elisabeth taylor

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 aurguplu

aurguplu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:languages, history, archaeology, art, art history , natural history 6 nature

Posted 25 March 2002 - 02:15 AM

hello

i was reading some on-line stuff by ara baliozian, where he mentioned casually that elisabeth taylor was of armenian heritage and that her real name was yeghishapet terzakian (the surname sounds like the turkish for tailor, terzi).

could anyone post more info on that please?

regards,

#2 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 25 March 2002 - 09:34 AM

Ali,

I believe that he was saying that "tongue in cheek," as to say that it was ridiculous. But given the quick rate of Armenian assimilation, it is altogether possicle that she may have some Armenian heritage. Given the fact that the late Princess Diana and her sons are part-Armenian, this being documented in the British Peerage Record, anything is possible. Some British geneologist should research this about Elizabeth Taylor. It took me years of geneological research to verify the rumors about Gregory Peck.

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:40 AM

Princess Diana and her sons are part-Armenian ???

#4 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:49 AM

Princess Diana and her sons are descended from Eliz Kevorkian, who had Anglicized her name to Eliza Kewark. She was from an Armenian family in Bombay. She married or had a child by a British sea-captain named Forbes. Her papers (in Armenian no-less) are archived in the library at the Spencer's Castle in England. Therefore Diana's mother, brother and sisters are also part-Armenian.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 01:10 PM

HAgarag haw do you find this staf ???

#6 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 01:14 PM

Research. I did this kind of "stuff" before the arrival of the internet at the Bancroft Library and other such archives around the US, including the Library of Congress. The internet now gives up the opportunity for researching additional information from around the globe.

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 25 March 2002 - 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MosJan:
HAgarag haw do you find this staf ???

Below one of several sites that address Princess Di's Armenian ancestry
As to Ali's question I will address that in a separate post.
======
http://www.cilicia.c...cess_diana.html

Article detailing Princess Di's Armenian ancestry. (Yes, this is a case of Eshun bochin boch')

Dear Friends:

We are all saddened for the loss of Lady Diana. Hereby I would like to share some factual information.

From the writings about Princess Diana I perceived, some years ago, maybe chauvinistically, the remnants of her Armenian genes.
Even though she was only 1/64th Armenian (as per the article herewith) she seems to have many of the strong characteristics of
Armenian women. Thus her children and perhaps the future king of England will be blessed with Armenian genes. Her Armenian
ancestry is traced to Eliza Kewark (an Armenian lady from India).

Some years ago letters with "funny writing" were found in the ancestral home of the late Princess Di. After investigation they
realized that it was "Armenian" and that they were written by grandmother Eliza to her children and grandchildren...

Eliza Kewark, married the Scottish merchant, Theodore Forbes. From this union was born Kathleen Scott Forbes who married
James Crombie from Aberdeen. They had a daughter Jane who married David Littlejohn and their daughter Ruth married William Gill.
Ruth Sylvia Gill, the grandmother of Lady Diana, married Lord Fermoy and their daughter, Frances Ruth Burke Roach married the 8th
Earl of Spencer who is the father of Lady Diana.

It is noteworthy that Eliza Kewark was also referred to as "Mrs. Forbesian" (a characteristic ending of Armenian surnames).

#8 Kazza

Kazza

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Chatting, Getting to know people, studying reading playing/listening to all types of music, relaxing, generally having a great time and enjoying life!!!

Posted 26 March 2002 - 03:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MosJan:
Princess Diana and her sons are part-Armenian ???

yeah: about a 64th!! Her sons are a 128th.

#9 Edit

Edit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 05:11 PM

Guys,is that true that Gwen Stefan from 'No doubt' is Armenian?

-------------------------------------------------
Kyanqs,tsavd tanem:)

#10 koko

koko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:armenia

Posted 28 March 2002 - 05:44 AM

smilies/flash.gif

#11 koko

koko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aurguplu:
hello

i was reading some on-line stuff by ara baliozian, where he mentioned casually that elisabeth taylor was of armenian heritage and that her real name was yeghishapet terzakian (the surname sounds like the turkish for tailor, terzi).

could anyone post more info on that please?

regards,

Sorry but Elisabeth taylor is first of all known as beeing jewish. So she isint armenian.I dont care if she is armenian or not...My question is
why Ara Baliozian is making fun of armenians?
Isn't he of armenian heritage himself??
So he was trying to say that it so ridicoulous that we are proud to have so many talented armenians?

I don't get it.

#12 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 01:01 PM

Koko,

Again, your are talking not out of your mouth but out of somewhere else. Elizabeth Taylor CONVERTED to Judaism when she married Mike Todd, who was killed in an airplane crash not more than a few years after. She was a CONVERT to Judaism as are a number of my relatives. They are still Armenians. I may soon convert to Buddhism. I will still be Armenian and can look up to my glorious Armenian ancestors. Aram I realizes that the Armenian Church has lost touch with it's congregants. As for the Catholicism of my ancestors, I KNEW as a young child how corrupt and filthy this forerunner of all Christianity was. Now ALL THE WORLD KNOWS.

#13 koko

koko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 May 2002 - 01:17 PM

Dear Hagarag!

Im completly aware that an armenian can be jewish or catholic, or other religion for that matter. :rolleyes:That wasnt my point.

I was wondering why ara b was making fun of armenians, surely that was what he meant by the statement about E Taylor.

#14 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

One less Armenian? :jester:
That bimbo aka Elizabeth Taylor has died. She was married 8 times to 7 different men half of which were of certain ethnicity.. Really? What is the definition of “marriage”? Is it synonymous to carnal gratification? Or is it an attempt to boost ones’ sinking career, like in the case of Eddy Fisher who transferred his yarrmulka from one gentile star (Debbie Reynolds) to another? The SOB! Why did not he insert his rotten abbreviated appendage into a rotten aperture of his own kind!!! The likes of Esther Cohen???!!! BTW. Those bimbos also thought "marrying" into a certain etnicity would promote their careers in a media controlled by certain people. Please join me in singing and dancing to havanagila at her funeral.
It is beyond me how some of us take such silly parlor game s seriously. Those were during times when there was very little entertainment like TV, internet etc. when after a few glasses of oghi people would play those silly games, a contest if you will to armenianize as many celebrities as can be.
Եղիսաբէթ Դերձակեան. First off in the Armenian “tailor/taylor” is not spelled with the letter Տ/T like “tertsakian” but with the letter Դ/D as in դերձակ the “tertsag” is from the furkification of the Armenian word - “terzi”.
The game would go on to such absurdities that Jack Palance‘ real name was Hakob Palangian, that Tony Curtis' Armenian name was Antranig Kartonian, and so on…
We have said it so many times, we will say it again- “When no one else strokes our ‘ego’** we will do it ourselves.
Armenians should find other parlor games like -Is it Տիքռան/ Dick Ran/*** Դիք րէն or ՏիքրանTig Run.
** There are more picturesque and graphic words for this “exercise“.
*** Yes, we know Dick Ran. Did he really run? How far did he go? Into Shamiram’s ****?
http://hyeforum.com/...h=1

Edited by Arpa, 23 March 2011 - 12:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users