#181 vahan79

vahan79

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(vahan79 @ Jun 12 2007, 08:40 AM) View Post
Just so I am clear, are you saying none of us are "hay" (as in հայ )? huh.gif

Also, this thread is all about the Armenian perspective (if any) on homosexuality. If you are "homosexual", we'd certainly appreciate your input on this matter, too, of course!

Wait, I think you meant "gay"...got it! Ha ha ha. I guess your right hand didn't know what your left was doing. (get it? come on, that was clever!)

#182 vahan79

vahan79

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Anonymouse @ Jun 11 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post
Oh my poor, neglected homosexual proponent, which questions do you seek answers for?
- Your resident homophobe

Շատ հեշտ ես մոռացել? Քանի անգամ պիտի հարցնեմ? Մի խաղա ինձ հետ, խնդրեմ...

#183 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

On another note: THIS should probably be in the humour section... ohmy.gif

#184 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(vava @ Jun 12 2007, 01:37 PM) View Post
On another note: THIS should probably be in the humour section... ohmy.gif

"Make love not war" will hold ground if and only if they had the gay bomb. biggrin.gif
What if the bomb explodes prematurely (no pun intended) before delivery? wink.gif

#185 JudoThrow

JudoThrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jun 12 2007, 01:47 AM) View Post
JudoThrow, are you gay? And more importantly, are you muslim? biggrin.gif

lol. No and No.

Yeah, it was a typo, should have wrote gay instead of hay.

#186 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Arvestaked @ Jun 11 2007, 12:41 PM)
There are no credible peer-reviewed studies that claim this. Sorry.

I'd like to see this credible peer-reviewed publication which supports YOUR claim. There wasn't any proof on either side, and for political reasons I don't know if there will be one. All I know is that most claim that they've experienced certain desires at an early age, others got into it most likely because of a childhood abuse, and the rest through experimentation.

Frankly, I don't really care what ones sexual preference happens to be, but I am not sure if I approve of liberal gay parenting. Perhaps in the future I'll come to a conclusion, but for now I am not sure. I am not a fan of flamboyant behavior though, I used to find it amazing when I was partying with my friends and the guys would buy us drinks without any side thoughts. However, now I find it melodramatic and annoying. But this has nothing to do with the topic...I realize.

#187 karnoug

karnoug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

First, I'd like to comment on the size of our Armenian Gay community. Until I met some gay Armenians I had not realized what a big gay community we have! Some are flamboyant, some not so much, and some terrifyingly masculine. The saddest are the masculine ones, who must go through life pretending to be straight because they fear they will not be accepted by the community, and more importantly, by their families.

What I most wanted to say is that getting to know members of the gay community, speaking with them about gay issues in the Armenian community, and finding out about the pressures this puts on them has made me both sympathetic and supportive for them. Being gay is hard enough in the American culture, imagine how much more difficult it is in the Armenian culture with all traditional value systems, beliefs, and presumptions. If a person is not gay, if being a homosexual is a choice, why in the world would these men and women choose a lifestyle that would alienate them from their family and community, make life that much harder and complicated??? I believe a person is born gay, it is not a choice (though I am not saying there are none who choose the lifestyle for whatever reasons they may have). So many of my friends have shared with me of when they were little boys in Lebanon, where they did not even know of homosexuality, and yet they found themselves hiding and secretely "checking out" other boys instead of girls...

We are all God's creations, we are all created differently and put on this earth to learn and grow together, and to practice the love and tollerance that God has instilled in us. Much love & peace.

#188 Balaclava

Balaclava

julik jurnalist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(vahan79 @ Jun 3 2007, 04:35 PM)
Hey all, I thought I'd bring this topic up. Basically, I have a friend (Armenian) that just came out to me (and no, it's not me using "friend" to pretending to have a "friend"). Apparently, he has been "out" for a long long time in his circle, but didn't want to tell any of his Armenian friends because he was afraid we'd be judgmental/non-accepting/tell people and it would get back to his parents (he didn't tell them). He does have some gay Armo friends and there is even a group I guess in LA, something like GALAS (not sure what all the letters stand for huh.gif )

Anyway, let's talk; I'll start off with some questions, but say whatever:

(1) Are we, as Armenians, less accepting of gay people among us (i.e., we accept odarner/otarner that are gay, but not "our own")?

(2) Why do we care?

(3) Do gay Armenians have the same pressure to partner with another Armenian (despite the whole kid thing being a sort non-issue)?

(4) How do you personally feel about gays/lesbians/etc.?

People are already afraid of their own self. They need not to be afraid of others.

There is a solution---that is, tell your friend to be unafraid of anything, including his-self.

#189 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Balaclava @ Nov 25 2007, 11:35 PM)
People are already afraid of their own self. They need not to be afraid of others.

There is a solution---that is, tell your friend to be unafraid of anything, including his-self.

That would be nice were it not for the stats that say homosexuals are the most freuqent practicing pedphiles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users