#62 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:10 PM

biggrin.gif

Edited by Vigil, 31 May 2004 - 04:33 AM.

#63 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:11 PM

Sorry, Queen, didn't see your post.

#64 loxxsqueen

loxxsqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:20 PM

Are you kidding Vigil. You have the nerve (you are on the hollier than thou horse by the way) to tell people how Armenian they are or not, you think you have the right to justify other peoples existence, including other Arme nians,and then YOU ASK THE QUESTION WHO HAVE I OFFENDED?? What a nerve ....

#65 Vigil

Vigil

BANNED!!!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

biggrin.gif

Edited by Vigil, 31 May 2004 - 04:34 AM.

#66 loxxsqueen

loxxsqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

okay... okay Vigil, just calm down. tongue.gif
I think there's more to life than the silly stuff you say.... Excuse me, I need y to enjoy the rest of my Sunday

#67 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:26 PM

I know I am very badly placed to say this. But please guys don't get personal, and stop those insults. sad.gif

#68 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Vigil @ May 23 2004, 07:35 PM)
Mongrel an insult? ITS THE GOD DAM TRUTH.

LAST TIME I CHECKED THE DEFINITION OF MONGREL IS "THE OFFSPRING OF PARENTS OF DIFFERENT BREEDS".

Breed? Are you talking about dogs and cats or human beings? shocking.gif That is what you are doing like you have been doing for the whole thread, I have no idea why you've been let pass so long - you are reducing ethnicities into "breeds" of "lesser animals"... Are you an insolent (fill-in-the-blanks) or are you a king-size BS'er?

#69 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you guys, but this thread has gone way far. This thread is closed. smile.gif

Edit: The thread we be reopened once it gets cleaned up. So calm down, it's not the end of the world. rolleyes.gif

#70 DreamMaster69

DreamMaster69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Dude @ May 16 2004, 10:21 AM)
to be honest with you I'll say that I woild want all armenians to marry an armenian,but at the same time it's not my responsibility to tell what others to do.I really want to have an armenian wife never know what can future brings,but that is my desire.I have never been in L.A. but I 've heard if i'll go I'll change my mind for having armenian wife,but I don't think so...."WE ARE FEW ,BUT THEY CALL AS ARMENIAN,....LET'S NOT MIX US WITH THEM..

ha,ha ..... first, Armenian is NOT a race ... its a people.
If you all intermarry, you will get funny kids and your people will be even more in danger. Trust me, look in your local villages where cousin has married cousin.
Some of their kids can hardly see straight, are very strange looking and when they have a headache, its not the IQ that is pressuring.
Its not an Armanian thing alone. It happens in lots of local towns/countries. Even in the USA. Look at the "Hill Billies" in the mountain area.

So please, go travel and marry. Bring some fresh blood into the family and your family/people will prevail much, much longer than if you marry a local/cousin.

#71 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ May 16 2004, 02:28 PM)
How is it the truth???? How many "Armenian" women have you met?  Just because your ex wife was like that, doesn't mean all Armenian women are.  Don't tell me your younger girlfriend isn't using you for your money.  rolleyes.gif Pllllllllllease.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

my 2 cents on this issue is that if you for some weird reason attract women who are into money and cars then perhaps it's because that's what you prefer to advertise about yourself...basically try learning about yourself first before putting the blame on the entire humanity wink.gif

#72 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

instead approaching from this perspective(marry armenian or not),
think about it from this perspective, marry whoever that brings out the best in you, in your life's work, and how you treat each other. afterall, that's one of the most important ingriendents for marriage as far as i am concerned.

#73 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (kakachik77 @ Feb 28 2005, 02:57 PM)
my 2 cents on this issue is that if you for some weird reason attract women who are into money and cars then perhaps it's because that's what you prefer to advertise about yourself...basically try learning about yourself first before putting the blame on the entire humanity wink.gif

I agree. I am not a girl, but from my experience with spending time with them,I don't think that girls are all about money. i know this is kind of obvious, but i think they just want to have fun. But i would say that the older they get, the more conservative they become as far as interests in guyz stable/financial assests. I mean as a guy, you definetely have your own life and if she fits in, then look into, she might be worth u'r time.

#74 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:35 PM

what you guys think about "we armenians should marry an armenian"?

I am not against marriages to other nationalities as far as it has something to do with LOVE.
By the way there is a thread here about guys from US marrying girls from Armenia. Why is it closed? tongue.gif

#75 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

Marring into your own culture has one big advantage. No matter where you live you will always feel at HOME! smile.gif

#76 EZ

EZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Mar 21 2005, 04:16 AM)
Marring into your own culture has one big advantage. No matter where you live you will always feel at HOME! smile.gif

That is not true Gamavor. It can very well be that you don't feel at home at all when you marry into your own culture. The reason is that everyone is unique, whatever culture they belong to. So my advice (and I am a very experienced woman) is: look for a person, a human being, not a member of a certain race or culture. The topic starter asked: "is it wrong?" .... this question is rediculous. What could be wrong about liking another person that happens to belong to a different culture? At worst, it could turn out to be the wrong person. No harm done, it's a learning process, just keep on searching until you find the right one.

#77 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:05 PM

great to see you here again Elly. How is your project in the woods of France going?

#78 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (EZ @ Mar 21 2005, 05:46 PM)
That is not true Gamavor. It can very well be that you don't feel at home at all when you marry into your own culture. The reason is that everyone is unique, whatever culture they belong to. So my advice (and I am a very experienced woman) is: look for a person, a human being, not a member of a certain race or culture. The topic starter asked: "is it wrong?" .... this question is rediculous. What could be wrong about liking another person that happens to belong to a different culture? At worst, it could turn out to be the wrong person. No harm done, it's a learning process, just keep on searching until you find the right one.

most Armenians know this, they just don't want to believe in it wink.gif

#79 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

That is not true Gamavor.

Well, at least I provoked you to get out from the deep Breton woods! biggrin.gif

#80 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:27 PM

Well, after reading all of the posts, I'm a little bit shocked and amazed at some of the comments that are made. First of all, I want to comment aobut who should we marry? I agree that if you do get to fall in love with an Armenian, then that's great. However, sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. At the end I don't think it matters who the other person is, as long as that person takes care of you, loves you and is always loyal to you. Marrying a person just because he/she is an Armenian is the biggest mistake that someone can make. I've seen many Armenian marriages succeed, and on the other hand I've seen many fail and end up in abuse, cheating and of course divorce.
Second of all, I really do not appreciate when some Armenians judge other Armenians on how Armenian they are. I've had Hayastanci Armenians tell me that I'm not Armenian just because I was born in Tbilisi. That judgement goes on all the time. That needs to stop. We talk about Muslims, and their hatred towards us, well how about we for once all start liking each other and stop making assumptions. For me personally, I am a pure Armenian and I can read, write and speak Armenian, but that's not good enough to some people.
Regarding the assimilation issue:
I agree with what loxxsqueen wrote. It all depends on the individual. It all depends on how bad that person wants to maintain his/her identity. I've seen people who came here 5 years ago, and they totally forgot where they came from, and I know people who are 2nd and 3rd generation living in US, and they kept their identity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users