- - - - -

NBA

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 02:49 PM

New season: favorites and/or commentary?

(betcha didn't think a chick could start a thread like this, did ya?)

Gayane

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 03:13 PM

NBA - No Broads Allowed

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:58 AM

lol, funny, mikey...

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 05:10 PM

see, no one takes this seriously!!!!!! I bet if one of you gentlemen posted it everyone would be all over it...how very sad

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 06:39 PM

I think that Utah Jazz will do good this year. So far they are 4-0, which gives me high hopes. The highlight of the season was the game against LA Lakers. Any Lakers funs out there?

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2000 - 05:38 AM

maybe sacramento they gotta good squad

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2000 - 10:53 AM

A frustrated Laker fan. I'm not ready to call myself a true fan until they get their act together and start playing more like a team. Plus I got really annoyed at their trading Rice, although I do think the Rider acquisition was a great move. I despise Shaq; you don't understand, I hate the man, can't stand him. Kobe rules of course Have you noticed how Jackson's hair turned white after his move to L.A.?? These unruly boys are really getting to him, I can tell.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2000 - 06:59 AM

I think shaq's pretty cool he finally got what he really wanted last season. Yup it would be nice to be him, 7'1'' 330 ibs one of the best b ballers out there, nice crib, nice life .....ohe well I'll just stick to being Alex. hehe

[This message has been edited by Alex Kornev (edited November 21, 2000).]

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 09:19 AM

Alex, what's this with you and the height thing...lol

I'd hate to be any basketball player...I mean that tall...Can you imagine how awkward it must feel to be THAT tall? Everything has to be adjusted to their size.

And I still hate Shaq. I just don't think he's intelligent enough to play good basketball. A lot of people think athletes can be a little on the stupid side and still be athletes; it's almost accepted in our culture. I disagree with that. A good athlete needs to use his brains once in a while, especially in team sports. And I'm sorry, Shaq just doesn't have a brain. Have you ever looked into his eyes? The man is a total dimwit. All he can do is dunk. Ugh!

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 03:38 PM

LOL.....dimwit....LOL well i don't know about a dimwit but he is a good player in my eyes. oh and the height thing...well what can i say i wanna be tall but i aint sweatin it no more the only thing thats separating me and 6'3'' is time....so i don't have to be worried im gonna be tall thats not much of an issue to me anymore(thank the lord above)

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 04:21 PM

imagine being Shaq!!! He's got it all, he is living what u may call "the american dream" whats wrong with being 7'1'' ?? I bet every one wants to be 7'1'' LOL.....j/k

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2000 - 12:25 AM

My vision of the american dream involves intelligence...lol...of which shaq is the master of none...

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2001 - 03:46 PM

Hey, any of you wonder if Vlade Divac, Toni Kukoc and Stojakovic told you they were Armenians without you knowing it, would you believe them. First time I saw them play, they looked very Armenoid in my opinion. Many Yugoslavians and Bulgarians can pass for Armos.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2001 - 07:35 AM

yeah divac has features of one (except the mammoth 7ft1 height)

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2001 - 08:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

And I still hate Shaq. I just don't think he's intelligent enough to play good basketball...The man is a total dimwit. All he can do is dunk. Ugh!

Gayane jan,
It's the same as in the other human meaningless passtime. Some do it using intelligence (maneuvring, passing the "ball", making false movements, teasing the opponent, dribling, pressing...) and the others just dunk it.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2001 - 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hakob:
Hey, any of you wonder if Vlade Divac, Toni Kukoc and Stojakovic told you they were Armenians without you knowing it, would you believe them. First time I saw them play, they looked very Armenoid in my opinion. Many Yugoslavians and Bulgarians can pass for Armos.

Yeah right :)))
i don't think that any of them even a bit look like armenians, though. Slavic people look slavic, total opposite.

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2001 - 02:24 AM

Since I wondered into this section out of boredom I will put in my own two cents

I just can't see the challenge of raising your arm and "placing" the ball in a ring that has a net at the other end. They either need to raise the net or put a height limit on the players

A

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2001 - 02:41 AM

The raising of net is senceless, because the goal of the game is that the ball has to evenually be delivered inside the ring. How it is delivered is totally the business of the players (and the audience ).

Height limit on the players? Some nations practice it.

That's my 2 drams.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2001 - 12:22 PM

While in Salt Lake City last week, I went to my first basketball game in about 30 years. Ya know, it's not a bad sport. Maybe I should go a little more often...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users