#1 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

Do you think this could happen to anybody? Or is it just a hoax.

Exorcism in Russia
From Stephen Wagner,
Your Guide to Paranormal Phenomena.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

EXCLUSIVE: Hear an extraordinary recording of an actual exorcism
A sixteen-year-old girl sits in a chair in a Russian Orthodox Church. She is being held down by her mother. Light filters in from high windows and the air is thick with tension and the smell of holy incense. A priest stands over her reading the rite of exorcism. The girl squirms in her mother’s arms, groaning and growling as if the priest’s words were a torment to her mind and soul. The girl struggles violently, her groans becoming inhuman howls and deep, guttural moans of psychological pain. Then she lashes out at the priest, and in a voice that seems not to be her own, spits words of defiance.
This is not a scene from a Hollywood production. This is a partial description of an actual exorcism that took place in a Russian parish on May 1, 2004.

Link

#2 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:06 AM

it's real. I know an armenian priest who's been involved in exorcism.

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons..." - Mark 16:17

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:14 PM

The only ones that really need an exorcism are the priests themselves that are doing this ... as a smart guy (i.e. me) once said, religion is the tool of the devil.

#4 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

Excorcism is complete nonsense. Psychosis is very possible. If I were the devil, and I could be, I would have no reason to possess sixteen year-old girls in Russia, or anywhere else for that matter. As a matter of fact, I probably wouldn't get inside a girl unless she was at least 18.

Edited by Arvestaked, 25 August 2005 - 03:34 PM.

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Arvestaked @ Aug 25 2005, 04:33 PM)
I probably wouldn't get inside a girl unless she was at least 18.

To do what? biggrin.gif

#6 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

Otherwise Arvestaked would find himself in jail. Consent means nothing if the girl is under-age.

A Serbian priest in Serbia has been arrested for causing the death of a young girl during exorcism.

#7 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

Possession by evil spirits is a relatively rare thing compared to psychological disorders. That's where one needs a true exorcist, because if a person with a psychological problem is exorcised it is really bad.

#8 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Aug 25 2005, 03:14 PM)
a smart guy (i.e. me)

lamo.gif

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Djrak @ Aug 25 2005, 12:06 PM)
it's real. I know an armenian priest who's been involved in exorcism.

If the Armenian church subscribes to such medeival voodoo then there must be a word for it.
I could not find one. I could compose a few though, such as "div-a-hanum" or "div-artaqsum".
We know about Narek Kartal and glukh kartal.

#10 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Aug 26 2005, 05:57 AM)
If the Armenian church subscribes to such medeival voodoo then there must be a word for it.
I could not find one. I could compose a few though, such as "div-a-hanum" or "div-artaqsum".
We know about Narek Kartal and glukh kartal.

you call it voodoo, that's what people accused Jesus of when He was driving out demons, they said He's demonic. So is the resurrection demonic to you too?

*sigh*

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Djrak @ Aug 26 2005, 02:58 PM)
you call it voodoo, that's what people accused Jesus of when He was driving out demons, they said He's demonic. So is the resurrection demonic to you too?

*sigh*

Please answer my question, that is if you know the Armenian language. My question was linguistic, not about that cruel pagan mumbo-jumbo of jinns, devs, peris and satans. Remember? We are Christians, compassionate and loving, caring for the mentally ill, not condemning them to hell as sinners.
As to Jesus casting out demons, if you were circumspect enough you would realize that what Jesus did was show compassion and underastanding to the mentally ill, treat them as friends rather than outcasts when the general public would consider them as possessed, taunt and torture (literally) them, an spectator sport during the not so distant dark ages. During which time, having no other means of entertainment the most popular sports was taunting and torturing mentally/physically defiicient people. I am proud to state that I never participated in that from of "entertainment", in fact as young as I was I could see the pain and anguish in their eyes, and when I woud fail in stopping the torture I would run hiome and secretly cry. To this day some scenes of torture still haunt me.

Possessed!

Just because their neurons may be out of synch as we understand it, just because they may have a chemical imbalance!?
How many of those so called pssessed did we burn at the stake just because we did not like what thy were saying?

Edited by Arpa, 26 August 2005 - 10:00 AM.

#12 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:23 AM

Arpa, did i say anything about the mentally ill?
mentally ill and demon-posessed are 2 different things ok?
now about your question, i don't think there is a word for it but i'm sure they'll come up with one, but that's not relevant, there isnt one in french or arabic either, there are a lot of things without a single word to describe them, what's your point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users