• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

I was also told that carmax will give me the best deal on selling it... i was told that i shouldn't rely on the Nissan dealers.

I can go to both places just to see who gives me the best deal.

#42 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

These are all suggested values.

Private sale value - that's how much you can sell it for if you wanted.
Suggested retail - that's how much the dealer can sell it for.
Trade in value - how much the dealer will give you for it.

#43 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong , but isn't the trade in value when you want to exchange your old car (as in selling your car to the dealership) for a new car (buying a car from the dealer)?

Do I need to know the trade in value since I'm not exchanging the car, but simply trying to sell it to teh dealer? Do I make any sense? smile.gif
Am I driving you crazy with all these questions? smile.gif
Sorry if I am.

#44 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

You're not driving crazy smile.gif

The trade-in is usually the best you can expect a dealer to give you. If you can sell it to them at a higher price, then great. But as a rule of thumb, if they give you trade-in value, then you are ok. If they try to give you less, then there is a problem.

Since you don't care about the money spent on the car or the car itself, as you said, if they just take the car back as is and you end up clear of the loan, then great. It is the least-headache way for you. This whole discussion so far is for you to be prepared IF they expect you to pay some more or if they decide not to take the car.

Edited by Sip, 15 May 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#45 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Mersi beaucoup!

#46 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 14 2007, 01:58 PM)  

credit burros

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Is that what you call credit bureaus in Latin America? "Credit Bulls" Sorry Azat jan, but this innocent mistake was very funny to me. What can I say, I have a very primitive sense of humor...sad.gif

#47 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Anileve @ May 16 2007, 03:51 PM)  

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Is that what you call credit bureaus in Latin America? "Credit Bulls" Sorry Azat jan, but this innocent mistake was very funny to me. What can I say, I have a very primitive sense of humor...sad.gif

Actually I think it was deliberate - these people can be real "asses" (or eshes) wink.gif

#48 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

Would you guys happen to know anyone who's looking to buy a car?

I'm selling a 2006 Nissan X-Terra S with 2,580 milage for $21,800

FYI: The price was $25,681 where $2,000 was payed as down payment (you don't need to worry about returning $2,000 at all) and there was a $1,000 Nissan rebate on top of that.

I think that $21,800 is a very good price for SUV that hasn't really been used, and it still smells like it's been bought yesterday.

Please spread the word to anyone that's looking for buy an SUV.

Thanks a lot.

#49 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

I take it the dealer didn't want it? sad.gif

#50 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

I didn't take it to the dealer because I was told that I would never get a good deal on it, and I would end up paying the negative equity.
BUT I did take it to Carmax today because my friends said that Carmax will give me a better deal on it, than the Nissan dealership.

The asking price of Carmax was only $18,000, which is not what I expected. The real value of the car is around how much I still owe the bank; therefore, I decided to try to sell it myself.

I found out that I owe the bank $21,800 so I'll be glad to sell the car at that price, rather than make a profit on it since I simply want to get rid of it. I don't loose any money on it myself since I didn't pay a penny for it.

SO... if you guys know anyone that would like to take the car from me then please let me know!

I still think about trying the Nissan dealership, but if Carmax didn't give me a fair value on it, then I'm afraid that I'll be wasting my time going to the Nissan dealership.

I'm looking into opening up an account with ebay to sell it through them. Also, can you guys recommend any other websites where I can sell my car?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by _femme333_, 20 May 2007 - 12:49 AM.

#51 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:41 AM

I was wondering if there is a chance that I could just transfer my name into his name, how would that work? I'm not 100% certain that his credit score will let us do that at this point, but it will never hurt to find out.

Should we go to his bank (Wells Frago) or should we go to Nissan dealership to change it?
I was also thinking about that maybe we need to contact the bank which gave us that loan and transfer my name into his?

Could you please advise me on this as well?
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users