6 replies to this topic

#1 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

The following is mainly a rant....

Armenians, what is up with all the Armenian .TK sites popping up online??? (for those of you who don't know, .TK is a free domain service. www.dot.tk)
I am not trying to discourage Armenians from learning how to make websites or being successful but try to be original. All the .TK sites I have seen are all crap. The same content, copied over to 20 .TK sites.

Here are a few:
siro-draxt.tk <<< will spam any site with text input
otarutyun.tk <<< spammer also
hay-style.tk
hayreniq.tk
haykarot.tk
and the list goes on...

Take a look at those sites. Don't they all look alike? Don't you see the same content?

Well I was holding that in for a while...nice to let it out.

#2 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

Stver jan, welcome to the forum!, Nice to have you here, I see you already managed to blend in, so please do continue without being shy!!!

To answer your questions - there is too many Armenians, and each one of them want to have their websites... and the good thing is they are spread everywhere... .com, .gov, .la.ca, .eu, .ru, .am, .fr, .gr, you name it they got it!!! therefore, why not have .tk as well, let em have it, whether it is nice or not, I didn't go to the sites you named above, but that's ok, let em be, whatever makes us Armenians happy!!!

#3 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Apr 28 2008, 02:56 AM)
Stver jan, welcome to the forum!, Nice to have you here, I see you already managed to blend in, so please do continue without being shy!!!

To answer your questions - there is too many Armenians, and each one of them want to have their websites... and the good thing is they are spread everywhere... .com, .gov, .la.ca, .eu, .ru, .am, .fr, .gr, you name it they got it!!! therefore, why not have .tk as well, let em have it, whether it is nice or not, I didn't go to the sites you named above, but that's ok, let em be, whatever makes us Armenians happy!!!

I think you understood me wrong...I am not trying to discourage anyone, just sending a message out to not copy and paste content. I myself started out with free websites and I am a web designer now so they should be trying hard to be original and learn more in the process.

HyeForum has seniority and it is doing quite well. I setup a forum for Stver and it is hard getting the ball rolling ;-)

#4 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Your right stver jan glad we are on the same page!!! and by the way, welcome to the forum!!! Hope you really do enjoy the stay here!!!

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

Actually that's good advice and it's generally just a really bad idea to make lots of sites with the same or similar content. Before you know it, search engines will start flagging your sites as spam and your traffic will go down to nothing in no time.

On the other hand, making several different domain names that point or forward to the same site is not a problem in my opinion.

#6 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Apr 28 2008, 11:51 AM)
Actually that's good advice and it's generally just a really bad idea to make lots of sites with the same or similar content. Before you know it, search engines will start flagging your sites as spam and your traffic will go down to nothing in no time.

On the other hand, making several different domain names that point or forward to the same site is not a problem in my opinion.

actually thats a great search engine optimization technique. lets say you have a website called valod.com and it is about computers. valod and computers are nowhere near each other so you might buy computers.com and have it forward to your domain. google comes along to computers.com and gets sent to valod.com. sooner or later your search engine ranking in the results page will become higher for the keyword 'computer'

#7 chelovek84

chelovek84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Կարծես թե .com-ի կամ .net-ի վրա հնարավոր չէ սպամ անող կայքեր բացել։ Ի՞նչ նշանակություն ունի .tk է կամ ինչ է։

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users