Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

BORDER CROSSINGS
The latest buzz around town.
Many stories similar to the one below about impoverished and desperate villages at the borderlines.
Some use the phrase “RE-opening”. huh.gif
The Artskah saga was a dream come true to those canines, when they promptly RE-sealed it.
“RE-opening”? huh.gif
I recently read somewhere that the border was never open, not only since 1945 when the “ïron curtain” came down but much before that. The only time the border was open, if you will was in May 21-29 , 1918 during the attack on Sardarapat and Vanadzor in an attempt to remove all the obstacles between ankara and baku.
And now, they are saying that the border will not open until and unless all the Ts are crossed and the Is dotted, to once again sign at the “dotted line” just as we did at the so called Treaty of Kars and other such comedy sessions.
Note that the village of Margara is only a few km from Ejmiatsin/Vagharshapat. Many of us have often been to Ejmiatsin and Khor Virap/Artashat, how many have been to places like Margara?
What if, some day, the villagers like Margara, in desperation decide to secede from the territory of Yerevan and join the territory of Igdir and Agori? Of course, they will have to divert the only obstacle the Araks River.
http://www.armeniano...i...231&lng=eng
(April 17, 2009)
Thoughts near Ararat: Geopolitics as seen by residents of a borderline village
By Karine Ionesyan
ArmeniaNow reporter
Published: 17 April, 2009
A full-flowing river, valleys of various shades, a poplar tree, a famous bird standing on one leg – the stork, and, of course, biblical Mount Ararat in the image of the Sleeping Beauty.

This is how Western Armenia usually looks on the canvases of Armenian artists. And the villagers of Margara witness the reality depicted on those canvases every day, but the happiness of enjoying the scenery is given only to the characters in the painting – the storks. This is where Armenia and modern Turkey are divided by a 268-kilometer border that has remained closed since the 1930s (in 1991-1993 the border was briefly opened for trade). First it was where the Iron Curtain ran during the Cold War era separating Soviet Armenia and NATO-allied Turkey. But since the break-up of the USSR and Armenia’s independence Turkey has made the opening of the border conditional on the resolution of the long-running Nagorno-Karabakh dispute. Turkey insists on a settlement that would favor its ethnic ally Azerbaijan as well as the end of the worldwide Armenian push for the recognition by the world’s governments of the World War I-era killings of 1.5 million Armenians in Ottoman Turkey as genocide – something that the successive Turkish governments have vigorously denied for decades.

In the recent period, Armenian-Turkish political relations have undergone new developments.

Conversations around this topic of opening the Armenian-Turkish border began to circulate in the village of Margara, in Armavir province – some 40 kilometers southwest of Yervan – as this is the only village that has a possibility of an immediate borderline connection to Turkey – a concrete bridge – over the river.

Most of the 1,500 residents of the village believe that after the opening of the border they would see improvement in their lives.

“I get a pension of 42,000 dram (about $110), but I have six children with their families, none of whom works,” says 75-year-old resident Kostan Philiposyan. “The border will be opened, trade will develop, the price of land will increase, tourists will come, and our folks will have jobs.”

Should the border open, Kostan says his first steps would be to go see his mother’s birthplace in Igdir, the town closest to Margara – about 18 kilometers away.The elderly man tells with tears in his eyes that his mother lost almost all her relatives at age 16. “My grandfather had said to my mother and uncle that he was going back for their relatives. He marked a stone with red to be able to find the way back afterwards, but he never came back. So, only my mother and brother were saved thanks to the bridge leading to Margara, which was made of wood then.”

Kostan says that the opening of the border does not mean that they are forgetting everything and forgiving the Turks, nor are they ready to return Karabakh’s lands, “even if the authorities decide so, the people will oppose it, as we had shed blood there.”

In any case, the villager says he is ready to accept Turks as neighbors. “My father died during World War II in Germany, does that mean we must not communicate with Germans?”

Kostan wishes for the Margara bridge to be opened as it was opened once in the 1993, when 4,000 tons of wheat were brought to Armenia from Greece (via Turkey). But for 20 years conversations on opening it have led to stalemate.

“When the Armenia-Turkey soccer game took place, we thought the fans would come through Margara, but that did not happen. If they want to open it now, they must start construction work on the roads already. They haven’t started yet, therefore I don’t believe the border will be opened. They may open it near Gyumri, as there’s a railway there, but here? – I don’t know,” says Hayk Aramyan, who has been headmaster of a local school for 16 years.

Aramyan says the 200 children studying at school are also excited by the speculations about opening the border – according to him, the young generation understands well what is profitable for today. “Once in 1994, Turkish businessmen came to Armenia. They decided to take a walk around Armenian markets as well, after which they said that if the border was opened, the prices of the goods imported from Turkey would be twice as cheap.”

It is mostly Kurds who reside on the Turkish side of the borderline regions, with whom Turks often have disagreements. Aramyan wishes for the border to open, but he has one concern, “if it is opened, the Kurds will also get rich, and I don’t think Turks need that.”

The school headmaster doesn’t think there can be contradictions between Turks and Armenians. He says that during so many years he has been cautious, but also on some occasions happened to share both food and drink with Turks.

Margara village has only 300 hectares of farmland, of which 200 hectares are in the monitored zone. Every year, village residents get special permits from locally stationed Russian border troops to get access to their farmland across the barbed wire.

Head of the rural administration Khachik Asatryan says that no extraordinary cases of border conflict were registered during these years.

Asatryan has no answer to the question whether the border will eventually be opened or will remain closed. He says he is “too small a person” to make conclusions. “But if the President of the country makes such statements, that’s probably how it’s going to be.”

No matter, he says he will continue to look at Ararat every day, even at night, with his children, telling them about the historical lands of Western Armenia and the Genocide, as his parents once told him, and as their parents had once told them.

© Copyright ArmeniaNow.com 2002-2008. All rights reserved.
Articles may be reproduced, provided ArmeniaNow.com is cited as the source

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

Margara
http://hetq.am/en/ca...story/?album=10
And more msn-cry.gif
http://hetq.am/en/ca...b...0&photo=112

Edited by Arpa, 21 April 2009 - 07:45 AM.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

Yet, another border crossing.
Note the mosque/minaret in the background.
http://www.reporter....pen-to-visitors

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

TURKISH MEDIA ALREADY NAMED THE FIRST TURKISH AMBASSADOR TO ARMENIA

PanARMENIAN.Net
27.04.2009 17:29 GMT+04:00

Turkish Tumgazeteler daily published the name of the first Turkish
Ambassador to Armenia. Ertan Tezgor will be accredited as Turkish
ambassador to Armenia, Tumgazeteler said.

Commenting on the information, RA MFA Press Service Head Tigran Balayan
told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter, "Counties without diplomatic relations
can't appoint ambassadors."

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=101176

#6 Z'areh

Z'areh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Apr 28 2009, 04:46 PM)

This only demonstrates how "professional" the Azeri journalists are. It is entirely possible that the Georgia's Turkish envoy will be assigned to the Armenian dossier. But at this point this can be only considered as a speculation. The "might be" is the same as "it is" for these "journalists". Nothing new there.

As long as there is no official declaration of establishment of diplomatic relations there is no point in talking about who is going to be appointed as ambassador.

I suspect that Turkey is going to cherish in its self-described roll of the "boss" of the region, and I speculate that they are looking forward to further humiliating Armenia by only partially opening the border (if ever, perhaps once a month, as was reported in the Turkish media) and not even bother with an appointment of an ambassador but let a secondary councilor in Georgia or in Russia occupy with the affairs of "the Armenians" (in their minds the giavours).

If they could get away with it, I believe they would.

Edited by Z'areh, 28 April 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

http://hetq.am/en/po...enrik-garukyan/
Artsist Garoukyan Cites Cultural Dangers of Border Opening
[ 2009/05/02 | 14:23 ] culture politics
Kristine Aghalaryan
Commenting on the state of Armenian-Turkish relations, painter Henrik Garoukyan stated at a press conference held today that, “Culture is a greater weapon than an actual weapon itself. Spiritual decimation is much more dangerous.”
Mr. Garoukyan believes that with the opening of the border the genocidal policy of the Turks regarding Armenians can become real. He said that while the politicians are doing their work, artists must also confront the issue of Armenian-Turkish relations from their own perspective.
“Yes, we are neighbors and have many desirable and undesirable things in common. But the opening of the border is very dangerous for us. We have already accepted European values and our young generations have been reared on them. We continue to interact with European art, the theater. Now we are confronting something that is quite dangerous,” Mr. Garoukyan stated.
In his assessment the opening of the border signifies going towards Turkey. “The Turks are going towards Europe and for some unknown reason we want to go towards Turkey,” states Mr. Garoukyan, adding that, “even without an open border we are listening to that music and are seeing the influx of some artistic elements.”
In the field of painting, according to Mr. Garoukyan, the Turks are taking some baby steps but still have a long way to go to catch up with Armenians. “But I am scared that the routine and easily understandable has been more accessible and the threat exists that what is easily digestible will be gobbled up by the Armenian public,” he commented.
Mr. Garoukyan sees this as a big game that has just started, without one soldier being exchanged, and the Armenians are already jumping to conclusions as to how it will all end. Comparing Armenian-Turkish relations to a game of chess, he added that Armenians tend to believe that the whole world is concerned about them, but that in reality, Armenia is the only one sitting in front of the chess board and that it “must play this international game alone”.
========
April 02, 2009
Turkish Radio Station Launches Armenian-Language Programs
ISTANBUL -- A Turkish radio station has launched Armenian-language broadcasts, airing 30-minute programs every morning and evening, RFE/RL's correspondent in Istanbul reports.

A spokesman for Turkey's TGRT TV and radio corporation, Mehmet Soyal, told journalists that the Armenian programs are intended to help to develop cultural dialogue between Turkey and Armenia, and will be available around the clock in the future.

One of the initiators of the Armenian-language broadcasts was Hrant Dink, a well-known Turkish journalist of Armenian origin and the editor of the bi-lingual newspaper "Agos." Dink was killed by Turkish nationalists in 2007.

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty © 2009 RFE/RL, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

#8 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

So opening the borders would bring about a sort of cultural genocide? Armenians in Armenia have embraced "European" values? What could be further from the truth? Perhaps we should also restablish censorship on TV, the Internet and all other forms of communication and only leave the country open for the civilized cultural expressions of Europe. Armenian xenophobia, and particularly the way it was described can only be categorized as a joke. Why should we fear the big ugly Turk?

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

huh.gif Kirk Kerkorian looking to invest in furkey?
According to the following from AZG, which is a second hand information from furkish sources, some furkish business people have met with Kirk and urged him to invest in what they call eastern and south eastern furkey , which to us is Western Armenia. And that he has agreed to build hotels there, since many Armenians visit what they call Elazig-Kharberd, Arabkir, Malatia and Aghri-Akori, Aghuri, and that there are no modern facilities there.
-----
My opinion. There are many Modern Facilities in Yerevan. Those Armenians who wish to visit those places, not me, can always stay at the modern hotels in Yerevan. Even those Ark-nuts.
http://www.azgdaily.com/AR/2009050617
ՔԸՐՔՈՐՅԱՆԸ ՊԱՏՐԱՍՏՎՈՒՄ Է ՆԵՐԴՐՈՒՄՆԵՐ ԿԱՏԱՐԵԼ ԹՈՒՐՔԻԱՅՈՒՄ?
Ամերիկահայ միլիարդատեր Քըրք Քըրքորյանը պատրաստվում է խոշոր ներդրումներ կատարել Թուրքիայում, հատկապես հյուրանոցային բիզնեսի ոլորտում: Այս մասին, ինչպես գրում է թուրքական «Սթար» թերթը, հայտարարել է Հայ-թուրքական գործարար խորհրդի համանախագահ Քաան Սոյաքը: Ըստ Սոյաքի, իրենք Միացյալ Նահանգներում հանդիպում են ունեցել Քըրք Քըրքորյանի հետ, որի ժամանակ էլ հայ միլիարդատերը որոշում է կայացրել ներդրումներ կատարելու մասին: Սոյաքի խոսքերով, հիմնական ներդրումները կլինեն Թուրքիայի արեւելյան եւ հարավ-արեւելյան շրջաններում: «Հայերը շատ հաճախ են այցելում Էլազըգ, Արաբկիր, Մալաթիա, Վան եւ Աղրը: Այդ վայրերում հյուրանոցներ չկան», նշել է Հայ-թուրքական գործարար խորհրդի թուրք համանախագահը` ավելացնելով, որ հայ գործարարները, ընդհանուր առմամբ, ուզում են ներդրումներ կատարել Թուրքիայում, հաղորդում է «Նոյյան տապանը»:

#10 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Not to forget this thread- http://hyeforum.com/...5452&hl=akdamar
Border “Crossing”? Emphasis on “crossing”. Also swords "crossing" starwars.gif
And the Monster of Van tongue.gif .
----
A friend from Yerevan just sent me the following brand new News Site- news.am. Check it out.
http://news.am/en/news/1556.html
Turkey’s amazing insight: State Minister discovered Turkish nationalism and extremism in Van Monster
16:06 / 07/27/2009

Turkey’s State Minister Egemen Bagis visiting Eastern regions of Turkey made an amazing statement – to reopen and raise a cross on St. Khach church on Akhtamar island before RA President Serzh Sargsyan’s arrival, Hurriyet reports.
Egemen Bagis on his way from Akhtamar island asked Mayor of Van Gevaş Nazmi Sezer: “What if we reopen Akhtamar church for service?”
Mayor Gevaş replied: “Mister Minister, it would be great, and to put up a cross too… But wouldn’t it incite a counteraction?”
Bagis responded: “What counteraction are you talking about? On the contrary, it will boost tourism. People all over the world sending me inquires on Akhtamar church reopening. And all those on board say the same. For 10 hours that I am traveling around the territory, everyone I meet says the same. Once in Athens I saw a locked mosque and felt bitterness. Same with Akhtamar. How deplorable, isn’t it? Isn’t Akhtamar a part of history? Mosques are being open in Europe as prayer houses, and it is normal. Then, why Akhtamar is under a ban? What does it mean – to close Armenian borders and forbid Kurdish? Well, Greeks are bad too, this is prohibited, that is not allowed.
For many years we have lived in a nightmare: ‘Communism regime – close the Soviet border; fundamentalism – close Iranian border; terrorism – mine Syrian border; Armenian demands – close the Armenian border.’ Where this path leads to? This is the way to national isolation. And here and now I realize how terribly the nation destroys its history and heritage. I think I discovered the long-chased Monster of Lake Van. We ourselves are this imaginary monster – as for many years we have been severely obliterate our freedom, faith, wealth and history.
President of Turkey Abdullah Gul initiated a crucial process. We have visited Armenia with national football team. And now Armenian President arrives in Turkey. I propose to reopen the church and put up a cross before his arrival. Is it a worship to another God? No, by doing so, we acknowledge world and religious liberty. Eventually, under Ottoman Empire Akhtamar church diocese requested the sultan to open a seminary and got consent. The priests engraved a gratitude note on the church. I saw it inside the church and was astonished by the power, grandeur and wealth and intrepidity of the state. Don’t we learn lessons of Ottoman Empire’s history? Are we that much afraid?”
These were the words of Egemen Bagis, Turkish Minister of State.

The story also appears in AZG.

AZG Daily #141, 07/29/2009

Անցուդարձ
ԹՈՒՐՔ ՀԵՂԻՆԱԿԸ ԱՌԱՋԱՐԿՈՒՄ Է ԱՐԱՐՈՂՈՒԹՅԱՆ ՀԱՄԱՐ ԲԱՑԵԼ ԱՂԹԱՄԱՐԻ ԵԿԵՂԵՑԻՆ
Այն հաշվարկով, որ առաջարկը ծառայի ՀՀ նախագահի այցին, իսկ այցը` Թուրքիայի շահերին
ՀԱԿՈԲ ՉԱՔՐՅԱՆ
Հուլիսի 17-ին «Թուրքիան նախապատրաստվում է Հայաստանի հետ ֆուտբոլային հանդիպմանը» վերնագրով «Ազգը» նշել էր, որ եթե դա անցկացվի Կեսարիայում, ապա քաղաքի վերանորոգված մարզադաշտը կբացվի այդ հանդիպումով: Քանի որ Հայաստանի եւ Թուրքիայի ազգային հավաքականների հոկտեմբերի 14-ին նշանակված պատասխան հանդիպումը տեղափոխվել է Բուրսա, մարզադաշտի բացումը կկատարվի սեպտեմբերի 5-ին, երբ թուրքերը կհյուրընկալեն էստոնացիներին:
Կարեւորը տվյալ դեպքում Կեսարիայի մարզադաշտը չէ, այլ Հայաստանի ազգային հավաքականի հետ պատասխան հանդիպման նախապատրաստությունները Թուրքիայում: Հանդիպումը իր թուրք պաշտոնակից Աբդուլլահ Գյուլի հետ դիտելու համար ՀՀ նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանը Թուրքիա կմեկնի՞, թե՞ ոչ, դժվար է կռահելը, պարզապես գիտենք, որ նա հրավերն արդեն ստացել է: Թեեւ դա հիմք չի տալիս ենթադրելու, որ նախագահ Սարգսյանի մեկնումը կնպաստի որեւէ հարցի լուծմանը Թուրքիայի հետ հարաբերություններում, սակայն նախագահ Գյուլն արձագանքել էր նրա հրավերին:
Հետեւաբար, որեւէ պատճառով չմեկնելու դեպքում ՀՀ նախագահը կհայտնվի դիվանագիտական քաղաքավարությունը խախտողի դերում: Դա առիթ կտա Թուրքիային, որ միջազգային ասպարեզում մերժումը շահարկի եւ մերժման արարքն ի լուր աշխարհի պայմանավորի «հայ-թուրքական երկխոսության, տարածաշրջանում խաղաղության եւ կայունության» նկատմամբ Հայաստանի «անհաշտ» դիրքորոշումով:
Ամենայն հավանականությամբ միջազգային ուժերը տուրք կտան թուրքական շահարկումներին եւ անկախության առաջին իսկ օրից Թուրքիայի թշնամության թիրախը դարձած Հայաստանն ինքը կստանձնի ընդգծված «հակաթուրքական» քաղաքականություն ծավալողի դերը: Ակնհայտ է, որ Թուրքիան ՀՀ նախագահի հյուրընկալությունը նույնպես ծառայեցնելու է սեփական շահերին, թե «բարեկամաբար է վերաբերվում Հայաստանին»:
Սակայն դրանով սահմանափակվելու են հայկական կողմին «հակաթուրքական» քաղաքականության մեջ մեղադրելու եւ վերջինի «անհաշտ» դիրքորոշումն աշխարհով մեկ մատնացույց անելու, ինչպես նաեւ Հայաստանին խնդրահարույց պետություն դարձնելու Թուրքիայի հնարավորությունները:
Ինչ վերաբերում է Հայաստանի հետ սահմանների բացմանը, ապա առանց դիվանագիտական հարաբերությունների հաստատման Թուրքիան հեշտությամբ կարող է փակել դրանք, եթե բացած լինի մինչեւ նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի այցը: Այլ կերպ, առաջնայինը սահմանները չեն, այլ դիվանագիտական հարաբերությունները, ինչպես նաեւ միջազգային իրավունքի նորմերը, որոնք Հայաստանի նկատմամբ Թուրքիայի որդեգրած քաղաքականությամբ շարունակաբար ոտնահարվում են:
Թերեւս նախագահ Գյուլի հրավերի ընդունման եւ մերժման հետեւանքների տեսանկյունից պետք է գնահատել Թուրքիայի նախապատրաստությունը Հայաստանի հետ ֆուտբոլային պատասխան հանդիպմանը: Նախապատրաստության առումով հատկանշական է Ֆաթիհ Չեքիրգեի «Վանա լճի հրեշին գտել եմ» վերնագրով «Հյուրիեթի» հուլիսի 27-ի համարում հրապարակված հոդվածը, որի կրճատ տարբերակը ներկայացնում ենք ստորեւ.
«Երբ վերադառնում էինք Աղթամար կղզուց, որտեղ գտնվում է հայկական հնագույն եկեղեցին (Սբ Խաչ), Վանա լճի վրա լաստանավում պետնախարար Էգեմեն Բաղըշը, դիմելով Գեւաշի (Վանի արվարձաններից է) քաղաքապետ Նազմի Սեզերին` հարցրեց. «Ի՞նչ կլինի, եթե շարունակենք այս եկեղեցու վերանորոգումն ու արարողության համար նույնպես բացենք»: Սեզերը պատասխանեց. «Հոյակապ կլինի, մեծարգո նախարար: Անհրաժեշտ է նաեւ խաչը տեղադրել»: Հետո ես միջամտեցի. «Հակազդեցություն առաջ չի՞ բերի»: «Ինչո՞ւ պետք է բերի... Զբոսաշրջությունը թափ կստանա: Օրական տասնյակ ֆաքսեր եմ ստանում աշխարհի տարբեր ծայրերից, պահանջում են, որ Աղթամարի եկեղեցին բացվի նաեւ արարողության համար»:
Տախտակամածում գտնվող յուրաքանչյուր ոք հաստատեց Սեզերին: Բոլորը նույնն ասացին նաեւ Վանում` Վանի նահանգապետ Մունիր Կարալօղլուն, նահանգապետարանի մշակույթի վարչության պետը, քաղաքի ոստիկանները նույնպես, բնակչությունը` առավել եւս: Սակայն Աղթամարի եկեղեցին անբարեկարգ վիճակում է... թափթփված, պատերին քանդակված աննման ֆիգուրներն ու նախշերը` անտեր: Արգելել են խաչի տեղադրումը: Ծիսակատարությունների համար փակ է: Վանն աշխարհի ուրարտական մշակույթի նմուշներ պարունակող եզակի կենտրոնն է: Այստեղ կա ուղիղ 60 հազար արձանագրություն, որոնցից հազարը միայն, այն էլ անմխիթար վիճակում, ցուցադրվում է թանգարանում: Մնացածը պահեստում է փտում: Այսպիսով սպառվում է աշխարհում ուրարտական մշակույթի անսպառ աղբյուրը:
Հանկարծ Էգեմեն Բաղըշը ասում է. «Աթենքում մզկիթ էի տեսել, դուռը շղթայված: Սիրտս մղկտաց: Տեսնելով Աղթամարի եկեղեցին, նույն զգացումն ունեցա, սիրտս նորից մղկտաց»: Ցավալի է, չէ՞: Մինչդեռ Աղթամարը եւ բազմաթիվ այլ եկեղեցիներ այս երկրի հարստությունն են: Երբ Եվրոպայում մզկիթները բացում են նամազի համար, բա՞ն է պատահում: Այդ դեպքում ո՞րն է արգելելու իմաստը: Ի՞նչ խայտառակություն է քրդերենն արգելելը, հայկական եկեղեցին փակելը, Հայաստանի սահմանը` նմանապես... Հույներն արդեն վատն են... արգելել... թույլ չտալ: Մի՞թե տարիներ շարունակ սարսափի ֆիլմերում չենք ապրում: Շատ բարի, մենք ո՞ւր ենք հասնելու փշալարերի այս տրամաբանությամբ: Ես Վանա լճում տեսա, թե մի ամբողջ ազգ գազանաբար ինչպես է ոչնչացնում իր պատմությունն ու հարստությունը: Հենց այնտեղ էլ գտա Վանա լճի այն հրեշին, որին տարիներ շարունակ փնտրում էին:
Նախագահ Գյուլը կարեւոր գործընթացի սկիզբն է դրել... Հիմա Հայաստանի նախագահ Տեր-Պետրոսյանն (Սերժ Սարգսյանին նրա հետ է շփոթում) է գալու Թուրքիա... Առաջարկում եմ նախքան Տեր-Պետրոսյանի Թուրքիա գալը արարողության համար բացեք Աղթամար եկեղեցին եւ տեղադրենք նրա պատմական խաչը: Դրանով մի՞թե կծառայենք մեկ այլ Աստծո: Ոչ, դրանով մենք կծառայենք մարդկությանը, խաղաղությանը, խղճի ազատությանը: Չէ՞ որ օսմանյան սուլթանը, արձագանքելով դիմումին, թույլատրել է հոգեւոր ճեմարան բացել Աղթամարում, իսկ հոգեւորականները եկեղեցու պատում փորած արձանագրությամբ երախտագիտություն են հայտնել: Երեկ այդ արձանագրությունը ցույց տվեցին ինձ»:
Որքան էլ ուշացած լինի Ֆաթիհ Չեքիրգեի առաջարկը, այնուամենայնիվ, ողջունելի է, եթե իհարկե, անկեղծությամբ է արված, որովհետեւ նա հայանպաստ հոդվածներով առ այսօր աչքի չէր ընկել: Ինչ վերաբերում է նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի անունը շփոթելուն, ապա դա ոչ միայն լրագրողական էթիկայի անթույլատրելի խախտում է, այլեւ դիվանագիտական քաղաքավարության կոպիտ ոտնահարում, այն առումով, որ «Հյուրիեթի» հեղինակ Չեքիրգեն պաշտոնաթող դեսպան է նաեւ:

Edited by ArpA, 28 July 2009 - 03:04 PM.

#11 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Finally they are realizing that, they killed the goose that laid the golden egg.
Show me the beef! Actions speak louder than words. I will believe when I see it continued on large scale nationwide, but who are we kidding? They will come forward one step and go back ten.

#12 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Jul 28 2009, 10:09 PM)
Finally they are realizing that, they killed the goose that laid the golden egg.
Show me the beef! Actions speak louder than words. I will believe when I see it continued on large scale nationwide, but who are we kidding? They will come forward one step and go back ten.

Yes, Yervant. Whatver happened to "football diplomacy"". You mean "they have the foot to hit us in the 'ball'" Ouch! We have not heard anything but "FOUL" since. Reminds the days when in Aleppo Vaspourakan and Homenetmen would be the football/soccer finalists, the chant from the stands would be "Hit! Let me hear bones crushing/զարկ ոսկորի ձայն լսեմ". We have not heard about "border openings" since April 22, 2009 when we were made believe that it would happen in the next hour, until they bamboozled O'Bamia to chew and vomit his "bamia"words. And we, like fools, ate all that vomit "bamia, dolma, sarma, basturma and pilav", and all that dlectable qaqa- "furkish delight".

Edited by ArpA, 28 July 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#13 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

It is very obvious that they are trying to save face for renegging on their promise.

TURKEY'S ANTI-ARMENIAN DEVILISH IDEOLOGY CHRONIC

/PanARMENIAN.Net/
29.07.2009 10:42 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The statement made by Armenian President Serzh
Sargsyan is a serious and responsible diplomatic move, an expert said.

"The Armenian leader delivered a clear message that his visit to the
neighbor country will take place only if the border is open or on the
threshold of lifting the blockade. This proves Armenian-Turkish talks
have reached a deadlock," David Davtyan, expert at ANALITIKA.at.ua
information center, told PanARMENIAN.Net.

President Sargsyan's statement cannot be viewed as a condition,
according to him. "It's a test for the Turkish side, which avoids
fulfilling agreements reached earlier. Armenian President's presence
at the return match will legalize the sham of reconciliation. Now, the
Turkish government has fallen into its own trap.
It will either have to
open the border and lose Baku's credit or to confess to unwillingness
to normalize relations with Armenia, thus proving Turkish authorities'
impotence to resolve problems in a civilized way," Davtyan said.

"Turkey's anti-Armenian devilish ideology is chronic. The promise
to inaugurate a cross of the Armenian church on Akhtamar island is
nothing but populism," he said.

"Another problem is the incapacity if Armenian Patriarch Mesrob
Mutafyan. New election is inevitable and it appears as a real puzzle
for Ankara. The trouble is Turkey's "democratic laws" which allow
Turkish citizens or natives only to be elected Patriarch. Under
the circumstances, the Armenian community tends to have a spiritual
leader who could be less dependent on the government. Blocking of
independent candidates will prove Turkey's anti-Armenian policy,
making its leader a victim of their own crafty designs," Davtyan said.

"Moreover, Yerevan will show Ankara a red card if Armenian footballers
do not go to Turkey at all," he concluded.

#14 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Jul 29 2009, 02:14 PM)
It is very obvious that they are trying to save face for renegging on their promise.

Yes, once again review the dating of that so called "border opening". It was meticulously orcheսtrated and announced exactly "40 hours/ ՔԱՌՍՈՒՆ Ժամ before April 24.
The phrase “Football Diplomacy” has become a common household cliché.
Please be advised that I was the first to use that Cliché anywhere and anytime. Search and find that nobody, no one used that phrase before….
http://hyeforum.com/...amp;hl=football
I should have registered it and patented as a trademark. Imagine how rich I would be now, just like the Sabre Dance/ՍուսերաՄարտ by AK would have, all by itself been a source of income had he patented and registered it.
Another cliché that I have invoked so many times - “You fool me once… Shame on You, You Fool me a …million times… SHAME ON ME!
It may take us another 1700 years, no no, another 17,000 years to understand the true meaning of the adage. Yet. Whoever said that WE are the world’s “fastest learners”? When those savages who don’t even have a “language” of their own can drown us in their “gobbl-gobble” semantics., like, what is the real meaning of “border”, who draws the LINE? What kind of “pen-sword” **do they use?
**The PEN is mightier than the SWORD/ԹՐԻ ԴԷՄ ԳՐԻՉ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users