• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 H D

H D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

Anita Sarkeesian, an Armenian woman born in Canada and now living in the U.S. is making waves in the American media appearing on CNN and Comedy Central and authoring Op-Eds in the New York Times. She makes a living criticizing American popular culture and video-games in particular from an academic feminist perspective. Once in a while she refers to her Armenian ancestry, but her statements are inconsistent and confusing. But she is aware enough of her ancestry to have criticized Suzanne Khardalian for saying she wasn't a feminist, and suggesting that feminism could free Armenian women of generational shame.

For the first time,  someone (namely me) has written a critique of Sarkeesian from an Armenian perspective. Somehow the goddess Anahit and Sanasar and Baghdasar make an appearance.

http://radiotransmit...ian-damsel.html

#2 H D

H D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Ms. Sarkeesian was just the subject of a story on Nightline on the ABC network.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=28230901

As I explain in the essay, i wouldn't have paid any attention to her if her last name didn't end in "ian". I find her case pretty typical of the Armenian pathology known as odaramolutyun, which is on full display in all of her utterances.

I leave military and even political matters to those whose expertise it is to make such decisions. What I can say is that the religious and moral state of the Armenian people is dire, and the Armenians of the diaspora especially are succumbing to the decadent manners of a dying empire and, as before, will be taking taking back to Artaxata, the corrupt manners of a corrupted people.

et tamen unus
Armenius Zalaces cunctis narratur ephebis
mollior ardenti sese indulsisse tribuno.            
aspice quid faciant commercia: uenerat obses,
hic fiunt homines. nam si mora longior urbem
indulsit pueris, non umquam derit amator.
mittentur bracae, cultelli, frena, flagellum:
sic praetextatos referunt Artaxata mores. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users