that Sip, but I am of the opinion (derived from observation) that kids had a better childhood/were happier in Armenia (during Soviet times) compared to Aussie kids NOW - this is just an observation. I had a reasonably good childhood considering the circumstances - moving out of Armenia at 11 with no english, so I have nothing to complain about. Mind you, I sort of had an 'Armenian' childhood here, as we lived in a block of flats with a lot of migrant families like ourselves and most of their kids would come downstairs to play like in Armenia.

Edited by Accelerated, 05 December 2003 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users