Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Ted Bogosian And His Untruths About Monte Melkonian
[ 2010/04/17 | 12:48 ] Feature Stories societyPosted Image

By Ara Manoogian

17 years following his martyrdom in Artsakh, Armenian national hero Monte Melkonian is once again a victim of defamation. I came across a very interesting interview on Radio Open Source with an Armenian decorated filmmaker and documentarian Ted Bogosian. The subject of the interview was Ted's vocation – seeking the truth and telling it.

Posted ImageOpen Source host Christopher Lydon introduced Ted Bogosian as a truth hound and put the 'what is truth' question to him (see: http://www.radioopen...-truth-hound/). What I heard in response less than halfway through the interview led me to think that Ted may have misheard Christopher, thinking he had been asked 'what is a lie' or, for that matter, how to present a lie as truth.

As someone committed to truth seeking, I was at first thrilled to learn about an alternative experience from a prominent Armenian until I heard the following statements made by him:

"In Armenian Journey there is a very important sequence which didn't make the cut. And that is that I started to pursue an interview with a young man of my age and background named Monte Melkonian. And Monte was born in about the same year, in the central valley of California. And while I was at Duke, he was at Berkley, and when I went to graduate school, he went to graduate school in Beirut. And he was pursuing the truth about the Genocide in his own way and he became radicalized and he went underground and started selling arms and started selling drugs and started an Armenian terrorist movement. And so while I was making Armenian Journey, he was in jail in France, for having masterminded several bombings in Europe, at Orly Airport and at Turkish embassies and other businesses, where many innocent people were killed. And so, I went to see Monte in prison, and it was quite a moment, because he thought that I was there to kill him since he didn't know who I was and wasn't expecting a visitor that day. But I came to start corresponding with him and came to understand his manifesto, and I realized that what he was doing was similar to what I was doing except in a different theater. And so, my battle was against the media to try to tell the story one way, and his battle was more traditional. So, that didn't make the cut because I wouldn't have been able to get the film on television had I presented that manifesto. But I mention it because I want to say that I think this sort of thing is in the blood not only of Armenians but of people who want to tell the truth and, that is, they're willing to go there no matter where it leads." (The audio fragment is at 09:16-11:36).

Having devoted over a decade of my life researching Monte Melkonian's brief and thorny path, it was especially saddening for me to hear such irresponsible and defaming statements coming out of a fellow truth seeker's mouth.

These statements manifest shoddiness of research, sweeping generalizations and a self-indulgent distortion of recent Armenian history.

I would like to see one single piece of evidence that supports Mr. Ted Bogosian's claim that Monte Melkonian was a drug dealer, arms dealer and a founder of a terrorist movement, who masterminded the Orly operation.

These are the three major things against which Melkonian had been struggling with all his essence, endangering his life in the process. It was the Orly operation that catalyzed the split of Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia (ASALA).

To be more specific, below I have singled out each of Ted Bogosian's inaccurate claims. Let's start from the most innocent inaccuracies.

Ted Bogosian's claim #1: "And Monte was born in about the same year."

Ted Bogosian was born in 1951, whereas Monte Melkonian was born in 1957.

Ted Bogosian's claim #2: "…and when I went to graduate school, he [Monte Melkonian] went to graduate school in Beirut."

Monte Melkonian was admitted to a graduate school at Oxford, but chose to give up his academic career in favor of a trip to Beirut at the onset of the second phase of the civil war and joined the defense of Bourj Hammoud, the Armenian quarter of the city.

Ted Bogosian's claim #3: "…and [Monte Melkonian] started selling arms and started selling drugs…"

All the accounts of people who knew him, whether interviewed by me or other researchers, including those who spoke up at their own initiative, indicate that Monte was adamantly opposed to drugs, be it for use or for sale.

Throughout my research, I haven't come across any evidence of Monte being involved in arms or drug dealing. According to one of Monte's brothers-in-arms, once Monte, already a Commander of Martuni Defense Region, refused Samvel Babayan, Commander of the Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army, to promote an officer only because he smoked marijuana.

He had even banned his soldiers from using alcohol, which was common practice in other detachments.

More importantly, Monte earned himself highly influential enemies after burning lucrative cannabis fields in a noble attempt to shut down the local drug trade.

This deed was followed by a few attempts on his life. One might assume that Monte could use the proceeds from supposed drug sales to feed and equip the poorly armed fighters under his command. All evidence indicates that he had ignored any such compromise.

Ted Bogosian's claim #4: "…he [Monte Melkonian] started a terrorist movement."

This is an outright false statement. ASALA, to which Ted Bogosian refers, was founded in 1975 in Beirut, Lebanon during the first phase of the Lebanese Civil War by Harutiun Takoshian, alias Hagop Hagopian.

This was 3 years before Monte arrived in Lebanon for the first time. Monte was recruited by ASALA in 1980 after serving in an Armenian militia group in the Beirut suburb of Bourj Hammoud helping defend the Armenian population during the civil war.

Furthermore, based on the accounts of both supporters and opponents of ASALA, Monte played a pivotal role in the violent split of the organization in 1983 into those who supported the despotic leader Hagop Hagopian and those who disapproved his methods of struggle exactly because it took innocent lives, as well as distracted the attention from the cause the attacks were supposed to raise awareness of.

Ted Bogosian's claim #5: "…he [Monte Melkonian] was in jail in France, for having masterminded several bombings in Europe, at Orly Airport and at Turkish embassies and other businesses, where many innocent people were killed."

A sweeping generalization. Monte Melkonian was arrested for possession of a falsified passport and an illegal handgun in Paris on November 28, 1985.

He was sentenced to six years but served only three and a half. The Orly airport attack, which took place on July 15, 1983, and did kill and wound many innocent people, was masterminded by his already archenemy Hagop Hagopian and carried out by the latter's supporters in Paris.

The only people tried for the Orly airport attack were Varadjian Garbidjian (also spelled as Varoujan Garabedian life sentence, released 17 years later), Soner Nayir (15 years), Ohannes Semerci (10 years).

Parallel to the preparation of the Orly operation, inner turmoil was in progress within ASALA due to the widening gap between the members of the organization over the despotic leadership of Hagopian, the methods of struggle and, specifically, the implementation of the Orly attack.

Monte was in the opposition wing. But despite his efforts to cancel the the Orly operation, it was implemented, accelerating the final split of ASALA.

Who knows, the Karabagh war could have been a lost cause, had Monte Melkonian been the mastermind of the Orly airport attack and therefore gotten a life sentence?

Melkonian was arrested twice. In his court documents there was neither evidence, nor allegations supporting Mr. Bogosian's announcement regarding his participation in the attack in any form, as well as arms and/or drug dealing.

It would have been convenient for the French authorities and to Monte's enemies to find such evidence, but there was none.

To support my claim, I suggest that interested individuals read The Right to Struggle, My Brother's Road, Reality, A Self Criticism and a dozen other books.

Ted Bogosian's claim #6:
"I went to see Monte in prison, and it was quite a moment, because he thought that I was there to kill him…"

Okay, let me try to get this straight. Monte thought that Mr. Bogosian came to the prison to kill him?

So, Mr. Bogosian is saying that Monte thought an Armenian-American filmmaker was going to walk into a high security prison, formerly a concentration camp, armed guards watching his every move, and kill him?

What about checking for weapons before entering the highly guarded visiting room? Ted Bogosian makes it sound like Monte was in a health spa in the South of France.

I provided my arguments as accurately as I could and am willing to embrace supporting evidence that proves Mr. Bogosian's claims.

Otherwise, as a friend of mine put it, Mr. Bogosian's interview is more like "Ted talking about Ted – not the truth." I welcome facts, as they will enrich our knowledge about who Monte really was.

Posted ImageWith that said, I invite Ted Bogosian to set the record straight by exchanging his recollections with evidence and facts. Otherwise a public apology from Ted Bogosian is in order.

Ara Manoogian is a human rights activist representing the Shahan Natalie Family Foundation in Artsakh and Armenia, as well as a member of the Washington-based Policy Forum Armenia (PFA)
  • onjig likes this

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

inch tarorinak mardiq kan...
  • onjig likes this

#3 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Riding coattails of better men...
  • onjig likes this

#4 Moushegh

Moushegh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

What nerve this man has!

Anyone have his email?
I'd be thrilled to ask him about these 'inaccuracies' pointed out by Mr. Manoogian.

Can you believe this??

Christopher Lydon: Ted Bogosian: Confessions of a Truth Hound
April 2, 2010

Ted Bogosian is one of those uncommon journalists and filmmakers for whom the stark truth of the matter is all that counts. Truth at the far pole from truthiness. Emotional truth. Historical truth. Negotiable truth, which is to say: politically useful truth. Truth so awful sometimes that most of us — whether victims, perps or bystanders — would just as soon turn away.

Listen in on the conversation here:

TB: Being Armenian requires a different standard of truth telling. What’s in your DNA is this business of overcoming denial… The first thing in my life I remember is standing in my backyard in New Jersey, watching my grandmother, who was a survivor of the genocide, making a pile of rocks and telling me, in her broken English, that “nothing mattered.” And for her to be saying that to a 3-year-old boy, based on what she had witnessed, started my journey toward making that film 30 years later, which was about all the apocryphal stories and all the real stories I had heard growing up. I had to decide for myself which ones were true. And when I did, I had to figure out a way to relate those truths to the world. So I think it’s different for Armenians and for other ethnic groups trying to overcome similar denials.

CL: In other words, truth hounds don’t just happen.

TB: There has to be a powerful momentum, an irresistible force, pushing you in that direction. Otherwise it’s too easy to take the path of least resistance.

http://www.asianews....-a-truth-hound/
  • onjig likes this

#5 AraManoogian

AraManoogian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:58 AM

What nerve this man has!

Anyone have his email?
I'd be thrilled to ask him about these 'inaccuracies' pointed out by Mr. Manoogian.

Can you believe this??

I believe you can email him at tedbogosian @ mac(dot)com though I have not yet heard back from him, though that does not mean he will not be getting back to me.

If you live in the Boston area, you could always go down to Duke on Monday to ask him face to face. His office phone number is on the internet as well as the classes he is teaching.

Edited by AraManoogian, 18 April 2010 - 02:03 AM.

• onjig likes this

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

Who is this clown to desecrate the sacred memory of Monte anyway? ASALA?
Obviously he is a diehard anti-Dashank Ramkavar.
Note that those other dogs define "diaspora" as a synonym for "dashnak".
There was a time when even I thought the Ramkavars were our "salvation". Little did I know that their one and only agenda was to counter the Dashnaks. Now, it seems they are drowning in their own manure. I have been receiving, gratis, their "RAG" known as Mirror Spectator for quite sometime, whose main topics and letters are diatribes at the Dashnaks.
Are they those "certain Diasporans" that dog dav-it-oghlu is talking about? How many of the members can read Armenian? Why has their Party Organ stopped publishing "Payqar/Պայքար"** in the Armenian Language. How many of them can read Armenian?
** It means "struggle" not unlike the Arabic word "Jihad".

Edited by Arpa, 19 April 2010 - 03:20 AM.

#7 Moushegh

Moushegh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

I believe you can email him at tedbogosian @ mac(dot)com though I have not yet heard back from him, though that does not mean he will not be getting back to me.

If you live in the Boston area, you could always go down to Duke on Monday to ask him face to face. His office phone number is on the internet as well as the classes he is teaching.

Thank you, Mr Manoogian for providing his email, and also for your efforts to set the record straight and clear Monte's name. I urge everyone to email him and respectfully demand an explanation and a public apology for these blatant false statements.

I have very little doubt that he is funded or at the very least supported by Ramkavars. What a disgrace!
  • onjig likes this

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

like to see his face wan he gets an Email from ASALA :) or a knock on his doors, adiga ov e , ?? ASALA/en em qezi pan m@ peradz em vordght tnem ?? :)
  • onjig likes this

#9 Moushegh

Moushegh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

Email sent.

Mr. Ted Bogosian,

I am writing to you today because I have grave concerns about statements which you have made publicly regarding Monte Melkonian.
I ask that you substantiate these dubious statements which you have made;

1) "Monte was born in about the same year."
Is not a fact, that you were born in 1951?

I ask you, sir, is this an accurate and truthful statement for someone who claims to be a "truth" hound?

2) "…and when I went to graduate school, he [Monte Melkonian] went to graduate school in Beirut."
Is it not a fact, that Monte Melkonian was admitted to a graduate school at Oxford?

I ask you, sir, is this an accurate and truthful statement for someone who claims to be a "truth" hound?

3) "…and [Monte Melkonian] started selling arms and started selling drugs…"
Is it not true, that according to people who knew him, including those who spoke up at their own initiative, have indicated that Monte was adamantly opposed to drugs, be it for use or for sale?
Is it not true, that according to one of Monte's brothers-in-arms, once Monte, already a Commander of Martuni Defense Region, refused Samvel Babayan, Commander of the Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army, to promote an officer only because he smoked marijuana?
Is it not true, that Monte earned himself highly influential enemies after burning lucrative cannabis fields in a noble attempt to shut down the local drug trade?

I ask you, sir, is your claim that Monte "started selling drugs" an accurate and truthful statement for someone who claims to be a "truth" hound?

4) "…he [Monte Melkonian] started a terrorist movement."
Is it not a fact, that ASALA was founded in 1975 in Beirut, Lebanon by Harutiun Takoshian, alias Hagop Hagopian?

I ask you, sir, is your claim that "he started a terrorist movement" an accurate and truthful statement for someone who claims to be a "truth" hound?

5) "…he [Monte Melkonian] was in jail in France, for having masterminded several bombings in Europe, at Orly Airport "
Is it not a fact, that Monte Melkonian was arrested for possession of a falsified passport and an illegal handgun in Paris on November 28, 1985?
Is it not a fact, that the only ones convicted of the Orly airport attack were Varadjian Garbidjian , Soner Nayir, Ohannes Semerci?

I ask you, sir, is your claim that "he [Monte Melkonian] was in jail in France for having masterminded several bombings in Europe, at Orly Airport " an accurate and truthful statement for someone who claims to be a "truth" hound?

Mr. Ted Bogosian, you have some explaining to do!

On behalf of every [genuine] truth and justice seeking person, regardless of national origin, I challenge you to rehabilitate your reputation and credibility by explaining these 'inconsistent' statements which you have made. If you are unable to provide to us an explanation then I demand that you offer a public apology and clear your name for making these 'inaccurate' and deeply disturbing statements against an honorable man who gave his life defending his country. his people, and freedom.

Regards,

Moushegh Kalajian
  • onjig likes this

#10 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

I thought the name sounded familiar. Sure enough. Here he is. I do remember that docu;
http://armenianstudi.../filmmaking.htm

At the end of the 1980s, younger directors made rather good films on the Genocide. Certainly one of the best if not the best film to treat the Armenian Genocide and its consequences thus far is by a young documentary filmmaker, Theodore Bogosian from Boston, who established a strong reputation in public television before producing and directing An Armenian Voyage (1989). Bogosian uses as the central character in the film a Genocide survivor, Miriam Davis, who he accompanies on a moving visit to her birthplace in Turkey and the places where she saw her father, mother, and brother die.

• onjig likes this

#11 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

If I were Ted Bogosian I would choose somebody else to do research on. Rather, I would choose somebody else and actually do the research.
  • onjig likes this

#12 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

If I were Ted Bogosian I would choose somebody else to do research on. Rather, I would choose somebody else and actually do the research.

Barev Boghos Boghosovich Boghosian. You said it better then I ever could.
We need better scientific historians. Not Hnchak, not Dashank, not Ramkavar "historians/schmistorians-", not stambolian, not "marash-li-an", not "yerevan-LI-ian", hysterectomic hystorikians, but "skyentifik" (Hi Popeye!) : oops: I mean "scientific". What we need is more "historians" fed on "spanakh"
==
This;
http://www.foodhaccp...ronly/0925a.gif
====
or this;
Posted Image

Edited by Arpa, 19 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

• onjig likes this

#13 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

Arpa jan, I really enjoy okra. I remember very fondly my grandmother on my father's side cooking it with tomato and a touch of lemon juice. Later on I learned a very simple recipe of creole okra which is delicious.
I do understand some peoples wish to demistify historical figures or institutions. Be as it may, our own myths are rather modest and often anti-heros. Even the most recalcitrant Tashnaks can't really come up with super human idols. Today I think this is a great trait we have.
all the best,
B.
  • onjig likes this

#14 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

Arpa jan, I really enjoy okra. I remember very fondly my grandmother on my father's side cooking it with tomato and a touch of lemon juice. Later on I learned a very simple recipe of creole okra which is delicious.
I do understand some peoples wish to demistify historical figures or institutions. Be as it may, our own myths are rather modest and often anti-heros. Even the most recalcitrant Tashnaks can't really come up with super human idols. Today I think this is a great trait we have.
all the best,
B.

Yes Dear Boghos,I too like okra/bamia, and I often have it. However I do remember when we would not even go home for lunch on bamia days. Most children don’t like it for a variety of reasons, neither do the average Americans simply because they have no imagination, they don’t know how to prepare it, they just boil it, maybe with some butter.
Not to forget that some Armenians use the word "bamia" as a euphmist for a certain immature male anatomical appendage; http://www.google.co...ved=0CAYQ9QEwAA
:ap: :ap: :ap:
----
Getting back to Bogosian v Monte, I have written about that “Armenian malady”. Whereas we deify and adore other personages, obey them and .... Case in point, we don't even have the decency to address our own with respect. while we cal,l those other dogs with honorific titlee. Look at the three presidents that Armenia has had in the last two decades. We could not wait even one day before beginning to vilify them. We don’t even have the decency to call them “president”, “levonik”, “roibertik” and “sergik”, "ptsik -pllik" etc.? Of course, after all they are our own snotty/khllot boys, unlike when we call that dog hamid “sultan", and the other dog talaat :pooh: "poopoo/kaka" etc.
As a rule the Armenian motto is “gna merir ari sirem”, look at all those we vilified during their lifetimes , comes to mind Abovian, Charents, Bakounts, Komitas and many more, to only deify them after their demise.
I am sure you have seen this; http://hyeforum.com/...=1
Another Armenian custom is to never vilify a dearly departed, just listen to some of the eulogies at the funeral of a most despicable person…. Yet this Ted did not even have the decency to follow that rule. Of course, Monte is dead, he died a hero’s death, he cannot speak on his behalf. Shame on him for speaking evil of the dead.. What has he done for the nation?
Speaking of which, I wish I could find a video of the Armenian Journey docu he had produced. What I remember, yes, there were allegations of Genocide, if only as sideline, the rest of the story, something I hate so was a nostalgic trip to her “homeland” and remising how they peacefully lived together with their “furkish brothers” UNTIL….. Is that not what erbokhan and dav-it-oghlu are saying, that we hade been brothers all those years and centuries UNTIL…. Why can’t we get back to those days when we say “JUMP” and you say “HOW HIGH”? When we say “DIE” , and you let us know if by the sword, starvation or the gallows.
Too bad Armenians did not invent or learn how to use this… :giljotiini:

Edited by Arpa, 20 April 2010 - 09:08 AM.

#15 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Ah, yes dear Arpa, I decided to skip this most horrible behaviour that we often have just because I am sick and tired of it. It is quite true that we may have our modest, humble heroes but seem to find supermen outside our own. Thankfully we have quite a few that eschew this idiotic nonsense.

#16 AraManoogian

AraManoogian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

I don’t know about anyone else, but I received a response from Ted Bogosian telling me “I will respond tomorrow, Ara.” He sent the message via Cingular Xpress Mail with a Blackberry.

Well tomorrow came and he responded to me alright, but instead of an email from Ted explaining his statements or offering an apology, I received an email from his legal counsel Jeffrey K. Techentin of ADLER POLLOCK & SHEEHAN P.C.

I won’t get into the details of the message at this time, but will just say that instead of addressing the issue of Ted making defaming statements about Armenian National Hero Monte Melkonian, the email was one of those I will sue you Ara if you don’t back off letters that I usually get from those people who know they are up the creak without a paddle and are going to fall very hard. From the emails, I can conclude that Ted is going to be hard nut to crack, but as Monte stated in one of the youtube videos I’ve posted of him, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. If my perfect score of bringing corrupt mafia/government figures to terms with the truth means anything, I can tell you that it will be just a matter of time that Ted will cave in and do right by everyone and would like to add that there is a good chance it will be much sooner rather than later.

One good thing came of this so far and that is that Ted knows that we are not happy about his defaming an Armenian national hero and that we also know that the email address I have posted is accurate, which you can feel free to send your messages to and Ted will get them on his Blackberry.

For those of you who have written to Ted and not heard back from him, you may want to try sending a copy of your message to Ted’s attorney Jeffrey K. Techentin at: Jtechentin @ apslaw (dot) com or you can telephone Jeff at (401) 427-6147. Alternatively feel free to send Jeff a fax to (401) 351-4607. According to Jeff, any further communication from me should be directed to him (for I’m sure for a hefty fee to Ted).
  • onjig likes this

#17 Moushegh

Moushegh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

What a coward. Publicly defame someone - a fellow countryman and national hero no less (who isn't even alive to defend himself), then run and hide behind the skirt of an attorney. If he does have the information to back up his claims, then why this need to put an attorney on retainer? It's crystal clear that he knows he cannot back-up his statements, otherwise he would have done so.

Way to go, Mr. Manoogian! I applaud you for spearheading this campaign to clear Monte's name. You've got him worried and on the run. I'm certain that Monte is smiling from ear to ear.

You have our support, I'll send Mr. Techentin an email asking him why his client is unwilling to respond to my email.

Brothers and sisters, Monte sacrificed so much for us, I plead with everyone to do whatever we can to keep the pressure on Mr. Bogosian until justice prevails.
Thank you.
  • onjig likes this

#18 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

I don’t know about anyone else, but I received a response from Ted Bogosian telling me “I will respond tomorrow, Ara.” He sent the message via Cingular Xpress Mail with a Blackberry.

Well tomorrow came and he responded to me alright, but instead of an email from Ted explaining his statements or offering an apology, I received an email from his legal counsel Jeffrey K. Techentin of ADLER POLLOCK & SHEEHAN P.C.

I won’t get into the details of the message at this time, but will just say that instead of addressing the issue of Ted making defaming statements about Armenian National Hero Monte Melkonian, the email was one of those I will sue you Ara if you don’t back off letters that I usually get from those people who know they are up the creak without a paddle and are going to fall very hard. From the emails, I can conclude that Ted is going to be hard nut to crack, but as Monte stated in one of the youtube videos I’ve posted of him, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. If my perfect score of bringing corrupt mafia/government figures to terms with the truth means anything, I can tell you that it will be just a matter of time that Ted will cave in and do right by everyone and would like to add that there is a good chance it will be much sooner rather than later.

One good thing came of this so far and that is that Ted knows that we are not happy about his defaming an Armenian national hero and that we also know that the email address I have posted is accurate, which you can feel free to send your messages to and Ted will get them on his Blackberry.

For those of you who have written to Ted and not heard back from him, you may want to try sending a copy of your message to Ted’s attorney Jeffrey K. Techentin at: Jtechentin @ apslaw (dot) com or you can telephone Jeff at (401) 427-6147. Alternatively feel free to send Jeff a fax to (401) 351-4607. According to Jeff, any further communication from me should be directed to him (for I’m sure for a hefty fee to Ted).

that explains a lot and dont think some Armenians are amune to prostitution.
ove lsel kattsini u tsareri patmutyun@?

Gluxe yerkatsitse bayts poch@ meznits!!!!

#19 AraManoogian

AraManoogian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support. By all means, please keep the pressure on Ted.

On the Huffington Post (see: http://www.huffingto...s_b_523557.html) a couple of comments were posted by someone going by the name of "Bogosian." I can't be certain if this is in fact Ted Bogosian, but will just re-post them here for you to read and comment if you would like (any input from you may be used in the next article that should come out in a few days). For now I will not reply to these post other than say to you here that in my opinion the comments fall miles short of an explanation or acceptable apology. You be the judge. Oh and if anyone writes to Ted, ask him if these are his comments or those of some else?

"I am pleased that my conversation with Christopher Lydon has inspired such informed comments. The FARA database is in desperate need of reform. There is not enough transparency or timeliness now, as JustineH, FirstTimeVoter and others indicate. Finally, I pledge to correct any inadvertent errors and omissions I may have made at Brown, as always. That is a Truth Hound's obligation. Thanks to everyone for listening." - Posted by Bogosian at 11:40 AM on 4/21/2010

"CORRECTIONS & AMPLIFICATIONS: While I still consider Monte Melkonian and myself to be the "same age" (as I told Chris Lydon in this podcast), Monte was, in fact, 6 years younger. Monte was an undergraduate at UC-Berkeley, not a graduate student there. I could have identified the terrorist movement he started: ASALA-Revolutionary Movement. Finally, while Monte was convicted of illegal weapons possession, he was not charged with selling arms or illegal drugs. (I knew him to practice healthful living habits during his imprisonment.) I stand corrected and regret these errors." - Posted by Bogosian at 06:12 PM on 4/22/2010
  • onjig likes this

#20 Moushegh

Moushegh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

Posted at Huffington post -
I hope that my comment will appear, as all comments are moderated.

I see that "someone" by the name of 'Bogosian' [a *fan* of Ted Bogosian] has attempted to set the record straight and finally speak the TRUTH about the honorable Armenian freedom fighter and national hero, Monte Melkonian.

Why have we not heard from the real Ted Bogosian?

I am outraged and disgusted that Mr. Ted Bogosian, a so-called "truth hound" would be so unprofessional and so careless as to publicly make statements as "truths" without having done proper research and being able to provide ANY evidence to back-up his claims.

Mr. Bogosian is not worthy of being labeled a "truth hound." Until he - the real Ted Bogosian - makes a public statement about all the 'inconsistent' statements defaming Monte Melkonian, then the label that is most fitting Mr. Te Bogosian is simply ... A FRAUD!
  • onjig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users