• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (armjan @ Feb 22 2005, 10:05 PM)
"I do agree that it is the worst post ever."
-why?

"Sasun, your arguments are even not arguments to even try to answer them."
-have you noticed consistency/coherence/sound arguments in great abundance elsewhere. where? the man works with what he's dealt with. if ur dealt a bad hand, what more can u do to change it?

Why waste my time to make a detailed, well articulated and clearly stated argument, if my opponent is going say "no, you are wrong" following his habits? I might as well spend 2 minutes and type out a few words without much concentration. It's all the same, I will be told to "go away" anyway smile.gif

But if one really wants to understand my post is good enough.

#22 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Arvestaked @ Feb 22 2005, 06:46 PM)
Wow. Worst post ever. To reply would be a waste of time. Go away.

I was reading this thread and sort of finding it interesting until you started to lose your cool. If you can't take it then don't discuss it. Telling Sasun to go away seems childish not to mention rude.

#23 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:17 AM

Sorry I'm quite busy these few days and can't get into the serious conversations ... but just wanted to say that the title of this thread is misleading as it implies some sort of religion. I think the list is more of a list of scientists with "creationist" views and doesn't necessarily say much about their religious stance.

Someone might be creationist yet not believe in an "all mighty Christian God that created heaven and earth and then adam and eve of which we all decended". A "creationist" may believe (like Einstein for example), that the universe is too ordered to have happened randomly.

My cynicism is about "belief" .. a true scientist should have no reason to believe in creationism without sound evidence. And just because Einstein is a great physicist, it doesn't make him the know it all regarding the origins of the universe ... no one can know and therefore "believing" one way or another is just stupid.

#24 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (QueBeceR @ Feb 22 2005, 02:18 PM)
I think a real scientist is either an agnostic or a Fadixist smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Domino (or Quebecer, I should say tongue.gif ) is Fadixist a person who believes in multiple universes? Did you come up with that? smile.gif You use the word "Fadixism" quite a lot lately.

#25 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:16 PM

It would be good to have some integrity and modesty to acknowledge your limits. What is the point of telling me to "go away". Do you really think I will go away? Ridiculous.

My limits to what? You have not posed any arguments. All you do is tell me I do not know what I am talking about and use a bunch of adjectives to describe me that you probably do not know the meaning of. If you think such responses warrant nice, long, articulate, meaningful replies you are wrong. You have ignored everything I wrote anyway and responded with stuff that either does not make sense or is not even a response to my post. To take the time and point out the obvious and defend myself against your finger-pointing would make me out to be a fool. You are just not educated enough and are too protective of yoiur religion.

I was reading this thread and sort of finding it interesting until you started to lose your cool. If you can't take it then don't discuss it. Telling Sasun to go away seems childish not to mention rude.

I did not lose my cool. It had ceased to be interesting with Sasun's absurd reply.

I don't care what you feel is childish. I will tell you what is rude and ridiculous and childish... the fact that Sasun's posts had deteriorated to a string of adjectives supposedly describing me in addition to vaccuous accusations of my of not understanding science, logic, and spiritual cognition without once explaining why it would be so. And this is after I had given significant articulated responses.

have you noticed consistency/coherence/sound arguments in great abundance elsewhere. where? the man works with what he's dealt with. if ur dealt a bad hand, what more can u do to change it?

My responses were near perfect. My ideas are well thoiught out and articulated and if you don't even respect that then why ever have a dialogue? He played a pair of twos against a straight flush and I am being asked to tell the world why a straight flush is a higher hand. His lack of understanding is responsible for his astounding game.

#26 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 23 2005, 12:17 AM)
but just wanted to say that the title of this thread is misleading as it implies some sort of religion

I don't think it implied religion but I could be interpreted by some a such, so I changed the title.

#27 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 23 2005, 02:51 PM)
I don't think it implied religion but I could be interpreted by some a such, so I changed the title.

I owe you a beer. Or non alcoholic juice if it'll tickle your fancy more biggrin.gif

#28 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:52 PM

Here is another link on the subject, which inludes the modern scientists:

Creation scientists and other biographies of interest

http://www.answersin...ios/default.asp

#29 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 23 2005, 12:52 PM)
I owe you a beer. Or non alcoholic juice if it'll tickle your fancy more  biggrin.gif

buy him the juice and me the beer

#30 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 23 2005, 02:52 PM)
I owe you a beer. Or non alcoholic juice if it'll tickle your fancy more  biggrin.gif

Wine Sip, wine. It is a Christian thingy tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#31 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:43 PM

Don't fight, I will take the juice smile.gif

#32 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Arvestaked @ Feb 22 2005, 04:54 PM)
Because he received a Nobel Prize for the photoelectric effect I have to accept everything Einstein? Not a chance. That is absurd.

No, but you could consider why a whole bunch of leading scientists (not only Einstein and even in modern days) believe in creationism. Don't you think they have thought about it A LOT more than yourself using their much more advansed logic.

#33 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (QueBeceR @ Feb 22 2005, 06:09 PM)
First of all, as I have stated, Einstein was more a Pantheist, the only times he used the term god, it was to refer to the laws of nature... his position about a god was the one of Spinoza as he himself wrote... so the claim that Einstein believed a classic god is simply untrue.

QB, you said it is irrelevant what Einstein thinks and yet you continue to expand on what he said and thought.

Classic or non classic, Spinoza or whoever. And Einstein was not the only one.
And I repeat again, god is something personal for everyone, it is not Quantum mechanic, it is not thermodynamic... naming scientists doesn't support or "disprove" the existance of a god. You believe in a god, it exist in your universe, Solaris does not believe in a god, god des not exist in her universe, there is a universe for everyone, your universe is not the same as Einsteins universe, in his a god may or may have not existed, this doesn't mean in yours it does not.

QB, name it what you want. As far as I can see the "multiverses theory" is a highly sophisticated attempt to conceal a creationist view of the universe biggrin.gif

Edited by Armen, 23 February 2005 - 04:15 PM.

#34 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 23 2005, 12:17 AM)
no one can know and therefore "believing" one way or another is just stupid.

I think none of them is stupid. Both are valid and should be applied.

#35 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 23 2005, 03:42 PM)
Wine Sip, wine. It is a Christian thingy  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

Hmmmm ... wine is kind of dangerous ... before you know it, something could lead to another and eh huh.gif Unless you can bring several HOT girls with you at which point I'll even get Haykakan Nuri gini!!!! wink.gif

Edit: And the requirement is they have to be HOT before drinking starts tongue.gif

Edited by Sip, 23 February 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#36 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 23 2005, 04:28 PM)
Edit: And the requirement is they have to be HOT before drinking starts  tongue.gif

See Sip, how mersiful is Chrsitianity towards females. It invented wine so that every female gets some no matter what biggrin.gif And girls are ungrateful enough to even question the existence of God. Give me a brake!

#37 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 23 2005, 02:39 PM)
See Sip, how mersiful is Chrsitianity towards females. It invented wine so that every female gets some no matter what biggrin.gif And girls are ungrateful enough to even question the existence of God. Give me a brake!

The guy must not be getting some in the first. Or else he wouldn't be getting a not so hot looking girl drunk to get "some". tongue.gif

#38 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Feb 23 2005, 04:50 PM)
Or else he wouldn't be getting a not so hot looking girl drunk to get "some".  tongue.gif

Extra jan, I don't need to get drunk. So ... not my problem I guess smile.gif

#39 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 23 2005, 04:39 PM)
See Sip, how mersiful is Chrsitianity towards females. It invented wine so that every female gets some no matter what

good pt. ah yes, I mean everybody needs lovin man!

#40 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 23 2005, 02:56 PM)
Extra jan, I don't need to get drunk. So ... not my problem I guess  smile.gif

Never said it was smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic