• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AAL

AAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have a very old notebook thats handwriten in Armenian, a little massy so I can't read it. is there anybody that can read and type in armenian whats writen and if posible translate it to english?? these are a few of the pages.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Dear AAL ,
First off a warm Welcome to you. Please stay.
Now that no one else has responded let me chime in.
Not knowing who had written it and when , for what purpose , the opening lines read
“A concise historiography of Armenia
Ամփոփ ժամագրութիւն Ազգային պատմութեան”
Beginning with the Legend of Haik. With from aside in between, ends with the Legend of Vardan..
I am a klutzen idiot, I don’t know how to isolate and enlarge it. Convert PDF to HTML. I wish there were a way to enlarge it and see the details, not to mention the corrections and the strike outs.
Yeah, yeah right! Our history/ mistory begins with the legends of Haik and ends with Vardan!!
PS. Please tell us who wrote it , when and for what purpose..

#3 AAL

AAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Dear AAL ,
First off a warm Welcome to you. Please stay.
Now that no one else has responded let me chime in.
Not knowing who had written it and when , for what purpose , the opening lines read
“A concise historiography of Armenia
Ամփոփ ժամագրութիւն Ազգային պատմութեան”
Beginning with the Legend of Haik. With from aside in between, ends with the Legend of Vardan..
I am a klutzen idiot, I don’t know how to isolate and enlarge it. Convert PDF to HTML. I wish there were a way to enlarge it and see the details, not to mention the corrections and the strike outs.
Yeah, yeah right! Our history/ mistory begins with the legends of Haik and ends with Vardan!!
PS. Please tell us who wrote it , when and for what purpose..

I don't know who wrote it when it was written and for what purpose, that is what I'm trying to find out, there is a total of about 30 pages. I know it’s very old because the pages are all falling apart, so I scanned it so I won't have to flip the pages too much and get it worst then it is in. If someone can type what’s written in Armenian so I can read it I’m willing to pay for the service, if that is what it will take for me to be able to read it. I can read Armenian my only problem is I can’t read this handwriting. .

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Dear AAL
I can see it and I can read most of it except that it is in a scanned PDF format, and at times not large enough.
If only our house cyber-geeks could convert it to copiable simple text I would be able to quote and comment, in both Armenian trancription text as well as Enlish translation.
Please don't be discouraged as our best "geeks" seem to be in a deep slumber (coma/մահաքուն).
BTW. Is your name Aram Armen Lavashian? :)

Edited by Arpa, 27 February 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#5 AAL

AAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Dear AAL
I can see it and I can read most of it except that it is in a scanned PDF format, and at times not large enough.
If only our house cyber-geeks could convert it to copiable simple text I would be able to quote and comment, in both Armenian trancription text as well as Enlish translation.
Please don't be discouraged as our best "geeks" seem to be in a deep slumber (coma/մահաքուն).
BTW. Is your name Aram Armen Lavashian? :)

No, my name is not Aram Armen Lavashian, lol. My name is John I'm the commander of the American Armenian Legion (Amerikahay Zinyalner) in the US. the copies I have put on is only afew of the pages, this notebook that I have is about 30 pages and very old.
You can find out about us on our website at www.americanarmenianlegion.com or on Facebook at " American Armenian Militia " or " AAL John "
Thank you for helping me out.

#6 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

The last post was 27 February 2012. To bad this thread didn't finish to resolution. It would have been interesting.

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

87450829_10157591558841858_1371270958966

was talking to John this Sunday, over Tonir Xorovats at friend ranch, wan i mention Hye forum he told me about this post :) small world :ap: 

87503499_10157591563601858_3238092444226

87791656_10157591565221858_5233540606499

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users