#1 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:34 AM

Hey Sip, you like to make fun of the French, but have you seen the latest US flag circulating around the world?

...and there is apparently worse to come. Now if you happened to be the son of that humiliated man, would you not take a gun and kill every American in sight?

#2 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:35 AM

First Evidence of Torture

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:10 AM

Give me a freaking break .. the prisoners here in the US get much worse treatment including daily rapings and being beat up or killed and you want me to feel sorry for a bunch of prisoners of war being paraded around with women's underwear?

Oh boooo hooo hooo how sad.

I just hope this is enough to ruin bush's chances of reelection as he totally pisses me off. tongue.gif

#4 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ May 11 2004, 08:10 AM)
Give me a freaking break .. the prisoners here in the US get much worse treatment including daily rapings and being beat up or killed

Mostly by their fellow prisoners that is.

So you're saying that something like the US Army should follow the example? Just because others do it doesn't make it right. Weren't they the ones preaching freedom and democracy?

#5 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Gurgen May 11 2004 @ 02:24 AM )
Weren't they the ones preaching freedom and democracy?

Well yes. But as Sip pointed out, this is what "freedom and democracy" is all about.

#6 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:35 AM

This isn't the first time the US army has done this. Clearly bullying and torturing is taught to be good. I'm really disgusted, but then again I have been disgusted from the very beginning. Those among you who were screaming "Bomb Iraq!", I hope you're happy. This war is also your war.

#7 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:04 AM

I can hardly get the feel of similar sheer "resentment" if/when something happens to Americans abroad. Somehow it is so totally different, difficult to describe. One would have thought that such wouldn't take place at such scale and under such circumstances. After all, this is the army you are talking about - there has to be some discipline, it has to be better than any police force or what have you. Then again, we saw Amerikanski discipline when they covered Sodamn Insane's statue's head with the Amerikanski flag. dry.gif

#8 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 11 2004, 09:30 AM)
Well yes. But as Sip pointed out, this is what "freedom and democracy" is all about.

I guess you have a point smile.gif

God bless America.

#9 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:38 AM

to feel sorry for a bunch of prisoners of war being paraded around with women's underwear?

....there are more photographs of the same man lying on the ground with a large gash in his leg in a pool of blood: I think thats a little worse then 'parading in woman's underwear'. The British Army has allready addmitted to 30 civilian DEATHS in their custody, presumably from fatigue after being endlessly paraded in women's underwear! mad.gif

After all, this is the army you are talking about - there has to be some discipline, it has to be better than any police force or what have you.

oh there is discipline allright: these reservists are doing exactly what they are told!

#10 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:38 AM

I guess you have a point

I'm afraid so. sad.gif

#11 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Sip May 11 2004 @ 01:10 AM )
you want me to feel sorry for a bunch of prisoners of war being paraded around with women's underwear?

....before I forget, these arnt POWs but people detained after the 'liberation' of Iraq. And I just heard an admission on TV by US officials that 70% are wrongfully detained - and thats their numbers: apparently they just randomly pluck men (and women!) off the streets and administer this sort of punishment. And even if they were POWs they are meant to be under the protection of the Geneva convention: or maybe thats just Bush talking sh!t (again).

#12 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Accelerated @ May 11 2004, 09:51 AM)
....before I forget, these arnt POWs but people detained after the 'liberation' of Iraq. And I just heard an admission on TV by US officials that 70% are wrongfully detained - and thats their numbers: apparently they just randomly pluck men (and women!) off the streets and administer this sort of punishment. And even if they were POWs they are meant to be under the protection of the Geneva convention: or maybe thats just Bush talking sh!t (again).

Wow, crazy facts. I knew about the deaths (from being paraded with women's underwear and fig leaves) but not this much. Also, one has to take note that Bush talking sh!t is repetitive. He's just talking as usual. mad.gif I feel so childish for saying that. unsure.gif
Anyway, this and Guantanamo can't be a coincidence. blink.gif Next time they air American POWs sh!tting in their pants on Al-Jazeera, I better not hear some Amerikanski citing the Geneva Convention's clause on stink control.

#13 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

We are a nation of hypocrites! Christian bible pounding Israeli stanch supporters to heartland Bush war machine fanatics and to top it off we are “spreading democracy”! Total garbage! Guess who got the contracts supplying oil to US forces-Israel! a country without oil-pathetic!

One of Israel's largest oil marketing firms has won a multi-million dollar tender to supply fuel to US troops in Iraq.
According to a IsraelNationalNews.com report, the tender awarded to Sonol gasoline company, along with its foreign partner Morgantown International
In recent years, however, Israel has stepped up its imports from Russia and the Caspian region and now reportedly gets most of its oil from former Soviet states.

#14 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:43 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/3701351.stm

UK troops 'shot harmless Iraqis'

An eye-witness said Hanan Saleh Matrud's death was not an accident
UK troops have killed Iraqi civilians including an eight-year-old girl when they were under no apparent threat, Amnesty International has claimed.
The human rights organisation claims in a report that in "many" cases the deaths of civilians by the British military had not been investigated.

Inquiries have been "secretive" and conducted by Military Police, it adds.

The claims are the latest in string of allegations about the treatment of Iraqis by US and British forces.

Separately on Tuesday the High Court ruled that relatives of 12 Iraqis allegedly killed by UK troops will get a full court hearing into the decision not to hold independent inquiries.

The families want to have the deaths declared a breach of the European Convention on Human Rights, but the UK government says the convention does not apply in Iraq.

Too bad for iraqi civilians, they were hoping for "democracy". Now they learn "human rights" are geographically based in Europe. Nice try.

#15 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Armat May 11 2004 @ 05:18 AM)
One of Israel's largest oil marketing firms has won a multi-million dollar tender to supply fuel to US troops in Iraq. According to a IsraelNationalNews.com report, the tender awarded to Sonol gasoline company, along with its foreign partner Morgantown International

laugh.gif - what about fuel from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and co. or Iraq itself, instead of pumping it to the Black Sea and then shipping it via the Bosphorus (I assume). Efficient Market Hypothesis gone AWOL biggrin.gif

#16 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:40 AM

America is on it's way to quickly becoming the most agressive nation in the world. Scary.

#17 koko

koko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:armenia

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:35 PM

Isn't it already the most aggressive? I felt horrible seeing that pic, who wouldnt hate america for ockupying a coountry and then using torture and murder to control the people there?! mad.gif

Edited by koko, 11 May 2004 - 12:36 PM.

#18 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

#19 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Accelerated @ May 11 2004, 09:51 AM)
And I just heard an admission on TV by US officials that 70% are wrongfully detained - and thats their numbers: apparently they just randomly pluck men (and women!) off the streets and administer this sort of punishment.

90% is the figure from US intelligence officials, being quoted in British media.

#20 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ May 11 2004, 12:40 PM)
America is on it's way to quickly becoming the most agressive nation in the world. Scary.

On it's way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users