• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone!

Can you please tell me how to get rid of Conduit program that has been somehow installed on my laptop? I'm using Firefox. I tried removing it from the Add-ons in the "Tools" but didn't work. It's still there, but no longer shows in the Add-ons!

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

Hi everyone!

Can you please tell me how to get rid of Conduit program that has been somehow installed on my laptop? I'm using Firefox. I tried removing it from the Add-ons in the "Tools" but didn't work. It's still there, but no longer shows in the Add-ons!

Go to your control panel and pick the programs, there you will see uninstall programs open it and find the program that you want to remove. Right click and pick unistall. If what you're looking it's not there then click Start at the bottom left side and open programs, find the file and again right click it will give you an uninstall option.
Please if you are not sure what you are doing ask someone that knows so that you do not remove the wrong files. :D
Good luck!!!! :P

#3 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Yervant :)

I followed what they advised here and removed all conduit associated stuff from Firefox. The toolbar is gone, but still to the right of "home" icon on Firefox (underneath "bookmarks") there's the "compare product prices" icon and "compare travel rates" icon. I don't remember if they were there originally as part of Firefox. Do you have it as well? Or could they be leftover from conduit?

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Yervant :)

I followed what they advised here and removed all conduit associated stuff from Firefox. The toolbar is gone, but still to the right of "home" icon on Firefox (underneath "bookmarks") there's the "compare product prices" icon and "compare travel rates" icon. I don't remember if they were there originally as part of Firefox. Do you have it as well? Or could they be leftover from conduit?

Anoushik Jan, usually these things come with the browser, sometimes it's tricky to remove them and often without damaging the file so it's best that you hide them and don't make them your default programs. If you right click the toolbar area the dialogue box will appear just uncheck the ones that you don't want or you can customize them by removing the icons from the list.

#5 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

OK, thanks Yervant jan, that makes sense. I'm actually pretty happy with the simplified toolbar I've been left with. I guess I'll just accept to live with those extra icons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users