VIRTUAL COLLECTION OF THE ARMENIAN NATIONAL GALLERY AVAILABL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 03:32 PM

VIRTUAL COLLECTION OF THE ARMENIAN NATIONAL GALLERY AVAILABLE ON THE NET
From now on, it will be possible to see the art work in the Armenian National Gallery without actually going there. A web-site of the Gallery has been created by information technology experts of the National Academy of Science. The pictures are accompanied by texts containing a brief history of various art periods. The texts are in Armenian and in English. 245 out of 25 thousand works of art in the Gallery’s collection can already be viewed online. These include works by both Armenian and Western European artists. Biographies of artists are also available on the web-page. The site has sections for search, news, and Gallery publications. We hope that the virtual collection of the Armenian National Gallery will be helpful for art historians and art lovers around the world. You can visit the site at www.gallery.am.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 04:02 PM

MosJan,

Thanks. Beautiful job. The only problem is some of the Armenian font is compiled, but the other part is not. Any idea why?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 06:59 PM

Martin you need Arial Armenian font installed on your computer to be able to read that armenian text. The other armenian texts you see on that site actually are pictures.
if you need armenian fonts look here http://armenians.com/fonts . ArmTTF1.zip and ArmTTF2.zip contain many fonts Arial Armenian included.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 07:12 PM

Garo,

In fact I have it. But nevertheless, I have the problem. (:

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2000 - 09:36 PM

What browser do you use?
Make sure the Encoding is set to User Defined.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2000 - 03:56 AM

That's what I have...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users