Spring Fashions
Traditional Costumes

Enjoy;
http://www.hyeetch.n...textile_p4.html
I have this book;
http://www.abrilbook...esCenturies.htm
Another, interactive, correction to follow;
http://www.iatp.am/c...e/taraz2/4.html

Edited by Arpa, 09 February 2005 - 07:11 AM.

#2 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

I dont like any of them. sad.gif

#3 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

they are just folk costumes from I believe 19th century, most of match exactly with the turkish ones, I'm not a big fan either.

#4 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 9 2005, 04:40 PM)

Not even those that are used by the Folk Dance Ensemble in Yerevan? I think those are really beautiful. I only really hate the ones with a mouthpiece for the ladies. Now that's Turkish/Arabic/ whatever influence.

#5 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:50 PM

I think the costumes I've seen in the first two links look more like the costumes of those petty nations to the north more than anything else - the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasus, eh.

#6 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 9 2005, 09:40 AM)

They just need to make all of them extreme mini and open up the top as well. Or make long slits (like the Chines waitresses have) and you will like everything Azat jan. And with all those hats and stuff it will be exotically sexy smile.gif

#7 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Feb 9 2005, 05:38 PM)
They just need to make all of them extreme mini and open up the top as well. Or make long slits (like the Chines waitresses have) and you will like everything Azat jan. And with all those hats and stuff it will be exotically sexy smile.gif

shame on you, you dirty dog wink.gif

#8 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ Feb 9 2005, 07:57 PM)
shame on you, you dirty dog wink.gif

Edo, you got the whole picture, eh? biggrin.gif Like that girl from the "Shiker" group in mini Armenian traditional dress. Turns me on in a second ... wink.gif

#9 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

They are all awful. Was color coordination not in style back then?

#10 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:21 PM

Fashion

Check these out (traditional) and tell me you don't like them wink.gif

#11 Siamanto

Siamanto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Sulamita @ Feb 9 2005, 09:21 PM)
Fashion

Check these out (traditional) and tell me you don't like them    wink.gif

When I read Azat's reaction I thought of this site!
Also, look in Designers Directory for Stepanyan Margarita!

Also, if you like Christian Lacroix, you should check Manukian Yulia. Not exactly Lacroix, but...

Overall, I'm impressed by their work! They have ideas!

I like
Avetisian Syuzi
Dudukchian Inga ???
Manukian Yulia
Sekhpeyan Satenik??
Sharbatyan Arthur?
Stepanyan Margarita

#12 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

I dont like those either. sad.gif looks like they are wearing the small rug from my childhood bedroom.

#13 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

yeah, I am sorry I just think that when it comes to fashion Armenians have to eat a lot of "hats u panir" to get up there. I just did not see any elegance, sexuality, style anything in those fashions.

Plus, have you been in Armenia lately and feel how people's clothes are different from the West? The first few days I felt in some Anatolian village, most clothes come from Turkey so what do you expect? What girls consider sexy is completely different form the West? The style of jeans that these girls were wearing I've only seen on Hispanic sweat shop workers in East Los Angeles. I want to say, the fasion sense is not behind for few years from the West, but completely different. This will change as the nation becomes for economically developed, hopefully.

Edited by kakachik77, 10 February 2005 - 04:25 PM.

#14 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 10 2005, 01:29 AM)
I dont like those either. sad.gif  looks like they are wearing the small rug from my childhood bedroom.

laugh.gif Aneta jan, I will have to agree with Azat, although I never really had a small rug in my childhood bedroom. I was a deprived child who used to spend a lot of time in the corners of my childhood bedroom. Perhaps that is why I don't have any appreciation for small rugs, especially on people.

#15 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (kakachik77 @ Feb 10 2005, 06:24 PM)
yeah, I am sorry I just think that when it comes to fashion Armenians have to eat a lot of "hats u panir" to get up there. I just did not see any elegance, sexuality, style anything in those fashions.

Plus, have you been in Armenia lately and feel how people's clothes are different from the West? The first few days I felt in some Anatolian village, most clothes come from Turkey so what do you expect? What girls consider sexy is completely different form the West? The style of jeans that these girls were wearing I've only seen on Hispanic sweat shop workers in East Los Angeles. I want to say, the fasion sense is not behind for few years from the West, but completely different. This will change as the nation becomes for economically developed, hopefully.

How is it in Yerevan? Have they developed a sense of style finally? I've seen a few photos and I still see them admiring frou-frou stuff. Especially those darn screaming, sequent dresses, resembling parrot garments, I am afraid those will never go out of style.

#16 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:22 PM

When I was in Yerevan, I was perpetually aroused. Aside from being the most beautiful women, they must have been doing something right. Hell, everytime I saw a girl she looked as if she was on her way to a club, but in a more tasteful way. The men there are also always presentable. Never trashy. Yes there is a bit too much Adidas, but I did not see anything that was tasteless.

#17 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:30 PM

For once I would have to agree with you, Yerevani women have that certain Je ne se qua. When were you in Yerevan last?

#18 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Feb 10 2005, 03:30 PM)
For once I would have to agree with you, Yerevani women have that certain Je ne se qua. When were you in Yerevan last?

Oh, it has been a while. I went for all of August in 2001. I was in Yerevan for about a week.

#19 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

That was a while ago, but anything after my departure would be more current to me. Now when you say perpetually, how long would that be exactly? Did they wear a lot of glitter and loads of pink blush?

#20 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Feb 10 2005, 04:05 PM)
That was a while ago, but anything after my departure would be more current to me. Now when you say perpetually, how long would that be exactly? Did they wear a lot of glitter and loads of pink blush?

Four days.

I don't remember. Plus I had to make sure and look at everything without it being too obvious before they disappeared into the proverbial horizon. They were probably more generous with the make-up use than I would prefer.

Edited by dusken, 10 February 2005 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users