#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 10:54 AM

SCIENTISTS DEBATE CLONING

- It may be safer to clone humans than sheep, new research contends, because people don't have a genetic defect implicated in producing oversized offspring.

However, cloning experts cautioned that the finding, published in today's issue of the journal Human Molecular Genetics, does not mean cloning would necessarily be easier in humans.

Scientists don't know all the factors that determine whether cloning succeeds or fails, or how important each factor is.

URL => http://www.latimes.c...s-cloning.story

>>>

i like to know your opinion , i guss this might save lifes.

MOvses

#2 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 15 August 2001 - 11:47 PM

acually we are debating this issue everyday in my psychology class right now.

i haven't completely made up my mind yet.
but i have a lot of points to make on it.

btw, i'm having test tomorrow in the same class and the essay question is:
"assume we can successfully transplant a human brain. would that be ethical?

what do you guys think???

sorry Mos jan that i opened a topic within a topic. but they are interconnected in sense.

#3 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:traveling, reading, science

Posted 15 August 2001 - 02:16 PM

Harut
aper, if the one giving his brain and the one receiving are o.k with that then so be it, from the principle of freedom to decide your own acts and assume their consequences.
Now I know some will say that someone else's brain in your head means your no longer yourself, true, it is equivalent to death because you will no longer be present, true, its just a way of satisfying those around you that don't want to see you die or crippled for life, true, this operation is illegal because it equals killing someone without his consent (because the latter is unable to decide, seriously injured and hours away of phyisically dying) or with his family's approval, true.

Its also true that the principle of technological imperative, which means that when humans master a technology they inevitably use it sooner or later, they will feel obliged to do so, is proven by history and everyday life (specially today).

Conclusion: we can debate this 'dak' subject for hours (with joy!!), but what's the point of knowing wether we should or shouldn't do it if we know we will end up applying it. the ethical question passes to the will of the human being to control his instincts ....

O.K I'll stop, sorry if I passed the permited limits.
:smile:

#4 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 15 August 2001 - 02:46 PM

Human cloning is an excellent idea. If it was possible, I would've had my wife cloned.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 03:45 PM

mj jan lav garapar chi
yete knojt clon anes nshanakum e na el petq e NOR Mama unena 2 Zoqanchneri dzer@ inch es anelu ??? gone es mekin sovorel es tazen inch imanas inch xasyata unenalu

Movses

#6 Armine

Armine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 10:09 AM

MosJan Zonkanchner@ laven en...arants erants inch anekdodner piti patmek?...lol. The more the merrier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users