Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
har har har

I THOUGHT so...

Anyway, the internet knows no height

Read the height and apologize to all of us you skeptical nut! Same for you, Gayane!!!

Posted Image

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 05:01 PM

I'm not saying it's an average height for Armenian man but they are not as few as you say.

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 05:12 PM

Half Breed jan I am pure Armenian, and I am 6'ft. And most of my friends are Armenian and they are from 5'10 to 6'2, so we can say we are pretty tall people.

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 05:21 PM

Alpha,

How long ago did you graduate from 'SC?

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 06:54 PM

Alpha, I am 5'10 and I tower over most of my Armenian relatives. When I am among Armenians I am usually the taller one in the crowd. I am by no means some Teutonic giant either. Among Anglos I am usually just average. Of course I am talking in tendencies. I have met tall Armenians. My mom's good friend is tall for anyone, woman, man, Armenian, she is 6'3! I am sure the average height is around 5'6 or 5'7. Am I the only one who sees this? What are you going to say next, that most Armenians are blond and blue eyed? LOL! Sure there are some, but we are talking about a majority. Does this mean Armenians are inferior if they are a little shorter? No way!

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
I am sure the average height is around 5'6 or 5'7. Am I the only one who sees this?

I said up above that for some reason, I think Armenian men are short. Just my family isn't and appartently, people around here aren't either. I searched earlier on the Net for "Armenian" & "height", but no luck (hey, you never know what you're going to find).

(Here, Steve) As a statistician, I have to say the sample we have here is not fully credible and therefore we cannot extrapolate our heights to the entire Armenian male population.

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 06:01 AM

What can I say....
I am about 5'5 and I think it's OK for an Armenian girl
What I noticed is that Most of the Armenians are either very short or VERY tall!
Have you seen some of those SASUNCI guys???
They are giants!
There is no doubt about their "pure blood",Steve!
Armenia once was a very big country and people from different geographical regions looked different.
As far as I know, the oneS that lived in a valley (like araratian)used to be darker and shorter.And the once that lived in high mountains (like Sasoun)used to be lighter and taller.

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 06:17 AM

Damn i would never have thought to get so many things on this subjetct
Well i have just one last question. I am almost 17 and 5'11 i wanted to know the age that males stop growing ( i heard 21-25) but im not sure. my desired height is 6'2 3 more inches some people predicted id be 6'1 because they are "experts" on this subject. but seriously though does anyone know when a male stops growing (average) i think it would be possible for me to reach that height i have a not so short aunt on my moms side and some her relatives are from 6'1- 6'8. her uncle is a football player somewhere in armenia i think.

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 09:32 AM

Alex, I think it's 21, on average, that is..

Nvard jan, Sasuntsi guys rock, don't they... lol...I was filled with such pride when I read that...It's said in my family that my great-grandfather was so tall and so strong that he made a pillar in our ancestral home bend(!!!) by rubbing his back against it every so often...lol...so there we go, no argument about the undisputed height and strength of sasuntsi men here! (although their manners should be questioned given this story and given the temper of the men in my family...lol)

(and davit, i'll brag about my roots all i want, thank you very much!!!!...lol)

(by the way, we still have that land and that huge house, although i don't think anyone keeps it up anymore...any ideas about what we could do with it????) (talk about digressing...lol...sorry)

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:

Read the height and apologize to all of us you skeptical nut! Same for you, Gayane!!!

Well you could have wrote that in yourself! OK, ok at the point Please DONT kill me! I'm sure you are very tall!
And why are the other parts of the picture scrubbed out, and devil's horns and things drawn in ?
oi, Artur, look at his picture and tell me whether you think he is the spitting image of Ali G or not?

* * * * * PROMOTION * * * * *

For the rest of you, look at Arturs's post in "humour" on "Ali G" if you (especially you yankees) amongst us still doesnt know what he is talikng about them go to the linkks and Laugh! your cotton socks of. It is funny, it is really good! Actually , Pilafhead i think that would be your king of humour.

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

LOL, Kazza...

Anyway, after all's said and done, we like'em tall, right?...lol

yes.... I suppose I have to admit.....I do like a nice tall men towering over one.....

Anyway I've had enough. This "skeptical nut" is going down the pub. See you all in two ticks.

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
oi, Artur, look at his picture and tell me whether you think he is the spitting image of Ali G or not?

Yeah, sure. All I need is fly glasses and panty hose on my head...

Ali D.

P.S. I smudged the rest because it shows my full name, address, signature, birthday and license number. Even I wouldn't show that.

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2000 - 11:29 AM

Its hard to figure out the average height of Armenians, but in general in comparison say to Rassians, Armenians are short. However in comparison to Asians, Armenians are tall. I think it depends on racial characteristics, so we Armenians in my opinion are average and similar to people of south Europe,and Caucasus.

[This message has been edited by surorus (edited November 09, 2000).]

#34 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2000 - 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

Nvard jan, Sasuntsi guys rock, don't they... lol...I was filled with such pride when I read that...It's said in my family that my great-grandfather was so tall and so strong that he made a pillar in our ancestral home bend(!!!) by rubbing his back against it every so often...lol...so there we go, no argument about the undisputed height and strength of sasuntsi men here! (although their manners should be questioned given this story and given the temper of the men in my family...lol)

Loool!!!!!!
So you are a Sasunci too!!!!!?????
With all the right features??????!!!!!!!
My dad's side is all just pure "Sasna tcrer" lol
My dad and his siblings are the first ones with dark eyes. All their ansestors had green or blue eyes and they all were very very tall!

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2000 - 10:27 PM

OK,

Let me try to summarize the results.
Those of us who are tall believe that we are tall race. Those of us who are short think that we are average or above average.
My conclusion is that we are TALL,DARK AND HANDSOME!

btw MJ is 6.2!

[This message has been edited by gamavor (edited November 11, 2000).]

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 04:09 PM

good for MJ's wife!!...lol

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
Im not sure what planet's Armenians some of you are talking about 5"10 is the average height of Armenian men? I don't think so. I have see very few Armenians, men or women that surpass 5"6. If they do, there is some Ruski or other odar in their family tree!

Ay ay ay - Steve - where did you get that?

Ruski Muski? He he he...

Yes, you have seen very few tall Armenians - that is because you mainly deal with Iranian Armenians - and (no hard feelings) Iranian Armenians tend to be shorter on average. Not sure why.

Aneta

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 04:28 PM

For the record:

I think we are average as a race. I am 5'7" myself and think that's not bad for an armenian girl. I have mostly had a problem with guys being shorter than me not taller Which brings me to my next conclusion - most Armenian guys seems to be short. But I don't think this was always the case. What are you guys doing that stops you from growing????!!?!??!?!?!?! He he he ... Lav chi

During my last two visits to Armenia I noticed that the new generation girls are talle than the guys. While it used to be the opposite during the 70's and 80's, even the early 90's. Do you think it's the western influence? He he he ...

Aneta

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 06:24 PM

Sulamita jan, I have seen the whole gamut of Armenians, I assure you. Most of the Armenians I went to High School with were Lipanahays. I run into Hayastansis all the time, and I don't see much difference.

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 08:02 PM

Well, I'm 5'8, she's 5'9. And I like girls taller than me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)