Reputation of Armenia and the Armenian People

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HailArmenia301

HailArmenia301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Activist, Researching, Exercising, Spending time with loved ones, Enjoying life.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to Hye Forum; Either way, I am an Armenian and I am very happy to be one. Personally, I think people should be happy with which ever ethnicity they are and this is the case for the majority of the time as far as I have noticed. Having said this, I am researching tremendously regarding Armenia, Armenians, and its neighboring countries; I am trying my best to help Armenian and the Armenian people as much as I can; therefor, I have an idea that I would like to share with the rest of my Armenians.

I believe as Armenians, we should educated both Armenians and non-Armenians as much as we can through example and facts. When I say "example" I mean, we should be polite and sincere with anyone we interact and respect others. I believe by simply respecting others and showing compassion to "outsiders" particularly in the United States, this will make foreigners realize that Armenians are a nice, honest, and genuine group of people. 

This will go a long way when we will need support and future votes on certain issues regarding Armenians and Armenia. We need to win peoples hearts and this does not just apply for opposite sexes or certain age groups of certain social classes, this applies to MOST IF NOT EVERY OUTSIDER. We do not need anymore enemies or "haters"; I believe Turkey and Azerbaijan are enough.

Lastly, word of mouth spreads quick. Literally almost every person shares what they had experienced and or noticed that same day; Who they interacted with and what they liked and did not like about the situation or person. In my opinion, humans, have a lot of ego and like to discriminate. Let us Armenians not give them a chance or try to decrease the chances of others discriminating against our people and make new connections and friends instead. This is only a win/win situation from how I see it. Thank you.

Edited by HailArmenia301, 24 June 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi Hail, welcome to Hyeforum! :)

Setting good examples are always a good thing, every little bit helps when we present ourselves in a civilized manner. I hope you enjoy our forum and contribute. 

#3 HailArmenia301

HailArmenia301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Activist, Researching, Exercising, Spending time with loved ones, Enjoying life.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hi Hail, welcome to Hyeforum! :)

Setting good examples are always a good thing, every little bit helps when we present ourselves in a civilized manner. I hope you enjoy our forum and contribute. 

Hey, thanks for the reply; I agree! Also, the forum seems great; There are many topics to cover. I am glad I found it and I am glad to have such compassionate moderators as yourself.

#4 onjig

onjig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Greetings , Good to know you cousin. Can't argue with that logic,we, Armenians, have been using it as far as I know from the very start. We should and will do all that you describe and more. My Father did that all his life and encouraged me to do the same. I'm sure it was the same with your family.

Like the Holy Bible says: Preach at all times, when necessary use words. That's I think what you were saying by setting a good example.

You can trust that most Armenians will do so. We know also that the turk and azeri will be working, using falsehood and cash that also works to some extent. 

I'm sure you'll be a good influence on us here on the forum. It will be good to meet another member of our diverse family. 

• HailArmenia301 likes this

#5 HailArmenia301

HailArmenia301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Greetings , Good to know you cousin. Can't argue with that logic,we, Armenians, have been using it as far as I know from the very start. We should and will do all that you describe and more. My Father did that all his life and encouraged me to do the same. I'm sure it was the same with your family.

Like the Holy Bible says: Preach at all times, when necessary use words. That's I think what you were saying by setting a good example.

You can trust that most Armenians will do so. We know also that the turk and azeri will be working, using falsehood and cash that also works to some extent. 

I'm sure you'll be a good influence on us here on the forum. It will be good to meet another member of our diverse family. 

Hey Onjig, thank you very much for the kind words and nice to meet you too. I definitely know I am not the first to mention this theory, but I feel it is still important to remind our people the other path they can take, the more polite and genuine path.

Also, yes; I also noticed how many Armenian people are so nice and polite. Of course there are the not so nice ones, but that is inevitable. Yes, my parents thought me the virtues or respect and compassion just as yours. Thank you very much for understanding. Even if you had a different opinion I would also respect it and learn something out of it too. 

Edited by HailArmenia301, 24 June 2014 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users