16 replies to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

• MosJan and Yervant1 like this

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Onjig! 

All those who still doubt about Urardu being Ararat should watch this video.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Onjig! 
All those who still doubt about Urardu being Ararat should watch this video.

Let us reread this thread
http://hyeforum.com/...14306&hl=ararta

#4 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

No! Let's watch the video, It is well done and is worth more than a thousand words.

#5 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Arpa, I am reading through that thread, it's good. There are many Hyeforum alumni present. Thanks for presenting this.

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

I had promised to not respond to your posts, I will make this a one time exception to set the record straight. You seem to have re-invented the wheel all over again before you peruse the forum to see what has been said before.
Yes by all means, let us watch the video, with a huge grain of salt, Caveat Emptor, Buyer Beware!
The video begins with an excellent onset, what to me initially seemed to be one of the best scientific documents, with archeology and Cuneiform records. But suddenly all of a sudden the bottom fell off, it lost all credibility and revealed that the emperor has no clothes , the so called science turned to Science Fiction and Fable (We love Jules Verne the father of Science Fiction, very entertaining) when at minute 16- on the Bible as a source of schmistory was brought on, that clownish idiot Noah landed on Mount Ararat and he founded the City of Yerevan.
We have had enough Fiction and Fables for over 2000 years. It is time we advanceto the 21st C and talk Science. We need to use our heads, not hetuyqs.
That video seems to be of Russian origin. Do we have serious Armenian Historian?
See what our friend HagopN says about those so called Russian pseudo historian armenologists , the likes of Diakonov and company at # 56 here
http://hyeforum.com/...pic=7851&page=3

Diakonov and Pyotrovski were among those who were commissioned to strengthen thefantastic pan-Turkic claims by weakening Armenian claims. Diakonov has been openly attacked in Russia for his pro-Turkic and, by extension, strongly anti-Armenian biases.

Edited by Arpa, 30 August 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#7 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

Shame on you, talking badly about a close relative of the Armenian people,Noah. Stalin had trouble believing also. Don't take yourself so seriously,  We know you come up with some true and interesting thing, it may take you a while get them out. You're a pretty smart guy, but not always wise.

Be patient with me, I do the same in return.

Arpa, I'm glad you posted the thread, I read much good in it. It was interesting to read what some who once spent time on this forum had to say and how they said it, hope to see them come by again, to this forum. 

Edited by onjig, 31 August 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Arpa it's disingenuous for you to say in the same sentence that it was the best scientific documentary with archaeology and Cuneiform records and buyers beware, and yet you completely disregard all of that and concentrate on the flood story only. Even though you take the flood story fully to be a lie, I take it as a story which is based on a truth but the author took literary freedom an added some imagination. I've seen documentaries done by archaeologists that the sediments around the black sea shows that the great flood did take place without a doubt, as for Noah there is more chance for him to be an Armenian if he is a real person than an Israelite because we know where they lived and where mount Ararat is. Don't forget that the Armenian Highland was the center of civilization and a very important place at the time and because of that it's mentioned in the Holy Bible, hence in the video when they mention the flood story we should not take everything literally but as an influential place that deserved to be included.

On an off topic, it seems you take Onjig as an easy target to pile on just like you did to other members in the past, he might sting you, even if he doesn't because he is a nice guy I will not allow you.

• onjig likes this

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Shame on you, talking badly about a close relative of the Armenian people, Noah.

Shame on me indeed.
Our close relative? Maybe yours. Not mine.
Allow me to explain what I said about that clown noah.
An otherwise excellent documentary about Yerevan was so cheapened and turned to a joke. One of the STUPIDEST JOKES OF ALL TIME, that I have heard so many times to my utter revulsion..
See # 23 here;
http://hyeforum.com/...=2
Can we speak seriously about our culture and history without invoking that joker :jester: noah sandwiched in the middle of an otherwise serious documentary?
Who will tells us the real origin and meaning of Yerevan/Erebuni?
Ill give you hint. In the Assyrian Asi means East/Sunrise/ Asia and Ereb means West/ Erebuni(Europe)?
See # 19 here;
http://hyeforum.com/...reb#entry195962

#10 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Do you through aside all legend carried by the Armenian people. Come forward in time to David Sasoontzi, Father and Uncles introduced me to Ovid also, do you think some of his exploits exaggerated  or do you reject David completely? In the case of Noha, do you feel that maybe there were on the floating container only the animals present in the area of his world, that only his family was there, or do you cast aside entirely what we have said and believed, from father to son, from father to son since before Earaboni, Erebuni, Araboni, Yeravan was built by us, sayin there was no Noha? Have you come to believe that Noah imagined that God instructed him to build the Ark, or do you reject God along with Noha? 

If Arpa, your religion is Atheism and believe in that fairy tail, than it gives an insight as to what you are forced to think by you Faith, it takes great faith to be and atheist. I haven't that that brand of faith, I know our God.

I think that being an atheist, I've read some of your works here, is as close to Islam as any other religion.

The urks call us Gavors what do you call us? Do you think you are smarter than Christian Armenians or do you not understand you are practicing a different religion not so unlike the urks, and that religion causes you to ridicule the Christian Armenian faithful. Your try to separate the Armenians form the Faith and ridicule the faith, that can't be done.

I think you're a smart person, but you don't know what you don't know, and that subtracts from your intelligence as a whole. You aim at the exact spelling of a word a describe the root and origin, while at times seem to lose the meaning.

Arpa, I don't know if you've ever fought, in the street, on the battlefield or in a union hall, but you should pick you battles. Fighting here on the forum, with other Hye, you only weapon being: An I before E except after C............is a waste, or your time and energy as well as ours.

Anush not Abush should be surved.

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

I am not that smart am I? I should have abided by my promise to not respond to you, as you make less and less sense as we go on.
Please define atheist in reference to noah. If you mean I am an atheist for not believing the fable of noah, you are right. I believe in the God of Jesus, not that buffoon portrayed in that book of trash aka the OT.
And as to the myth of noah see where it is plagiarized from. Gilgamsh;
http://www.religious...rg/noah_com.htm
I should abide by my promise to not respond. From now on, Mumss the word.
PS. Please give us a sample of your version of Sassontsi David.
Here is one version w know.
http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=18103
And this
http://www.ebay.com/...=item257a510824

#12 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Greetings Arpa, If you believe in our God, I thank him and you. Sorry but I did need to ask. So, it's the Old testament you have no use for. I read in a post of yours, you saying " that book of lies the bible." and wondered where the hetch you were coming from.

Arpa, I never said nor meant you are not smart. I know you're a smart man and have a good grasp on history, and language to your credit. Some times you start talking about the pronunciation and/or origin of a word to the disruption of what is being said or shown.

I think the story of Noah has it's origin if fact, it isn't important if there was an Aardvark on board. 

As for a promise to not to respond to a post, there is no reason to storm out of the room vowing never to return, that's not the brightest thing to do. I feel free to visit and read what you write and comment if I want and you should also. 

If I were to post in answer to a thread: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, who was the crap head the wrote that?" I expect it would annoy you. Arpa, that's the way you come across at times. entering in rage to accuse and slander, than if something isn't said just the way you like it, you are shocked, hurt and indignant. 

Let's all stand shoulder to shoulder, we are not the enemy. I'll guard you back, don't handle your weapon in an unsafe manor, you could hurt one of ours.

#13 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

As I said before. You are making less and less sense as we go on.
I did not understand one word you said above
Where did you learn English? What is your mother tongue? zimbabweian or diarbakiri?
Me? You may have noticed that I can fluently read, write and speak equally perfectly, English, Armenian and a few others.
Please don-t lock horns with me..
http://www.headbloom...horns_thumb.png
I can read and write in half a dozen languages. Remember reinie/reindeer /yeghjerou? Where, apparently you did not understand a word of what I said, and you viciously attacked me. Please don-t lock horns with me. I can be very nasty. I can gore you and drown you in that leaky dinghy you call noah-s ark **
http://3.bp.blogspot...ctures - 32.jpg
You say fairy tail. The word is TALE/story Please enable your spell-checker.
This isTAIL.
http://morningbrayfa...rnards-tail.jpg
PS. Can you read, write and speak Armenian? Spare me wasting my precious breath, time and energy.
Show us a sample of your Armenian a phrase, sentence or paragraph. And, please write in the Mesropian Alphabet. Like this Ա Բ Գ Դ, or else , speak in your native language.. Armenian does not seem to be one, neither it seems, is English. How about you write in Swahili or Ethiopic Amharic?***
**To refresh our memory ark means box, just like the Armenian word ԱՐԿ/Ղ/arkgh
*** http://hyeforum.com/...=3

Father told me that when in Ethiopia he saw that their alphabet had clearly Armenian looking letters, in most cases representing different sound. I thought it no accident.

BTW. HagopN was born in Addis Ababa via Aleppo (my place of birth) but he writes in impeccable English like Shakespeare., and Armenian like Mashtots.
You may ask how I know English so well? I learned it in Aleppo from America Missionaries, not in Sierra Nevada, Snowy Mountains.. Please tidy up your English or go back to Kindergarten.
****In the words of Isakakian from his masterpiece Abu Lala

«Խարխուլ նաւակով հանձնուիր ծովին, քան թէհավատա կնոջ երդումին .

.. Yield to the sea in a wobbly boat, rather than believe in a woman-s oath.*****
*****Of course, Avetiq was not a misogynic woman hater. He was just quoting Abu Lala the pessimist.

Edited by Arpa, 01 September 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#14 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

As if you make sense, beside self praise there is nothing of interest here to the topic.

#15 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Your greatest danger is to yourself Arpa, nobody is attacking you. Each time you show you face or lift your pen you remove any doubt as to what you are. 

#16 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Thanks Onjig. Very good documentary indeed. While most documentaries I watched on-line about Armenia are worthy in terms of content, most of the time the shortcoming were either with the music, or the sequence and most commonly the narrator. This time is just perfect! Good job for the producers.

#17 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

I'm reposting this because the link is not working.
  • Yervant1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users