http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#23 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(nairi @ Jan 8 2007, 10:09 AM) View Post
I don't think they're stolen. All of those products have something wrong with them. They're factory mistakes (or whatever it's called). They can't be sold in regular shops, so they are going to be thrown away or recycled. E-bay power sellers somehow get their hands on these products (possibly for a friendly price, if not for free) and then sell them on for a supposedly cheap price on e-bay.

I assume you mean refurbished goods.

#24 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Jan 5 2007, 10:41 PM) View Post
I suspect stolen products to be sold there. You sell a product and you know you offer it for a bargin compared to the retail price and then to find out that someone sell it much less than what you could get wholesale. How is this possible?

Police: eBay seller arrested after NY man finds his stolen GPS device for sale on eBay
08/01/2007 7:28:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - A New York-based eBay seller was charged with possessing stolen property Monday after a would-be customer found his stolen GPS navigation device up for sale on the online auction site.

Danial Rangkar, 25, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday, a day after he was arrested. Operating under the name, "nydannysjewelry," he is accused of trying to sell dozens of other electronic items, including laptop computers and iPods.
He was ordered held on US$25,000 bail and told to surrender his passport, the Nassau County district attorney's office said.

Rangkar's lawyer did not return a telephone call seeking comment.

The would-be customer, who was not identified, said he checked the serial number when he found the device about 10 days after it was stolen and matched it to the one he had owned, police said Monday.

Police searched Rangkar's home and business, a second hand store in Queens, and found several dozen items they suspect had been stolen out of automobiles in the New York area.

Catherine England, a eBay spokeswoman, said those suspected of illegal activity have their account cancelled immediately. His site was still offering items Monday, and England said it was possible police had yet to notify her company about the arrest.

#25 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

it happens all day long

have you ever seen a I sold it or other Ebay stores reporting to local Police about each and every piece of merchandise offered by them on Ebay ?? no it never happens / the person in that article is lucky to find it on ebay

Don;t every take Bank-to-bank transfers, Cashiers Checks, personal checks, money orders, certified checks.
to be safe use your Paypal ,Visa, MasterCard
American Express, Discover to pay - atlist if somthing gos wrong - you have yoru credit cards Co. behind you - credit card will charge back and teh seller has to provide all teh neccesiry information and profes
Ebay is one of the best if not the best auction house - but many thugs do take advantage of it / it takes time to learn to cover yourself - but there is something new every day someone somewhere is spending time to find a way / loophole to take advantage of your and your $$$

sold a watch on ebay 3 years a go for $1200 Confirmed & verifide member who had 50 + feedback - so we send it to N-California - 15~20 days after we get a charge back from paypal - costumer was calming that she has never got the watch and it was not her who has placed the order - - for 3 days i was like - OK i have lost the watch and the $$$$ - then i remember that she was asking me prior to end of the auction for extra links to make the watch bigger, so I found the old MSg and replayed to her that i did found the links & if she wont them to Email me the ser# and the model number - also it would be good if she can take a picture of the links - since i did not have the original auction pictures, to make sure wink.gif i have the correct links, sure enough after 45 minutes she got back w/me, Picture + Ser# + the model # and asking to ship to same address as the one we shipped the watch - after that all i had to do was contact Paypal forward the MSG from Ebay - and in less then 2 hours the money was back in my paypal

but we are not lucky all the time i did lost $$$ on ebay - most of the time it was coverd by shipping Co or ebay/paypal/s insurance but still .....

#26 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

Movses I'm bidding on a watch on e-bay, a rare omeqa moon watch with 18k white gold, the seller is in japan
in the page it says "we wont give second chance to bid" but this guy just keeps sending me a second chance offer, the watch acording to him is outhantic and with all international waranty papers, his feedback is 100 %

I will PM you the link of the ouction, see if you can notice something fishy becouse I'm very naive in this, especialy when I will be spending 2k for rae omega watch

Thanks

#27 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jan 9 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post
in the page it says "we wont give second chance to bid" but this guy just keeps sending me a second chance offer, the watch acording to him is outhantic and with all international waranty papers, his feedback is 100 %

Probably you are the highest bidder and he's trying to get some more money out of you.

#28 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:18 PM

habbba habbbbbbaaaa

just got me a charge back frome Ebay smile.gif

isn't this wonderful / speking of the devil / order from Canada / verified and confirmed member of Ebay - MSG by Paypal Fraudulent funds / hold placed on 01-09-07

was going to be delivered on 1-15-07 by UPS - asked them to return my goods, lets see if it will happen - a year a go i had a similar problem asked them to stop and return the goods but it has never took place instead it was delivered sad.gif
Hi HAaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#29 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

OK smile.gif I got my product back smile.gif
Habba HAbbbbbbaaaaaa

I'm still out of $70 US for shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic