Photo

We just lost one we love, one of our best!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Arnold {Arshad} Paloolian, born Noyemper 22, 1918 passed away August 21,2016 less than two weeks after his brother Paul { Պողոս }

Arnold was in Europe during WWII with the 66 infantry, Black Panthers division. He was living in Carson City, Nevada for the last 40 or so years. A great man, you would like him, you would have loved him, if you had the luck to know him. 

He was Uncle Arnold to our girls from the time they were babies. His leaving is a great loss.

About 40-45 years ago I, was a bachelor than building a home up at Lake Tahoe. I was in Carson City at a restaurant  counter, I had the need to talk to someone, someone Armenian. I asked for a telephone book and began looking for names with "ian", The waitress set a phone on the counter, I dialled and there was Arnold who said "come for a cup of coffee!" Rose his wife always kept our cups full while we talked the world over. 

He was a great friend, we rebuilt a hydromatic Transmission in his back yard.

I got married, he was friend and Uncle Arnold to the girls who love him.  He called himself a heathen, but when I was Sargavark, deacon of our small local parish he was always at Holy Badarac and supported the church in every way. 

Աստված պահել նրան մոտ ձեզ.

He was always there, always there for us, what a loss, 

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:16 AM

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace!

• onjig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users