1 reply to this topic

#1 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Bastard says that he didn't know azerbaboon was a dictatorship, corrupt low life!

][/background]

Former deputy speaker of PACE Göran Lindblad: I work for Azerbaijan by order

Yesterday the former vice president of PACE Göran Lindblad acknowledged that he has lobbied the interests of Azerbaijan connected with the Karabakh conflict and had worked commissioned from Baku, Göran Lindblad told in an interview to "Radio Liberty", reports the Azerbaijani portal "Haqqin.az."

According to portal, Göran Lindblad is familiar with the political realities of Azerbaijan, as far as "for many years he had represented it at the Council of Europe and had lobbied the interests of Azerbaijan in the Karabakh issue."

Göran Lindblad has told in particular: "After leaving the office in PACE I worked in Society Europe - Azerbaijan for 18 months and lobbied the interests of Azerbaijan in the Karabakh issue. This organization operates in London."

Former vice president of PACE said that during the time while he was at an official position in the Assembly, he did not do anything by order, and learnt about the "caviar diplomacy" only after leaving his position: "I was doing a commissioned work only after the completion of my political career. I have never propagated Azerbaijan as the best place in the world. I lobbied the interests of Azerbaijan only in connection with issue of return of Karabakh. "

Göran Lindblad, who recently visited Baku, noted that Azerbaijan is an authoritarian state and the authorities should settle the Karabakh conflict and build democracy. "Azerbaijan is a problematic country. I can say that over the past two years, the human rights situation in Azerbaijan has deteriorated. Regime has become more repressive," he said. 

Referring to the issue of political prisoners Lindblad stated that he had advised Ilham Aliyev to release the political prisoners before the Azerbaijan's chairmanship at the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe.

According to him, one of the reasons why the authoritarian countries reject democracy is their natural wealth. Lindblad also called on the totalitarian countries to forget about their pasts as soon as possible. "All the former totalitarian countries should clear out everything in their history, as it did Germany once. At the same time, Russia and other CIS countries should be more careful, otherwise totalitarianism will return in its ugliest form," he said.

Lindblad believes that Ilham Aliyev "would have won in the last election anyway", but despite this, the Azerbaijani authorities take up the path of repressions against journalists and opposition. According to the former vice president of PACE, perhaps the Council of Europe has hastened to accept into their ranks such a country as Azerbaijan. 

In June 2010 at a meeting of the PACE Monitoring Committee the Co-Rapporteur on Armenian issue was elected Göran Lindblad, known for his engaged anti-Armenian position. Back in February 2010 he introduced references to the project concerning Armenia, in which the participation of army in the events taken place on March 1, 2008 was qualified as "containing coup elements." Lindblad also stated he believes that those arrested in the riots on March 1, 2008 were political prisoners, until he was proved the contrary. In this regard, the head of the Armenian delegation to PACE David Harutyunyan stated: "I hear it for the first time that a man has a right to give negative ratings until proven the contrary. Such an example of political immaturity confirms our concerns about the impartiality of co-rapporteur Lindblad." 

In June 2010 site Panorama.am published a photograph of Goran Lindblad receiving the book "Armenian terror" from the Azerbaijani agitator. Back in early October 2009 PACE President Lluís Maria de Puig, appealed to the Azerbaijani delegation with the demand to stop the spread of xenophobic propaganda, however this picture is a clear indication of violation of this requirement. Besides, the fact that the PACE co-rapporteur on Armenian issue is provided with an anti-Armenian products make the Azerbaijani agitating propaganda reveal itself.

In May 2012 the Swedish national evening newspaper “Expressen” wrote that Goran Lindblad works as a lobbyist at an organization called "European Society of Azerbaijan» (TEAS), which has strong ties with the Azerbaijani regime. The money received from the organization, he puts into his dental practice. The publication notes that only a few weeks after the parliamentary elections in Sweden in 2010, when Lindblad left the parliament, the "European Society of Azerbaijan," got in touch with him and at the end of 2010/2011, he began working as a lobbyist in the organization's office in Brussels.
In conversation with journalists from the newspaper “Expressen” Goran Lindblad stated that his task in the organization was to conduct lobbying activities in the issues concerning the war between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Former deputy directly stated that he was now working against their old colleagues in the Council of Europe. "There is no justification for jailing the political opponents or prohibiting the peaceful discussions. But they have blessed me in the war against Armenia," added the Swedish politician, commenting on Azerbaijan's approach to human rights.

Goran Lindblad ties with “TEAS” are subjected to harsh criticism. Thus, the Swedish Minister for EU Affairs Birgitta Ollson stated that Azerbaijan is a dictatorship, in which dissident bloggers and independent journalists are harassed and arrested. Ollson denounced the ties of former member of the Swedish parliament with the Azerbaijani regime.

Source: Panorama.am

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

They bought him, so he works for them, If we got to him first or paid him more he would work for us. Can we ask what his price is? Lindblad is for hire, being a pimp, is making the best use of his time.

Baroness Carolyn Cox is on the other hand a honest person. She can't be purchased or threatened into taking an immoral stance.

We ether have to buy the scum, camp followers who cheer for the Azur and Turc or accept where they flock and instead encourage good and noble humans to aid us and take our side. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users