#21 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 11 2007, 03:43 PM) View Post
Hi Armat; a little late, but better late than never.

I agree with Anoushik about your nice avatar.

Armat jan; I am a Christian and though I feel from what you're saying about the emptiness; but that's exactly why I have turned to God more so. I have also felt many times out of sorts and I still do every now and then, we all do. But prayers with belief and reading from the Bible and finding the truth from from it helped me. I am also a very artistic person and I appreciate the arts and culture, to have some common grounds with you; but I also find great many answers and fulfillments in God's words.

That's all I have to say really. It's up to you to take the path you want to take; but one day if you want to try something new and suddenly decide to pick up a Bible and read from it, you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Also with one of our members that doesn't post any more in here; I think you know him, Sassun believed in Buddhism as well.

I hope you'll find the truth whatever that may be for you sometime soon. smile.gif

Thanks for the Avatar just a random image wink.gif
I am glad it works for you(reading the Bible) but I can't even turn 1 page before total boredom sets in. biggrin.gif

#22 gmd

gmd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hi Armat, (I wonder if you are the same from the Topix forums). I empathize with your feelings. I am not far behind your age. I work to work and to support my family. Seems all I do is work and have no time for anything that is truly important. All the while it feels like time is running out. The naive energy and wonder of youth is slipping through my fingers. It is a rat race none of us can win. It is just a chace to get to the next point without knowing what it is I am even after anymore. What point is there in the unknown regardless of what it is when the hear and now is so elusive at times. If you find any answers, don't hold back, I know I could use a crutch.

good luck

#23 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(gmd @ Jan 11 2007, 04:15 PM) View Post
Hi Armat, (I wonder if you are the same from the Topix forums). I empathize with your feelings. I am not far behind your age. I work to work and to support my family. Seems all I do is work and have no time for anything that is truly important. All the while it feels like time is running out. The naive energy and wonder of youth is slipping through my fingers. It is a rat race none of us can win. It is just a chace to get to the next point without knowing what it is I am even after anymore. What point is there in the unknown regardless of what it is when the hear and now is so elusive at times. If you find any answers, don't hold back, I know I could use a crutch.

good luck

Hi GMD
I posted few weeks there only becouse I was curious about Turkish people and their attitudes but as you well know the discussion revolves around denying AG and an Armenian end up defending it so endless cycle.There is noone there worth wasting time with.About life...I hear you.I guess American lifestyle takes a toll on ones inner life.I seriously may end up living in Armenia at some point.Bad or good at least it will be my country.

#24 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Jan 11 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post
I am human and perhaps depressed now. I am listening lot of Khachaturian specially his violin and piano concertos now. It is very interesting that him alone I understand better then ever and identify with. What a powerhouse of a composer. Very underrated in Classic music colture but people who really understand music his works are dynamic, thoughtful, lyrical and melancholy like our history however his piano concertos have such dynamic hope that is amazing. Love Khachaturian.Forgive me of sidetracking the subject but I know you love music.

Dear Armat, I've missed your posts on Hyeforum. Maybe because the old gang of you, Sasun, Domino, Eve, Edward, etc. are not around so much anymore, or have stopped posting altogether, visiting the forum is not the same anymore. I think we used to have many meaningful discussions (and some silly ones too, I admit!).

Your comment about Khachaturian's music prompted me to listen to one of his works - "Nocturne" from Masquerade. It's gorgeous.

#25 gmd

gmd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Jan 11 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post
Hi GMD
I posted few weeks there only becouse I was curious about Turkish people and their attitudes but as you well know the discussion revolves around denying AG and an Armenian end up defending it so endless cycle.There is noone there worth wasting time with.About life...I hear you.I guess American lifestyle takes a toll on ones inner life.I seriously may end up living in Armenia at some point.Bad or good at least it will be my country.

I have not been back to Armenia since before independence. I am planning a trip this year, hopefuly summer. It has been too long. I miss my relatives and I need to see my homeland. I am sure I have a romanticized view of the homeland. Despite all that I read about corruption etc, I still want to believe the best about our people. I'll have to see for myself.

Good luck enker, no matter what, remember life is a journey and an adventure. It is the same old thing that gets us down.

#26 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Պահանջքը, պէտքը, ստեղծագործութեան մայրն է: Մարդիկ պէտք զգացին կրօններու եւ ստեղծեցին զայն՝ իրենց պահանջներուն համեմատ: Առաջին դաւանագիրները (գաղափարախօս) հնարեցին դրախտի եւ դժոխքի առասպելները, որպէսզի մարդկութիւնը կրթեն: Մարդիկ մտածեցին եւ անընդունելի նկատեցին թէ՝ «այսքան կեանք, այսքան խինդ ու ծիծաղ, այսքան յուշ, ցաւ ու վիշտ, այսքան աշխատանք եւ յարաբերութիւն (ընտանեկան, բարեկամական) պիտի թողնենք ու երթա՞նք առյաւէտ, մեր հետ տանելով այդ ամէնը: Չէ չի կրնար ըլլալ, որ կեանքն այսքան անխիղճ է: Չէ ոչ, երկրաւոր կեանքէն վէրջ երկնային կեանքը կայ, որտեղ արդարները՝ դրախտ, անիրաւները՝ դժոխք կ'երթան: Դրախտի մէջ կը վերագտնենք մեր սիրելիները եւ մեր յուշերը» եւայլն:

Չեմ գիտեր: Աստուած մեր մէջ է: Դրախտն ու դժոխքը այստեղ է: Արփայի ըսածի պէս.«մեր զաւակներու ընդմէջէն կը շարունակուի մեր կեանքը»: Այս է գաղտնիքը, պապ ու թոռնիկի միջեւ աննկարագրելի սիրոյ եւ հարազատութեան: Երանի այն մարդուն, զոր կը վայելէ իր թոռնիկի ընկերութիւնը: Երանի այն երեխային, որ կը վայելէ գուրգուրանքը՝ պապ ու տատիկի:

#27 _femme333_

_femme333_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:28 PM

Maybe you need to get married and have kids?
Perhaps that's one thing that might fulfill your life.

Ignore the post if you're already married and have children.

#28 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(_femme333_ @ Oct 22 2007, 12:28 PM)
Maybe you need to get married and have kids?
Perhaps that's one thing that might fulfill your life.

Ignore the post if you're already married and have children.

I did something at work which I should of had done and I came home saying to myself "please God let me not get fired" h@? ohmy.gif
Now that's coming from an atheist.
Weird ,very weird.I came close to dying twice in accidents and both times I also prayed for my life.Pathetic! There is something wrong here.One can't be an athist and remember God in crises or maybe its normal?Like last resort,hope etc.YeahYeahYeah but I could of prayed in front of my bicycle but didn't.
Sometimes we ourselves don't even know the answers.I simply don't know and can't explain my experiences of praying in crises.

#29 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Oct 25 2007, 09:35 PM)
I did something at work which I should of had done and I came home saying to myself "please God let me not get fired" h@? ohmy.gif
Weird ,very weird.I came close to dying twice in accidents and both times I also prayed for my life.Pathetic! There is something wrong here.One can't be an athist and remember God in crises or maybe its normal?Like last resort,hope etc.YeahYeahYeah but I could of prayed in front of my bicycle but didn't.
Sometimes we ourselves don't even know the answers.I simply don't know and can't explain my experiences of praying in crises.

Very interesting indeed. Maybe it is instinctual, involuntary..maybe faith is built in..like your body's defense mechanism. Maybe God is inside us no matter how much we want to deny him.

Or maybe I am totally off. I am still debating all this myself. And yet I find that prayer is never missing from my lips.... and.... "shnorhakal em Astvats" is my waking thought and last sentence uttered before sleep.

#30 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Em124 @ Oct 26 2007, 04:00 PM)
Very interesting indeed. Maybe it is instinctual, involuntary..maybe faith is built in..like your body's defense mechanism. Maybe God is inside us no matter how much we want to deny him.

Or maybe I am totally off. I am still debating all this myself. And yet I find that prayer is never missing from my lips.... and.... "shnorhakal em Astvats" is my waking thought and last sentence uttered before sleep.

That is beautiful

#31 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(Em124 @ Oct 26 2007, 02:00 AM)

That is very nice and beautiful!!!! smile.gif

I find myself praying every day much more so ever since I became a mother. After all, most of us grew up to be well thanks to our Armenian mothers' prayers! smile.gif

#32 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Oct 26 2007, 12:35 AM)

Don't know for certain, but I've read that frequently in the case of dying soldiers, they either cry to god or their mother. I think it's probably some sort of innate reaction. Perfectly normal Armat jan... smile.gif

#33 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(vava @ Oct 29 2007, 01:17 PM)
Don't know for certain, but I've read that frequently in the case of dying soldiers, they either cry to god or their mother. I think it's probably some sort of innate reaction. Perfectly normal Armat jan... smile.gif

Agreed. It is learned behaviour - learned from peers, from the media, family, you name it.

#34 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

When my life is in danger, I am a lot more likely to say "Oh Sh!t" than "Oh God". Does this mean I have faith in Sh!t?

#35 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

By the way, the best strategy that I have seen in such situations was displayed by none other than my hero, Homer Simpson. As you may recall, when facing certain death when being charged at by a huge rhino, his immediate reaction was to scream:

"Jesus, Allah, Buddha, I love you all." lol.gif

#36 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(vava @ Oct 29 2007, 09:17 AM)

It is an interesting human behavior, crying to the percieved suprem autority of all for the person, for the soldier, in his subconsciousness (from childhood) the mother or god.

Anyway, this interesting thread was left to die.

Is there a god? Yes, no? or else?

Fascinating that we humans can't even understand our universe in full, but yet places a judgement on the existance or non-existance of its possible creator.

The universe is so magical, extraordinary and has impressed us always and still does on the way it exist also going higher than our expectations. Who us simple idiots with under 2 kg of brain mass think that the universe is so simple as yes or no's in foundamental questions such as a god, dead, bith, life and no matter what. The universe way will always beat our highest expectations with no idiotics and simplistic answers such a dumb yes or no.

I wonder with all the travels Sip did, once was he compleatly out of civilisation and out from light pollution to whatch the sky and see our galaxy so bright and wonder what evolutionary advantages could there be for our mystical fascination for anything beyond Earth.

Edited by Domino, 03 November 2007 - 10:29 PM.

#37 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Domino @ Nov 3 2007, 09:54 PM)
It is an interesting human behavior, crying to the percieved suprem autority of all for the person, for the soldier, in his subconsciousness (from childhood) the mother or god.

Anyway, this interesting thread was left to die.

Is there a god? Yes, no? or else?

Fascinating that we humans can't even understand our universe in full, but yet places a judgement on the existance or non-existance of its possible creator.

The universe is so magical, extraordinary and has impressed us always and still does on the way it exist also going higher than our expectations. Who us simple idiots with under 2 kg of brain mass think that the universe is so simple as yes or no's in foundamental questions such as a god, dead, bith, life and no matter what. The universe way will always beat our highest expectations with no idiotics and simplistic answers such a dumb yes or no.

I wonder with all the travels Sip did, once was he completely out of civilization and out from light pollution to whatch the sky and see our galaxy so bright and wonder what evolutionary advantages could there be for our mystical fascination for anything beyond Earth.

Do I think God Exist?NO
I find it almost laughable the whole Adam/Eve story.When a earthquake happens,innocent get slaughter,kids getting cancer where is GOD?If God created people he/she/it did a horrible job.Too many defects.One can argue those defects were in place for a reason but I am not buying.
God is a creation for our ultra ego and nothing else.

#38 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Nov 4 2007, 11:14 AM)
Do I think God Exist?NO
I find it almost laughable the whole Adam/Eve story.When a earthquake happens,innocent get slaughter,kids getting cancer where is GOD?If God created people he/she/it did a horrible job.Too many defects.One can argue those defects were in place for a reason but I am not buying.

If I none believer is meant to go hell then be it at least I will kick the crap out of Kemals,Envers and Talats

#39 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:38 AM

You might want to see the video in this thread

http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=16984

#40 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Armat @ Nov 4 2007, 11:14 AM)
Do I think God Exist?NO

You are an artist, you paint, can you produce on your canvas something which is not comming from you? What I mean is that if good and bad are universal concepts, can bad come from something which is only good? Take a clean tissue can it have dirt on it if you put it in a clean water?

If a god having creating everything is true, that god is not all good, so innocents getting killed, kids getting cancer could be understood in the perspective of an imperfect god. A god could have very well created the system and not bother much of it, or could even be dead by now.

We can start hypothetising, the possibilities exist, and it is reasonable to think that under the circumstances taking a position would be taking the wrong move. Have you ever watched the sky in a compleat darkness far from cities light? This fascination, this mystical sensation, this state of mind can not be explained by evolutionary behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users