• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

ՆԵՐ- ԱՐՏԱ- ԳԱՂԹ
In- Out- Migration, Immigration v Emigration
A timely, if somehow belated article.
Is the fact that now we have a Ministry of the Diaspora in itself admission that at the present the Diaspora is bigger and growing even bigger by the day?
Is this a new phenomenon? Remember during our thousands of years history w have been trying to get closer to Europe and away from the East? Remember the mass migration From Ani to Klikia, from Sebastia, Van and Kharberd to istanbul? Remember that during the early years of the 20th century there were more Armenians in baku than in Yerevan?
Is this a manifestation of our national character or a case of being “in the wrong place at the wrong time”?
And now, that places like Russia, America et al are no more the places with “streets paved with gold” (Dollars, Rubles and Euros), all of a sudden we remember that there is a place “a promised land” called Armenia, if you will? A place where some people are “paving their driveways” and “lining their pockets” with gold from the gold plated rotten teeth of their citizens!!
Tajik, not Armenian but...
http://www.shrani.si...lden-teeth1.jpg
goof.gif You may not have known that the Armenian word for "migration" is ՄԻԳՐԱՑԻԱ? Anyone remember words like "ԳԱՂԹ"? Yeah, yeah continue the միգրացիա, see if you can be accepted as russatsia, evropatsia or americatsia.
======
http://www.armeniano...i...222&lng=eng
(February 13, 2009)
Migration: Armenians continue to leave the country in search of jobs
By Marina Grigoryan
ArmeniaNow reporter
Published: 13 February, 2009
According to recent research, the overwhelming majority of people who left Armenia between 2002-2007 are work migrants – 94 percent of 230,000.

According to the “Migrants who returned to Armenia in 2002-2008” research conducted by “Advanced Social Technologies” NGO in cooperation with the Migration Agency of the Ministry of Territorial Administration of Armenia and the OSCE Yerevan office, only 3 percent have emigrated for permanent residence abroad, the others have left to study or with other purposes. In all the groups the majority was going to Russia.

The Director of the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Law, President of the Armenian Sociological Association professor Gevorg Poghosyan believes that the deepening economic crisis in Russia and other countries may lead to the return of a considerable number of Armenian work migrants.

“Judging by data, the Russian market of job migrants will reduce by 30 percent. One may assume that almost the same percentage of Armenian work migrants, about 240,000 people, will have to leave Russia. If all of them return to Armenia, the situation will be quite grave, especially taking into account the fact that the country is only capable of providing employment for about 25,000 people a year.”

According to the Migration Agency, during January-December 2008 there were 23,059 more people leaving the country than those entering it.
This is the worst indicator since 2001, when about 60,000 people left the country. In 2007 the negative balance was only 3,200. The best indicator, according to official statistics, was registered in 2006, when there were 22,000 more who returned or entered than who left.

Comparing the reasons for out-migration from Armenia at the beginning of the 90s and during the above-mentioned period, the authors point out that the first wave of emigration was connected with the desire to escape from the difficult consequences of the collapse of the system and the first years of independence. In the recent years people have been leaving to earn money to improve the living conditions of their families who remain in Armenia. About 10 percent of Armenia’s qualified workers have gone abroad in search of higher salaries. The researchers point out that higher migration activity is observed among 25-44-year-old males, which affects the demographic indicators and can later lead to the shortage of work force in the country itself.

Hakob Torgomyan, 50, left for Moscow at the beginning of the 1990s. He says he was able to set up his own business in just a year’s time from then. “At that time in Russia it was possible to live and work and even set up your own business without being a citizen. Then I got Russian Federation citizenship, I bought an apartment, a car, expanded my business. In short, things went well.”

Ninety percent of the emigrants have been able to find jobs outside Armenia. At the same time, based on statistics on the RA population’s employment, the authors arrive at the conclusion that 30 percent of the migrants would have been jobless had they stayed in Armenia.

According to data, about 24 percent of the migrants, or 55,000 people, have returned to Armenia within the past 6 years without having the intention of leaving the country again. Those who have decided to come back to their motherland are mostly older than those who continue to live in abroad.

Torgomyan returned to Yerevan last year, but he hasn’t been able to find a job yet.

“I came back because here I have relatives, friends, a house. No matter how well things went in Moscow, I always had the desire to return. But there are no jobs. That is why I have to live on the income I get from renting out my apartment in Moscow.”

As to the reasons for returning home, the interviewed migrants say that they were rather conditioned by the “alienating” factors in other countries than by those “attracting” them to Armenia. Among those factors are the loss of jobs, the growth of alienation and difficulties of integrating into a new environment, as well as the aversion to social values (especially in Russia).

The Association of Sociologists of Armenia has studied the reasons Armenians return from different countries.

“Those who return from European countries are in a pitiful state,” says Gevorg Poghosyan, the director of the Institute of Philosophy and Law, a doctor of sociology. “These are the people who failed to settle in Europe and were deported. When they were leaving Armenia, they sold all their movable and immovable property, because they thought they were leaving their motherland for good. And now, having been forced to return, they have found themselves in a very hard social situation. Among those who have returned from Europe, only about 5 percent have the means to start their own business in Armenia.”

“I had excellent opportunities to get a job there, even without having a citizenship. I was offered a job with an initial salary of $1,000. But I came back, because during the years of study I was never able to get used to alien morals and customs. Here I get paid much less, but I don’t regret having made this decision.”

Among the reasons for not returning many Armenians in Russia name the factor of the children who have already got used to living in a foreign country that has become their home.

The research states that the problems of migrants returning to Armenia were conditioned mainly by the discrepancy between their hopes and the reality that governed the country, which often becomes the reason for repeated migration.

According to Poghosyan, the reintegration of those who returned to Armenia is a very complicated process. Rural migrants who have returned to Armenia face serious challenges not only of socio-economic nature, but also connected with children.

“This is because the children of migrants – be it in Russia, Kazakhstan, or other former Soviet countries – go to Russian schools.
And upon return they have to go to Armenian schools, because there are no Russian schools in villages. And it is mostly high-schoolers we are talking about here. These and other adaptation issues often lead to repeated migration from Armenia.”
----
(February 13, 2009)
Արտագաղթ. հայերը շարունակում են մեկնել երկրից աշխատանք փնտրելու համար
Մարինա Գրիգորյան
«ԱրմենիաՆաուի» թղթակից
Published: 13 Փետրվար, 2009
Վերջին հետազոտությունների համաձայն` 2002-2007 թթ. Հայաստանից արտագաղթած մարդկանց մեծ մասը` 230,000-ի 94 տոկոսը, աշխատանք փնտրողներն են:
Ըստ «2002-2008 թթ. Հայաստան վերադարձած արտագաղթածները» հետազոտության, որն անցկացվել է «Առաջադեմ սոցիալական տեխնոլոգիաներ» ՀԿ-ի և ՀՀ տարածքային կառավարման նախարարության միգրացիայի գործակալության և ԵԱՀԿ երևանյան գրասենյակի հետ համագործակցությամբ, արտագաղթածների ընդամենը 3 տոկոսն է մեկնել երկրից` մշտական բնակություն հաստատելու, մնացածը գնացել է կրթական կամ այլ նպատակներով: Բոլոր խմբերում մեծ մասն ուղևորվել է Ռուսաստան:
Փիլիսոփայության, սոցիոլոգիայի և իրավունքի ինստիտուտի տնօրեն, Հայկական սոցիոլոգիական ընկերակցության նախագահ պրոֆեսոր Գևորգ Պողոսյանը կարծում է, որ Ռուսաստանում և այլ երկրներում խորացող տնտեսական ճգնաժամը կարող է առիթ հանդիսանալ զգալի թվով արտագաղթած աշխատուժի հայրենիք վերադառնալուն:

«Ըստ հաղորդումների` Ռուսաստանում աշխատելու համար արտագաղթածների շուկան ընթացիկ տարում կնվազի 30 տոկոսով: Կարելի է ենթադրել, որ մոտ այդքան հայ արտագաղթածներ ստիպված կլինեն հեռանալ Ռուսաստանից, որը կազմում է մոտ 240,000 մարդ: Եթե նրանք բոլորը վերադառնան Հայաստան, բավական դժվարին կացություն կստեղծվի` հաշվի առնելով այն, որ երկիրն ի վիճակի է աշխատանքով ապահովել տարեկան ընդամենը 25,000 մարդու»:
Միգրացիայի գործակալության տեղեկատվությամբ` 2008 թ. հունվար-դեկտեմբեր ամիսներին Հայաստանից մեկնածների թիվը 23,059-ով գերազանցում է ժամանողների թվին: Սա 2001 թվականից սկսած ամենավատ ցուցանիշն է, երբ շուրջ 60,000 մարդ մեկնեց երկրից: 2007 թ. բացասական հաշվեկշիռն ընդամենը 3200 էր: Պաշտոնական վիճակագրության համաձայն` ամենալավ ցուցանիշը 2006 թ. էր, երբ ժամանողների թիվը 22,000-ով ավելի էր մեկնածներից:

Համեմատելով 90-ականների սկզբին նշված ժամանակահատվածում Հայաստանից արտագաղթի պատճառները` հեղինակները նշում են, որ եթե արտագաղթի առաջին ալիքը կապված էր համակարգի փլուզման և անկախության առաջին տարիների ծանր հետևանքներից փախչելու ցանկության հետ, ապա վերջին տարիներին մարդիկ արտագաղթում են` Հայաստանում մնացած իրենց ընտանիքների կենսապայմանները բարելավելու նպատակով գումար վաստակելու: Հայաստանի մասնագիտացված աշխատուժի մոտ 10 տոկոսը արտասահման է մեկնել` փնտրելու ավելի բարձր աշխատավարձով աշխատանք: Հետազոտողները նշում են, որ արտագաղթի առավել ակտիվություն է նկատվում 25-44 տարեկան տղամարդկանց շրջանում, ինչն ազդում է ժողովրդագրական տվյալների վրա և հետագայում կարող է հանգեցնել երկրում աշխատուժի պակասի:

50-ամյա Հակոբ Թորգոմյանը Մոսկվա է գնացել 90-ականների սկզբին: Նրա խոսքով` արդեն մեկ տարի անց հաջողվել էր կարգի բերել իր բիզնեսը: «Այն ժամանակ դեռ հնարավոր էր առանց քաղաքացիության Ռուսաստանում ապրել, աշխատել և նույնիսկ սեփական գործ դնել: Իսկ հետո դարձա Ռուսաստանի քաղաքացի, բնակարան, մեքենա գնեցի, ընդլայնեցի բիզնեսս, մի խոսքով` գործերս լավ ընթացան»:

Հայաստանից մեկնածների 90 տոկոսին հաջողվեց աշխատանք գտնել: Միևնույն ժամանակ, հիմնվելով ՀՀ բնակչության զբաղվածության մասին վիճակագրական տվյալների վրա, հետազոտության հեղինակները եզրակացնում են, որ նրանց 30 տոկոսը Հայաստանում մնալու դեպքում գործազուրկ էր լինելու:

Ըստ հետազոտության տվյալների` արտագաղթածների մոտ 24 տոկոսը կամ 55,000 մարդ վերջին 6 տարիների ընթացքում Հայաստան են վերադարձել առանց հանրապետությունը լքելու մտադրության: Ի տարբերություն արտերկրում մնացածների` նրանց մեծ մասը, ովքեր որոշել են վերադառնալ հայրենիք, տարեց են:

Թորգոմյանը Երևան է վերադարձել անցյալ տարի, սակայն դեռ չի հաջողվել աշխատանք գտնել:

«Վերադարձել եմ, որովհետև այստեղ են հարազատներս, ընկերներս, տունս: Ինչքան էլ գործերս լավ լինեին Մոսկվայում, վերադառնալու ցանկությունը միշտ էլ եղել է: Բայց աշխատանք չկա: Այդ պատճառով ստիպած ենք ապրել Մոսկվայում վարձով տված բնակարանից ստացվող եկամտով»:

Որպես տուն վերադառնալու պատճառ հետազոտության շրջանակներում հարցված ներգաղթածները նշում են այլ երկրներում ավելի շուտ «օտարացման», քան դեպի Հայաստան «ձգելու» գործոնը: Այս գործոնների թվում նշվում են ինչպես աշխատանք կորցնելը, այնպես էլ օտարացման աճը և նոր միջավայրում ինտեգրվելու առնչությամբ դժվարությունները, ինչպես նաև սոցիալական արժեքների չընդունելը (հատկապես Ռուսաստանում):

Հայկական սոցիոլոգների ընկերակցությունը ուսումնասիրել է տարբեր երկրներից հայերի վերադարձի պատճառները:
Եվրոպական երկրներից վերադարձողների շրջանում ցավալի պատկեր է,- ասում է Իրավունքի և փիլիսոփայության ինստիտուտի տնօրեն, սոցիոլոգիայի պրոֆեսոր Գևորգ Պողոսյանը: - Դրանք այն մարդիկ են, որոնք ոչ մի կերպ չեն կարողացել հաստատվել Եվրոպայում և նրանց արտաքսել են: Ժամանակին Հայաստանից հեռանալիս նրանք վաճառել են իրենց ամբողջ շարժական և անշարժ գույքը, քանի որ կարծում էին, թե ընդմիշտ հեռանում են հայրենիքից: Եվ այժմ, ստիպված վերադառնալով, հայտնվել են շատ ծանր սոցիալական վիճակում: Եվրոպայից վերադարձածների ընդամենը 5 տոկոսը միջոցներ ունի Հայաստանում սեփական բիզնես սկսելու»:

26-ամյա Իրինա Բալասանյանը Սանկտ Պետերբուրգ է մեկնել հինգ տարի առաջ սովորելու: Մասնագիտությամբ ծրագրավորող է:

«Հիանալի հնարավորություններ ունեի այնտեղ աշխատանքի տեղավորվելու համար` անգամ քաղաքացիություն չունենալով: Ինձ աշխատանք առաջարկեցին սկզբնական 1000 դոլար աշխատավարձով: Սակայն վերադարձա` ուսումնառության տարիների ընթացքում այդպես էլ չկարողանալով հարմարվել օտար բարքերին ու կարգերին: Այստեղ ինձ շատ ավելի ցածր են վարձատրում, սակայն չեմ զղջում որոշմանս համար»:

Ռուսաստանի շատ հայեր որպես հետ չվերադառնալու պատճառ նշում են երեխաների գործոնը, ովքեր արդեն հարմարվել են օտար երկրում ապրելուն, որը դարձել է նրանց տունը:

Հետազոտության մեջ նշվում է, որ Հայաստան ներգաղթածների խնդիրները պայմանավորված են եղել հիմնականում իրենց հույսերի և երկրում տիրող իրողության անհամապատասխանությամբ, ինչը հաճախ դառնում է կրկին արտագաղթի պատճառ:

Պրոֆեսոր Պողոսյանի խոսքով` Հայաստան ներգաղթածների վերաինտեգրումը շատ բարդ է: Լուրջ խնդիրներ են առաջանում Հայաստան վերադարձած գյուղացի ներգաղթողների մոտ ոչ միայն սոցիալ-տնտեսական բնույթի, այլև կապված երեխաների հետ:

«Չէ՞ որ արտագաղթողների երեխաները, լինի Ռուսաստանում, Ղրղըզղստանում կամ նախկին խորհրդային երկրներում, հաճախում են ռուսական դպրոց: Վերադառնալով` նրանք ստիպված են հաճախել հայկական դպրոց, քանի որ գյուղերում ռուսական դպրոց չկա: Եվ խոսքը հաճախ բարձրդասարանցիների մասին: Այս և հարմարվելու առնչությամբ այլ խնդիրները հանգեցնում են Հայաստանից կրկնվող արտագաղթի»:
© Copyright ArmeniaNow.com 2002-2008. All rights reserved.
Articles may be reproduced, provided ArmeniaNow.com is cited as the source

Edited by Arpa, 14 February 2009 - 06:42 PM.

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

The following is a lengthy article well worth a read. What with the latest news of some 200 hundred Hamshen is from Kyrgizya expressing their wish to immigrate to Artsakh.
Most curious. Look at his surname Gharabaghtsyan ?? :huh: Spartak??!! Do Italians Greeks and Spartans name their children Spartak?
We are eternally grateful that it is not- garabagh-li-oghlu.
Who the is spartak/spartacus/spartakus? :oops: Do we care?? How about he amend his name to ARTAK SIUNETSI-AN??!!
Or Masis Araratian?

http://hetq.am/eng/news/1246/

Spartak Gharabaghtsyan: "I oppose repatriation based on slogans"
10:08, 16 May, 2011
Following is an interview with writer Spartak Gharabaghtsyan regarding the diaspora and its relations with Armenia. He has written extensively on the subject; focusing on the issue of repatriation and what diaspora Armenians face upon relocating to Armenia.
The interview took place in Beirut where the writer was visiting as a consultant for Haroutyun Khachatryan's "Endless Return" film being shot there.
You are well informed about the issues of immigration and emigration. Do you believe that repatriation is taking place today in Armenia and if so what are the differences between now and 1946?
It's no secret that the entry of diaspora Armenians into Armenia has increased since independence. Many simply decide to get up and relocate. If we can call this return of a portion of the diaspora to Armenia as repatriation then we can also state that there are differences between now and 1946 and there aren't.
There was a different shade to the immigration of 1946. And there was even an objective behind the return. It was a political objective and many who returned became its victims. It wasn't by chance that many were exiled to Siberia without even setting foot in Armenia.
But the propaganda campaign back in 1946 was more convincing. A whole system was behind the campaign with its own emissaries. The first wave of repatriation happened after WWII and today, interestingly enough, it's happening after another war. But we still have unresolved problems like Karabakh.
Despite this, we have a winner's psychology. Many Armenians from the diaspora have a desire to live in a victorious and independent Armenia. But the government is also calling them home but it is using the wrong slogans. There's also a difference in the mentality between now and then; a generational divide. There was no independent government back in 1946.
Those who returned in 1946 weren't well received by local Armenians. Does the same hold true today?
Diaspora Armenians have been well received in the neighbourhood I grew up in. The local residents there felt safer, both materially and mentally, after these Armenians moved in. The locals felt encouraged to see outsiders coming to live alongside them. It was a moral boost in a way.
But later on, business and commercial relations impacted everything and the concept of repatriation got muddles as a result. We must be sincere and accept this. There was a fear that these outsiders were coming to push the locals out of the way. These are issues that can be ironed out.
You oppose the slogans used by the Ministry of the Diaspora. Have you or your friends made alternate proposals to the Ministry?
It is not that I oppose the slogans being used by the Ministry but that, in general, I am against repatriation through the use of any sloganeering. We have lived for seventy years in a country with the most humane of slogans. Luckily or not, one of the vociferous representatives of those slogans is now the Diaspora Minister.
Understanding the negative impact of those slogans in the past, the Minister should liberate herself from carrying on in the same vein. It's not that we have to convince Armenians to return but that individual Armenians must decide for themselves and return. This film of ours, "Endless Flight, Endless Return" serves as both a slogan and a title. It's our destiny in a way. In the end, however much you flee from your roots you can't escape the blood flowing inside you.
You frequently spend time in Syria and Lebanon. It's like they've become a second home of sorts.
I also append time in America quite a bit and they say the path has become second nature to me. The saying is as familiar as "the flow of water". I'd say going to the diaspora frequently is a like a call of blood for me.
What is Beirut for you?
I am here now talking to you but I feel the need to get up and return home. I feel quite comfortable here in Beirut and in Aleppo; never like a stranger. It's amazing. I have no blood relations but I feel at home nevertheless.
Where does this come from?
Perhaps from the neighbourhood I was born and grew up in back in Yerevan and the fact that there were many from the diaspora. It's simply called "3rd Section". 80-90% of the residents were from the diaspora and we bonded not through slogans but by living together.
I still have ties with those people. My best friend as a child was from a family that returned in 1947. Now he's a renowned doctor living in New York. We get together once a year without fail.
Please tell us something about your latest book.
It's called the "Tea Seller" and it's about diaspora Armenians. In a way it's a return to my childhood. I haven't made up a thing. It's the story of real people; their customs, way of talking. Even the names haven't been changed.
I now realize what we gained when these Armenians returned and how much we lost when they left. Realizing the losses, I don't wish to see the repatriation process politicized. I simply want people to return home, to their country, because after coming home here there awaits another road to travel to the other side; we have another homeland that awaits.
If you write another book, who will the main character be?
I'm working on a new book now called the "Residence of the Sun". Just imagine, those same repatriates are the main characters because the more I return to my childhood it are these layers that I encounter.
My last short story is about an Armenian from Aleppo that relocates to Armenia in the 1990s. The man is now in his seventies but he wept when reading the book.
You also lecture on the history of the press, including the press in the diaspora. Is it your feeling that the diaspora press is read in Armenia?
Let me start by saying there's a general problem with reading in general; whether the press from the diaspora or elsewhere.
I'll tell you that my students in Armenia are amazed to learn that there was a press in the diaspora 200 years ago and that it's still going. They had no idea of the history involved. The diaspora press must be better represented in Armenia. Even if there only a handful of readers it will be a great help. In our day, news reports from the diaspora were passed on from person to person.
Are you aware of the proposal to create a bicameral parliament in Armenia? Here in the diaspora, feelings are mixed. What has been the reaction in Armenia?
The reaction has been mixed in Armenia too. Some see the positive, others the possible negative fallout and others prefer to see nothing. By the way, talk of creating such a structure isn't new in Armenia. There were similar discussions immediately after independence.
We made such a suggestion when the first parliament was being formed as a way to include the participation of the diaspora. Some charged us with being nationalist extremists.
It's a matter of time but we must find an appropriate manner to include the diaspora.
One issue that prevents the unity of the dispora is the localized mentality that still dominates. You have all these hyphenated Armenians – Lebanese-Armenia, Syrian-Armenians, and American-Armenians. Sometimes these divisions lead to conflicts.
Fine, but the same is true in tiny Armenia. You have Gyumri-Armenians, Yerevan-Armenians and the Karabaghtsi Armenians. But it shouldn't get out of control.
You wouldn't call these recent Armenians who have relocated to America as diaspora Armenians. They have little in common with the "traditional" diaspora. The diaspora is one's fate. The issues facing the traditional diaspora are clear – Genocide, Armenian Cause and staying Armenian.
The recent arrivals are pursuing other interests and I don't really know if you can label them as diasporic Armenians.
Like it or not, there will always be Armenians living outside Armenia. This is also a plus for our nation, especially when it comes to foreign affairs. The diaspora is also a force that must remain healthy. Turkey is also seeking to sweet talk the diaspora into some type of understanding. Yes, we must have a strong country and government, but like any effective army, we must also have our scouts on the ready.
I am happy to hear that you appreciate the role of the diaspora in national affairs. I know intellectuals in Armenia who sort of look down on the diaspora.
Excuse me, but what intellectuals in Armenia are you referring to? Back in the 1990s there were those in Armenia who knew how to sing, dance and paint a bit and they decided to sing, dance in the diaspora and sell their canvases there, just to make some money.
If you are talking about these intellectuals then excuse me but they do not appreciate what is being created in the diaspora or its culture.
Look at TV in Armenia today. There are programs full of amateur songs and cultural manifestations. Armenia is also drowning in a sea of amateurism.
Just look at the best know Armenian rock group, System of a Down. It's from the diaspora. There is nothing like it in Armenia.
There is also another layer of intellectuals in Armenia that doesn't benefit from the diaspora and neither does it want to. This layer silently realizes that the diaspora is one portion of its life and destiny and accepts it as such.
It is this layer in Armenia that the diaspora must unearth and work with.
Interview conducted by Anoush Trvants

Edited by Arpa, 18 May 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

Armenia without Armenians?
Is that Russian “prophecy” coming to pass?

http://hyeforum.com/...=0
Is that failed program of Ari Tun a meager attempt to fill the vacancy created by all those who run away?
Who are we kidding?
Which shall we believe Արի Տուն/ Ari Tun or Թողիր-Լքիր Տուն/Thoghir= Lqir Tun?
Ironically Ijevan means Landing/Descent/Lodging/Settlement. Not Abandonment.
:jester: Where is that idiot Noah to descend on "nakh"-Ijevan? :P
---
http://hetq.am/eng/articles/2437/

Who's Helping Ijevan Residents Move to Russia?

13:39, 25 June, 2011
The office of an organization called "Harmonia", which promotes Russian culture, is located on the second floor of High School #5 in the northern Armenian town of Ijevan.
It was there that I met with Seda Zarkaryan, who has been teaching Russian at the school for many years. In the traditional Russian style of name and patronym, she is called Seda Bagratovna.
She has volunteered to coordinate the activities of a program that sends Armenians from Ijevan to Russia to live and work.
Seda Bagratovna says that officials from the Russian Embassy in Armenia and the Russian Migration Organization visited Ijevan and met with potential emigrants at the Tavush Regional Administration.
At the beginning there were only a few individuals who were interested given the organizational problems that hadn't been ironed out.
That number increased in the spring of this year. Many sought out her help as an expert in the Russian language with the required documents. She was then offered the post as volunteer coordinator.
On the day we arrived, Seda Bagratovna was explaining to a female acquaintance of hers what assistance would be provided by the Russian government to those who made the move
She helps the applicants fill out the necessary forms and answers their questions.
During the 30 day period from April 15-May 15, some 300 individuals from Ijevan and the surrounding region came to the migration office and filed applications.
And this response has been through word of mouth. The office hasn't advertised its services in the papers or on TV. We asked Mrs. Bagratovna why.
"You found us alright without any publicity. Word of mouth is much more effective," she replied, adding that the migration organization doesn't want to send large numbers of people from Armenia's border region with Azerbaijan to Russia.
Those who do apply usually have to wait at least two months in order that their identities are checked by the Russian security services.
Applications filed at the Ijevan branch are sent to the migration organization's main office in Yerevan.
Mrs. Bagratovna told us that on May 15 a question and answer meeting was held with potential migrants at the Ijevan Cultural Center. The place was packed she said.
The case files of sixteen families who have applied are currently being processed.
The Russian government will cover their transportation and moving costs and will provide them with a one-time transition payment.
Given that Russia, unlike Armenia, does not recognize dual-citizenship, those migrating will have to give up their Armenian citizenship and apply for Russian citizenship.
Moscow will defray these and other legal costs as well. In some cases, the Russian government will even offer temporary income supplements to families not making ends meet.
Those who change their minds afterwards must return the financial assistance received to the Russian government within the span of two years.
Those applying are offered work in various Russian regions, but most prefer areas in the west.
"There are job openings for doctors and teachers in Kalingrad. Many also prefer Kaluga since they know that the mother of Samvel Karapetyan, the owner of the company Tashir, is from Ijevan," Mrs. Bagratovna noted.
She said that the jobs offered range from scientific positions to nannies and home care attendants.
Not everyone seeking to try their luck in Russia goes through the official channels however.
Many board buses headed for Russian cities in the south that periodically leave from the Ijevan market.
Whatever the route, Seda Bagratovna points to socio-economic conditions as the main impulse for leaving Ijevan.
Hopefully, the Armenian government fully comprehends the demographic risks now facing the country's strategically sensitive border regions.

Edited by Arpa, 26 June 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Under another topic I just as the writer of the article expressed my doubts, that if there were an exodus of Armenians from Syria they would choose to migrate to Yerevan. ?
http://hyeforum.com/...00

The only ones will immigrate in a casket.

behttp://hyeforum.com/index.php
See cartoons below And remember Mr and Mrs, Alex Manoogians.
As everyone is exiting with suitcase at hand , the only ones entering are in caskets.
http://3.bp.blogspot...No-Comment..jpg
Posted Image

http://www.armradio....rt=soc&id=10249
Over thair dead bodies?

Alex and Marie Manoogian interred in Holy Etchmiadzin .
On the morning of Tuesday, July 17, the earthly remains of National Hero of the Republic of Armenia, Life President of the Armenian General Benevolent Union and national benefactor of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Alex Manoogian, and those of his wife, Marie Manoogian, were committed to the soil on the grounds of Holy Etchmiadzin. The service and ceremonies were offered with full state honors and the holy rites of the Church.
Alex Manoogian died in 1996, his wife Marie in 1993. Prior to their burial in Holy Etchmiadzin, they had been interred in Detroit, Michigan (USA).
Commencing at 10:00 A.M., the caskets bearing the remains of the renowned Armenians were brought from the Monastery of St. Gayane to the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin by the honor guard of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia, and placed before the St. Trdat Open-Air Altar.
His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, presided and offered the solemn Repose of Souls service, with the participation of President of the Republic of Armenia Robert Kocharyan, President of the Republic of Nagorno Karabakh Arkady Ghoukasian, President of the National Assembly of Armenia Tigran Torosyan, Prime Minister of Armenia Serge Sargsyan, the children of Alex and Marie Manoogian – Louise Manoogian Simone and Richard Manoogian, and Manoogian family members.
Also present for the service were diocesan primates from throughout Armenia, members of the Brotherhood of Holy Etchmiadzin, government ministers of the Republic of Armenia, AGBU President Berge Setrakian, AGBU Central Board members, and hundreds of faithful Armenian sons and daughters, who had come to pay their final respects to the devoted scions of the nation.
During the service, His Holiness Karekin II addressed his message to all present, stating, “Our souls are happy today, to see the earthly remains of Alex and Marie Manoogian interred in their native land which they always cherished, and in Holy Etchmiadzin which they dearly loved, kept close to their hearts and from which they were never separated. Generation upon generation of our children will visit the Treasury Museum built through the patronage of Alex and Marie Manoogian and come to pay respects to their final resting place. They will pray within the churches constructed and renovated by their donations; learn in educational institutions operating under their sponsorship; and be inspired by their good works and their patriotic and church-loving spirit and example, for although ‘born as mortals, [they] bequeathed an immortal memory’. It is in this manner that a people endure – through devotion, service, noble and valiant deeds and an appreciation and evaluation thereof – from generation to generation. This is the path and life of a blessed people, since ‘If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.’” (I Corinthians 3:14)
Next, the military honor guard led the funeral cortege toward the gravesite located in front of the Treasury Museum built through the philanthropy of the Alex and Marie Manoogian. The solemn procession of deacons, priests, bishops and the Pontiff of All Armenians, was followed by President Kocharian, Richard Manoogian, Louise Manoogian Simone, the President of the National Assembly, the Prime Minister, government ministers, Manoogian family members and the faithful.
Arriving at the gravesite, His Holiness presided and offered the Burial Service, following which, the flag of the Republic of Armenia was removed from the casket of Alex Manoogian and presented to Richard Manoogian and Louise Manoogian Simone by the commanding officer of the honor guard. As the military band played the national anthem of the Republic of Armenia, the twin caskets containing the earthly remains of the benefactors of blessed memory were lowered into the ground.
During a reception held in the Pontifical Residence following the service, His Holiness invited National Assembly President Tigran Torosyan to address the guests on behalf of the government of the Republic of Armenia. He stated in part, “Alex Manoogian’s life and work was a remarkable embodiment of love and dedication – for his family, his people and our homeland. And this is why, even after his earthly life has come to an end, his work is being continued by his children, Louise Manoogian Simone and Richard Manoogian. By returning to the homeland, the great benefactor has undertaken his final mission – to inspire countless Armenians by his presence and example to carry out nation-devoted pursuits, because he has undeniably demonstrated that personal wealth only receives meaning and value through philanthropy and devotion.”
His Holiness next invited Richard Manoogian to share his thoughts on the historic occasion of his parents’ interment in Holy Etchmiadzin. Mr. Manoogian stated, “Their lives have symbolized for us a shining path, always directed to the ancient soil of Armenia. While my father did not choose in his life to join the sacred ranks of clergy, deep in his heart he cherished a tremendous love for the Armenian Apostolic Church. His deep religious faith and his commitment to the religion of his forefathers guided him throughout his life and that is why he contributed so much to the Armenian Church, by serving as a deacon in his early years and by building holy sanctuaries throughout his lifetime. …This is a very special honor bestowed upon them by the Armenian Church, in appreciation of their commitment and service to Armenia, our fatherland and the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin.
“My father always remembered fondly his time spent in Armenia, and especially the day the Alex and Marie Manoogian Museum here was dedicated. He expressed his deep feelings by stating: ‘Every person has a dream in life. For me it had always been a dream to be able to add my own brick to the edifice of our ancestral homeland…I feel rewarded that I have had the opportunity to place a stone on the hallowed soil of the homeland at the most sacred site of Holy Etchmiadzin.’
“I feel that my father’s soul has always resided in this holy place and today his body, and that of my mother, joins as well; body and soul together to rest here for eternity. I cannot imagine any place other than Armenia, where my parents’ souls could find lasting peace.”
The journey of Alex and Marie Manoogian’s life was presented by their daughter, Louise Manoogian Simone. In her remarks, she reflected on the early lives of her parents and the experiences they shared which shaped their future, as well as the dreams that Alex Manoogian had throughout his lifetime. Reflecting on her father’s labors and mission, she noted, “In 1953, when Alex Manoogian was elected president of the AGBU, he and my mother began to travel the world to evaluate the needs of the Armenian Diaspora. He dedicated his presidency to creating Armenian schools and centers throughout the world. However, he always said that the Church was the most important Armenian institution.
“I’ve always regretted that due to ill health, my parents could not travel to Armenia after independence and see the dramatic progress year after year. My father was honored often in his lifetime, but his proudest moment came when he was named National Hero of Armenia by President Levon Ter-Petrosian in 1993.
“Today, I can feel my parents smiling in heaven, amazed that a new era has begun in their lives; and grateful to His Holiness that they will now rest eternally on this blessed earth of Holy Etchmiadzin, the heart and soul of every Armenian – past, present, and future.
“Your Holiness, each member of our family thanks you for the unexpected, exceptional tribute you have bestowed on Alex and Marie Manoogian. Words cannot express our gratitude. You have immortalized the deeds of our parents and their lifelong dedication to their Church and their heritage.
“President Robert Kocharyan, our family thanks you for all you’ve done. We will never forget the impressive reception upon my parents’ arrival and today’s emotional interment. Even my father, with all his dreams, could not have imagined these last few days. We would also like to express our deep appreciation to the President of Nagorno Karabakh, Arkady Ghoukasian, for joining us today, the President of the Parliament Tigran Torosyan, and Prime Minister Serge Sargsyan, for their presence, both at the airport and at Holy Etchmiadzin.”
At the conclusion of the reception, the Manoogian family joined the Armenian Pontiff and the bishops once more back at the gravesite, where His Holiness offered the rite of Sealing of the Grave, ending the interment service and concluding the journey of Alex and Marie Manoogian’s repatriation to their homeland.

If you think that the Armenians of Syria will immigrate to Yerevan? Think again. See that Many of them may still remember what happened during the mass immigrations in the 1946-s, when they were severely discriminated, called all kinds of name like “aghber, arabahayer” and worse.. Many of whom eventually got out of that hellhole when emigration became possible, many of them now live in so called Glendale -s. and Pasadena-s. See the stories about those who moved to Yerevan from Iraq . They could not to get the hell out and go places like France and other civilized countries.
Fast forward. Has the discrimination and harassment stopped?
Let’s see how so many well wishing diasporans are being harassed , exploited, cheated (Najarian), even murdered (Beberian) and many more. I still doubt that the accusations of pedophilia of Serop DerBohosian are actually true. Another “cow to milk”? The sad part, how easily and willingly the so called judicial system believed those gossips.
http://hetq.am/eng/n...ans-appeal.html

Edited by Arpa, 13 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#5 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Fast forward. Has the discrimination and harassment stopped?
Let’s see how so many well wishing diasporans are being harassed , exploited, cheated (Najarian), even murdered (Beberian) and many more. I still doubt that the accusations of pedophilia of Serop DerBohosian are actually true. Another “cow to milk”? The sad part, how easily and willingly the so called judicial system believed those gossips.
http://hetq.am/eng/n...ans-appeal.html

Arpa - I completely agree with you. Many many diasporans have been swindled and will continue to be swindled if the system remains the same in Armenia. But I don't understand your obsession with this Serop կոչեցյալ's assumed innocence. If I'm not mistaken there is video evidence of his sexual adventures. Why do you think he's being framed and how is he being framed?

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Arpa - I completely agree with you. Many many diasporans have been swindled and will continue to be swindled if the system remains the same in Armenia. But I don't understand your obsession with this Serop կոչեցյալ's assumed innocence. If I'm not mistaken there is video evidence of his sexual adventures. Why do you think he's being framed and how is he being framed?

Dear Nane, your comment is well taken. You think I am obsessed with the Der Boghossian saga?
He is/was the sole owner manager of the mining company Metal Prince.
Don’t you think that he was isolated and targeted by the jealousy and revenge of the politico/financial powers to be to destroy not only his character but also his financial monopoly.
To me it is just a witch hunt, based on hear say, I said he/she said/ Ըսի ըսաւ He being a US citizen why was he sentenced to 17 years of detention , not deported to his country of origin America for us to see the unsubstantiated allegations of pedophilia?
Not that I want to, why can’t we see those so called videos?
Another cow to milk dry to the blood?
http://www.digplanet...ki/Metal-Prince

Among the many ten page long list of anti-diaspora swindles and intrigues, here are a few more.
http://hetq.am/eng/a...thorities?.html

http://www.a1plus.am...ay-baghdasaryan
And if you/I think that more diasporans will move , or even send their hard earned pennies to Yerevan? Think again. Where and how does he get that kind of money?
Do I have an apartment in the Beverly Hills?
Do You?
Երկրին եւ ժողովուրդին մայրն են քունում, արիւնն են ծծում:
http://news.am/eng/news/92700.html

YEREVAN. – All through his ten-year tenure, Armenia’s Hrazdan city Mayor, and the ruling coalition’s Republican Party of Armenia member, Aram Danielyan has “made” millions of dollars. According to Zhoghovurd daily’s reliable information, Danielyan recently purchased an apartment in France and in US—in Beverly Hills, Zhoghovurd writes.
“We certainly can imagine as to how the mayor of a city in Armenia has bought two houses abroad, but the official revelations are noteworthy. In line with the data which was made public in 2010 by Hovhannes Hovsepyan, the Head of the Armenia’s Presidential Control Service, Hrazdan City Hall caused the state a damage worth AMD 19.1 million [approx. US$ 49,452], and facts of a AMD 27.7-million [approx. $71,718] misappropriation were discovered, at the City Hall, in terms of roof repairs alone. These numbers are only a part of the revelations,” Zhoghovurd writes

Edited by Arpa, 14 February 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

If Hypocrisy were a Nobel Prize subject Armenians would win hands down.
At the slightest of pressures we Pack our Bags and MOVE.
Is this a joke, a cynical and sarcastic parody?
Hayastan, Land of Paradise?

http://museum.am/songs/99.html
Then we pack our bags and join the caravan.
On the Foreign Desert Road .

http://www.usum.org/publ/27-1-0-197
And once we get there wew sing this.
Yeah right! Let Me Fly Home in My Mind.
http://www.yerakouyn.com/?p=6844
http://www.merhayren...ick/martik.html
Not to forget this.
http://www.usum.org/publ/35-1-0-238

Edited by Arpa, 23 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#8 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

ԱՐՏԱՌՈՑ ԵՒ ԱՐՏԱԿԱՐԳ ԱՐՏԱԳԱՂԹ
UNUSUAL (strange, weird) EXTRAORDINARY(unorderly) EMIGRATION

In the coming days oe weeks the Armenian National Census burau will conduct a survey.
How many more lies will we see? Does anyone else beside us us believe those lies? Like, the population of RA ia 3.2 million, frozen since the soviet 1980-s .

http://jeffreyhill.t...5d96a970c-550wi

Յառաջիկայ օրերուն կամ շաբաթներուն, Հայաստանի Ազգային վիճակագրական ծառայութիւնը լոյս պիտի ընծայէ, այս տարուայ` 2014 թուականի առաջին վեց ամիսներուն երկրէն մեկնողներուն եւ ժամանողներուն հաշուեկշիռը:
Անցեալ տարի, տարուան առաջին վեց ամիսներուն, Հայաստանէն հեռացած էին 123 հազարէն աւելի հայորդիներ:

http://hairenikweekly.com/2014/07/09/արտառոց-եւ-արտակարգարտագաղթ/

ԱՐՏԱՌՈՑ ԵՒ ԱՐՏԱԿԱՐԳԱՐՏԱԳԱՂԹ

Յառաջիկայ օրերուն կամ շաբաթներուն, Հայաստանի Ազգային վիճակագրական ծառայութիւնը լոյս պիտի ընծայէ, այս տարուայ` 2014 թուականի առաջին վեց ամիսներուն երկրէն մեկնողներուն եւ ժամանողներուն հաշուեկշիռը:
Անցեալ տարի, տարուան առաջին վեց ամիսներուն, Հայաստանէն հեռացած էին:
Այս թիւը աննախադէպ էր Հայաստանի համար, նկատի ունենալով հոսքն ու ծաւալը:
Ժամանակագրական ու թուային տուեալներու ետին նայելով, կարելի է աւելի յստակօրէն պատկերացնել թէ ի՞նչ կը ներկայացնէ արտագաղթի թղթածրարը:
Արդարեւ, իննսունականներու սկիզբներէն մինչեւ 2010, այսինքն գրեթէ քսան տարիներու ընթացքին, Հայաստանէն հեռացածներուն թիւը գերազանցած է մէկ միլիոնը:
Աւելի մանրամասնութիւններու եւ պրպտումներու երթալով, այլ հետաքրքրական վիճակագրական պատկերներ ցոյց կու տան թէ երեք նախագահներու ժամանակ ալ գաղթը շարունակուած է: Միայն 2004-05-ի ժամանակաշրջանին է որ թիւը պակսած է եւ ընդհակառակը, արձանագրուած է ներգաղթ:
Անցեալ կատարեալը պարզապէս իբրեւ պատկեր նկատի ունենալով, վերադառնանք ներկայ օրերուն եւ հարցադրենքՈ՞ր դասակարգի, տարիքի կամ սեռի կը պատկանին եւ ու՞ր կը մեկնին:
Յաւելեալ պեղումներ եւ մանրամասնութիւններ կատարելով, մեկնողներու հիմնական մասը աշխատունակ կացութեան մէջ է, այսինքն անոնց տարիքը կը տարուբերի երեսունէն յիսունի միջեւ: Դեռ աւելին, տղամարդոց թիւը գրեթէ կրկինն է, քան` փափուկ սրտերուն թիւը:
Գաղթողներու ուղղութիւնը երկու երրորդ մեծամասնութեամբ կը կատարուի դէպի Ռուսաստան, ապա Միացեալ Նահանգներ: Յաջորդ կարգին կու գայ Եւրոպան, որոնց կարգին յատկապէս Ուքրայինան: Այս վերջինին պարագային, վերջին ամիսներու անցուդարձերն ու անապահով կացութիւնը ազդած պիտի ըլլայ որ թիւը մեծ նուազում արձանագրէ: Դեռ աւելին, նկատի ունենալով վերջին ամիսներու Սուրիոյ թէժ կացութիւնը, բաւական շօշափելի թիւ մը ցայսօր որոշ ժամանակաշրջանի համար բնակութիւն հաստատած է Հայաստանի մէջ: Այս բոլորը կրնա՞յ նուազեցնել այդ դէպի դուրս հոսքը: Այս մէկն ալ հարցական է, մանաւանդ որ անոնց մէկ մասը կրնայ վերադառնալ երբ վերստին հանդարտութիւն տիրէ, կամ ալ չընտելանալով իր ներկայ իրավիճակին, իր կարգին դիմէ այլընտրանքին՝ արտագաղթին:
Գաղթող ժողովուրդ ենք եւ այս գծով պատմական վերլուծումներ եւ իրողութիւններ ներկայացնելով, կարելի չէ պանդխտութիւնը նկատել հայկական իւրայատուկ հիւանդութիւն: Եւ այդ հիւանդութեան արդիւնք՝ համաճարակն այն է թէ, արտագաղթի հոսքին մղում տուող երեւոյթներէն կարեւորագոյնը, նախապէս արտասահման գաղթած եւ հոն ալ արմատ նետած հայորդիներն են:
Հայոց Ցեղասպանութեան 100-ամեակի սեմին, կամայ թէ ակամայ ականատես կ՛ըլլանք այլ աղէտի մը, որն է ԱՐՏԱԳԱՂԹ:

http://hyeforum.com/...=1

To not forget that during the early 1920-s before the mass migration of the survivors of thr Big G it was a small fraction of a million. .See why many currents residents of the RA claim their roots to places like Van, Moush, Kars etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenians

http://worldpopulati...nia-population/

Population History
Year Population Change
1950 1,354,000 N/A%
1960 1,867,000 37.92%
1970 2,518,000 34.89%
1980 3,096,000 22.97%
1990 3,545,000 14.49%
2000 3,076,000 -13.23%
2010 2,963,000 -3.66%

Population Projections
Year Population Change
2020 2,988,000 0.85%
2030 2,958,000 -1.01%
2040 2,886,000 -2.44%
2050 2,748,000 -4.80%
2060 2,571,000 -6.44%
2070 2,381,000 -7.40%
2080 2,175,000 -8.64%
2090 2,000,000 -8.04%
2100 1,864,000 -6.80%

How Many People Live in Armenia Right Now?
Based on the most recent estimates, the current population is projected as:2,977,036

Edited by Arpa, 10 July 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Compare the above figures to the below ones, and see how those dogs to east and the west are growing like rats in leaps and bounds.
http://www.populstat...sia/turkeyc.htm
1910 -12908,0
1920 - 20947,2
1980- 74119,0 e2010mp
Now- 81,619,392
===
And now let us see how those other dogs in the east did.
http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Azerbaijan
1960 - 3 895
2013 - 9 496 172 600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users