• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

I was only a little kid when we moved from Armenia. My cousin at the time was three in a half and remembers me. Last year I saw her for the first time in 16 years. I came back to the U.S. and could not believe that I was in love with my cousin. I made myself believe that I am not and that it is wrong, at the same time I was giving excuses to why it is not wrong. Anyways, my love for her slowly was going away, but something pulled me back to her and I went and visited my aunt's family again for the whole summer. The third night I was there, my cousin and I started kissing, SHE made the first move. The next day we talked about it and found out that both of us were in love. We both love each other, and it is such an unaccepted practice in that country. Anyways, I was there for 2 in a half months, my cousin and I secretly got married and I will do anything for her. I can't live without her. We are now married and I want to bring her to the U.S., however the I-130 immigration petition to bring her asks for both of our mother's maiden names! I don't know what to do!!! I am going crazy, I cannot live without her, I will not marry or date or do anything with any other girl but her, I love her. I think us being cousins creates a stronger marriage and better love, I don't know, please, I want to bring her here with me does anyone know anything about such an issue?

#2 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

sorry but i don't think you are armenian and this post is sincere, good luck!

#3 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(kakachik77 @ Aug 11 2007, 03:42 PM)
sorry but i don't think you are armenian and this post is sincere, good luck!

I do believe he's Armenian but I do not believe his post is sincere. I think the marriage is a gimmik to bring his cousin to the US and he need opinions from us to not get caught. Something which is of course illegal.

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

All I want to know is who performed the marriage in Armenia? For the first cousins.

#5 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

I swear to god it is sincere, I love her. It is not a gimmick to bring her to the U.S. I know lots of Armenians always do gimmicks to bring people to the U.S. I love her a lot, and it is just killing me that this situation is like this. I've done a lot of research about cases like this, and it is actually quite common for cousins to be separated by when back together they fall in love.

It is not a gimmick and I can turn to no one for help because no one would understand how I can fall in love with my cousin. Before this happened I would've had the same suspiciouns as you guys and when find out it is legitamet, I would think it's sick. But after this has happened to me I am thinking a lot differently.

I don't know where else to turn to for help, if I can't get her here, I will just have to go to another country with her.

#6 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

Why don't you write your case in Armenian?

#7 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

Hayeren grem?

#8 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(gdavidyan @ Aug 11 2007, 04:54 PM)
Hayeren grem?

Yes.

#9 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

Es arachi ankam@ gnaci hayastan ancyal tari ev im morkuyri akhchka het siaharva: Gjhutyun e hima galis im vren vor chem karox iren het linem. Menk iskakanic irar het siaharvacenk yev uzumenk irar het kin yev amusin aprenk. Yes yete chkaroxanam iren berem ays tegh, yes iren het kpakhnem kgnam.

#10 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Enger jan, yes kexc ban chem anum, ajs akhchika het yes siaharvelem yev uzum em iren.

#11 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

meknumek@t xpeq indz prtsnem pleaze !!!

#12 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Aug 11 2007, 05:31 PM)
meknumek@t xpeq indz prtsnem pleaze !!!

biggrin.gif

#13 ALMA

ALMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Domino @ Aug 11 2007, 08:53 PM)
I do believe he's Armenian but I do not believe his post is sincere. I think the marriage is a gimmik to bring his cousin to the US and he need opinions from us to not get caught. Something which is of course illegal.

Why is it illegal? How about Muslims then? is it illegal for them too? I didn't know such thing was illegal in the US. I don't think it's illegal in Europe as the majority of Muslims marry their cousins.
In many cases names and surnames coincide, what happens then?

#14 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(ALMA @ Aug 11 2007, 05:33 PM)
Why is it illegal? How about Muslims then? is it illegal for them too? I didn't know such thing was illegal in the US. I don't think it's illegal in Europe as the majority of Muslims marry their cousins.
In many cases names and surnames coincide, what happens then?

I think you misunderstood me. I thought it was a gimmik to get her in the US, marriage for the sole reason to bring people in, is illegal. Well, I think it is, isen't it?

#15 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

U.S. Law says that what is accepted in the country of marriage is generally accepted here.

That's my problem, I don't think it's allowed in Armenia, I'm not 100% sure. If it is illegal in Armenia, I could probably get in major trouble. We know what Armenia is like, and we know that everything works with money there, I don't want to bring her here illegally, I want to legally bring her here as my wife so we can life normal lives as husband and wife. I might have to move far away somewhere else in the states from other family, but that is no issue for me. I love her and no relative is going to keep me from loving her.

I know muslims do it, and as soon as any Armenian finds out who I am they will call me Turk, but I don't care.

I really need help on knowing how to legally bring her here, because it is a legitamet, real marriage, I love her to death.

#16 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Assuming it is genuine, well just fill the papers, no matter if the family names are the same, it should work. I still find it weird that two cousins after three days will kiss eachothers no matter what.

#17 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

No, no, this was after 3 days the second time I visited.

#18 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

man you need help / something like medical attention - their might be a pill for it ask your doctor

#19 gdavidyan

gdavidyan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

I know it sounds crazy, I don't know what I would've thought if someone else told me this. I would just tell them to shut up and get over it, but it is so difficult, the bond that we have together. Even before this happened, everywhere we would go people would say, "Es ov e, ko nshanac@."

I have a notarized translated copy of the marriage certificate and it is, "Married on which is registered in accordance with the Law in the Register Book on XX/XX/XXXX"

After the marrige registration they are given the last names:

Husband: XXXXXXXXX
Wife: XXXXXXXX

Anyways, you get the picture.

In the state I live in, it does not allow first cousin marriages, however, there are states which do, California is one of them, I'm thinking of moving to California to become a resident there and then file the petition rather than even more risking it here.

I know if I am caught they will probably assume it's fraud, but it's not fraud! I love her and I want to be with her.

#20 ALMA

ALMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Domino @ Aug 11 2007, 10:36 PM)
I think you misunderstood me. I thought it was a gimmik to get her in the US, marriage for the sole reason to bring people in, is illegal. Well, I think it is, isen't it?

Oh ok I did misunderstand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users