Originally posted by Berj:
Who invented how to make bread?

The same entities that invented the gun--humans

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 10:49 AM

Mike,

Gun was invented very easily. People saw that cotton burns fast and the process went on.

But who and how guessed to mill the wheat corn?

[This message has been edited by Berj (edited November 06, 2000).]

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 03:00 PM

Most major discoveries happen by accident, Armen. Come now, you're capable of higher forms of thinking than that.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 03:11 PM

Who invented God?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

Most major discoveries happen by accident, Armen. Come now, you're capable of higher forms of thinking than that.

Gayane jan,

Describe me that accident with bread, please.

And remember that every great thought is simple.

Armen

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
Who invented God?

Material thinking is unable to answer the edge questions of universe. You must use something other than your brain. And firstly, you must find that something.
God is like thought: self-conscious. It invented itself as the thought.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 05:38 AM

From the beginning was the word, the word was with God and the word was God. This reffers to the infinity, it is something spiritual. our human rationality is bound with time and space, so we are not able to think in infinity.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 01:36 PM

Qustions such as who invented Universe and what is Universe? can drive you crazy. If you think this way, nothing can apper by itself, some one has to ctreate it, then you think then who ctreated the Universe, and at the end you can't find an answer, and end up with GOD is the one. And again, who created God etc. etc...

And if you take too serious you'll end up in hospital for psychos : ))
So, don't even think about it, live your life :: ))

AA

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 02:03 PM

It cannot be proved (or disproved for that matter). At some point in the thought process, you have to say "God Exists" based strictly on faith.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:30 PM

I don't know Berj, bread? What were you thinking? I always go back to the classic watchmaker analogy. We look at a watch (or computer, etc.) and we logically conclude that there was an intelligence that composed it. So are we to then look at this universe that is infinitely more complex than any computer (think of all the designs, laws of physics, mathematics, gravity, alignment of the planets etc.) and conclude it came about by chance only? Well, I can't!

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 04:03 PM

armen jan, even I'm not that creative so as to describe the accident by which bread making was discovered...lol

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 06:32 PM

I just remembered the chinese haven't bread, instead they eat rice at the breakfast. Has got forgot about 1,2 milliard people?

I really think that God exist, but I am not too dogmatic in the religious matters.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 07:01 PM

Iranyar joon,
They eat rice always, not only at breakfast.

You can't be too dogmatic in religious matters. Faith is a dogma. It's either "there is a god" or "there isn't a god". You can't use a diplomatic formulation. Can you say to an atheist:"I believe in god, but I also understand your position".

The invention of rice as main food is as complex as the invention of bread.

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

armen jan, even I'm not that creative so as to describe the accident by which bread making was discovered...lol

Well, actually nobody is.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 07:12 PM

Armen what time is it now in Armenia? I think 6 or 7 O'clock right? Man at this time I allways sleep.

I agree with you you can't be and Atheist and believer, but if you place the divine issues in a spiritual view and not a traditionalist view, you rae more open minded to anothers people believes, than if you dogmaticly believe your view on the religions are right and the others'wrong. By dogma I meant that

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited November 09, 2000).]

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
It cannot be proved (or disproved for that matter). At some point in the thought process, you have to say "God Exists" based strictly on faith.

You can't prove or disaprove it using mental power beacuse it's limited. Someone has limited it. Brain is made from materia. You can't understand what has created the materia using materia, beacuse materia is subject to what has created it.

The last point in thought chain is when you start thinking about your own thought. That is the edge of the brain power. The thing is that you must go ahead.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Iranyar:

I agree with you you can't be and Atheist and believer, but if you place the divine issues in a spiritual view and not a traditionalist view, you rae more open minded to anothers people believes, than if you dogmaticly believe your view on the religions are right and the others'wrong. By dogma I meant that

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited November 09, 2000).]

It's 8:20.

I'm not talking about religions man. Our discussion is abouve religions, it's about the God. Name the God as you wish to.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 11:50 PM

I was thinking about the question who Invented the God?

Actually it is a nonsense question. He is the creator. it can't be both created one and creator. Our logic consequence of One created another can't be used here. Even (if i am right) greek philosofer Aristotel, accepted that chain of creation (one created by another one, this one by another etc.), has to have an end at the end. Something that is not created or invented by someone, and that can't be explained by our logical rules. And that is what we call GOD.

AA

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited November 09, 2000).]

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Berj:
It's 8:20.

I'm not talking about religions man. Our discussion is abouve religions, it's about the God. Name the God as you wish to.

I agree with you, I also suggested that it is above religions, it is a matter of spirituality, the human rationality is bound with the time and space, we are not able to give answer to the spirituality, using our human rationality. Spiiritualitis dimensions are infinitive, as I gave the example from the evangelie of Johannes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users