Upload Your Own Photos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alby

alby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Internet, writing, reading.

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

Two years ago I started a site called PhotoArmenia.com with the idea of giving all Armenians a site where they could upload their travel photos to Armenian related locals such as Armenia, Iran or Lebanon, Canada for example.
Unfortunately it was hacked last October while I was in Armenia. The hacker redirected the site to some turkish propaganda site. I hate to say it but the hacker succeeded to destroy the site and hundreds of photos in it.
I restart the site, hopefully this time safer. I want to let everyone know that your family, friend, travel and other photos can be uploaded in your created albums.

Please check it out, see if it is any good and give me your opinion. Should I keep the site up or you think it should be closed.

#2 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

Hello Alby, smile.gif

Nice job on the site. Unfortunately, Armenians have enemies - and any site supporting or promoting Armenian people/culture/issues will be attacked at some point or another. You've already had first hand experience wink.gif

If you're serious about running an Armenian photo gallery site, take the time to ensure that any web applications/scripts you are running are regularly updated and secure. Back up your data/server files regularly and be vigiliant - if you're attacked again, have a back up plan in place in order to keep yourself up and running (and thwart those hackers!) It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth. Keep up the good work! smile.gif

#3 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

Excellent idea and I would be more than happy to contribute.

#4 alby

alby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Internet, writing, reading.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

I figured many Armenians post their photos on Yahoo or other sites that limit the size of the file and some keep the pics on a limited time. This way anyone can upload any size photos up to 4000x4000 pixels, keep them as much as they want. Create their own albums or put photos in existing albums.
As far as backup and security is concerned, I have done my best to address that issue too, so hopefully this site is safe.
I hope people realise the advantage and start using it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users