• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Nazarian

Nazarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Just an FYI that we have recorded another defeat in the Artsakh issue. The UN passed a resolution condemning Armenia and demanding the recognition of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.

You can read the resolution here:
http://daccessdds.un...pdf?OpenElement

The UN news item here:
http://www.un.org/Ne...ga10693.doc.htm

And this is while the Foreign Minister has abandoned his job and keeps sticking his nose where it doesn't belong - the internal affairs of the country.

#2 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Armenian history, music, sports, politics...the usual stuff.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Nazarian @ Mar 14 2008, 09:42 PM)
Just an FYI that we have recorded another defeat in the Artsakh issue. The UN passed a resolution condemning Armenia and demanding the recognition of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.

The UN news item here:

And this is while the Foreign Minister has abandoned his job and keeps sticking his nose where it doesn't belong - the internal affairs of the country.

It won't affect Artsakh whatsoever. The sham called the UN has plenty of resolutions calling for Armenian withdrawals of so-called "azeri territory" (located outside the NKAO). The Minsk group rejected the bill so it's enough. I mean look at all the countries that vote FOR the bill. Most of the countries are in the Islamic conference, a conference where Armenia is seen in a negative light due to successful "azeri" propoganda and us paying no attention to it. The rest have their own national self-determination problems (such as Abkhazia, Transinesdr etc) Just the sheer number of absents and abstainments is a telling story.

Edited by AK-47, 14 March 2008 - 09:19 PM.

#3 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

I understand why Russia and France did not vote for it, but how come US didn't vote for it too? Isn't their ultimate goal to see NK in Turkish hands, which will suite their agenda in the region?
I am also suprised that Georgia took the Azeri side, although it has back stabbed us before, so not surprise there.

I would love to see Armenia pushing for NK recognition soon. In saying that I do realize that the war would be inevitable then, but perhaps Armenia can start talks towards recognition to scare the hell out of Azeris, even if Armenia won't be pushing for an actual recognition just now.

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Qarabag (Artsax in Russian) -- both its mountainous (Nagorniy in Russian) and lowland parts, economically and politically linked -- had always been a historic province in Azerbaijan.

smile.gif

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (elle @ Mar 14 2008, 10:52 PM)
I understand why Russia and France did not vote for it, but how come US didn't vote for it too? Isn't their ultimate goal to see NK in Turkish hands, which will suite their agenda in the region?
I am also suprised that Georgia took the Azeri side, although it has back stabbed us before, so not surprise there.

I would love to see Armenia pushing for NK recognition soon. In saying that I do realize that the war would be inevitable then, but perhaps Armenia can start talks towards recognition to scare the hell out of Azeris, even if Armenia won't be pushing for an actual recognition just now.

Georgia has sparatist issues, it agreed for the same reasons as Serbia.

#6 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

From the baboons/silly resolution:

He noted that, in 1918, Azerbaijan had proclaimed independence and, guided by the principle of good-neighbourliness, handed over the Azerbaijani Iravan ( Yerevan) Province of the Republic of Armenia. Nevertheless, the newly established Armenian Government had raised claims to other territories, including Nagorny Artsax, over which the Armenian Assembly had formally accepted Azerbaijani rule in 1919.

What a pathetic joke.

#7 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

its very interesting to read this, a Japanese or a Norwegian might ask, where did this people, Armenians come from?

why give much importance of what they think?

#8 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

can someone name a country who broke or dident comply with UN condaming resolutions in its short period of existence then any other country?

429 resolutions against a country and still counting, how many resolutions have been passed against Armenia?

read here

#9 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Nazarian @ Mar 14 2008, 06:42 PM)

The UN news item here:

So be it! What are they gonna do now-start a new war? We are ready for it, let them come.
No western country has voted for that resolution. All the countires that voted in favour of the resolution(just like Ak said) are members of Islamic conference.

#10 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:19 AM

The most important countries, France, the US and Russia voted against the resolution. All the other important ones like the UK, Israel (to my surprise!) and the rest didn't cast a vote.
Only the few countries with the same issues going on in their backyard and the Muslim or insignificant states.

Maybe this isn't a defeat after all because we have no serious major power agains the resolution...I am even glad that the rest didn't even bother to vote or they were absent. I say that it is definitely not a defeat, plus it kind of shows how the world sees the Artsax issue to our advantage.

#11 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:49 AM

Now is the time for the armenian government to stop the negotiation process and demand from the international community to force the azeris to pay for the cultural genocide. Also, let's not forget March 16 is the day when Joseph Stallin gave Nakihjevan to the azeris. Let's use the opportunity to raise the questiion of the Armenian Genocide by the azeri turks.

#12 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (elle @ Mar 14 2008, 08:52 PM)

QUOTE (elle @ Mar 15 2008, 01:19 AM)
The most important countries, France, the US and Russia voted against the resolution. All the other important ones like the UK, Israel (to my surprise!) and the rest didn't cast a vote.
Only the few countries with the same issues going on in their backyard and the Muslim or insignificant states.

are you really that (meghm asats) naive or you just act like one?

#13 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Harut @ Mar 15 2008, 04:05 AM)
are you really that (meghm asats) naive or you just act like one?

Are you really that (megm asats) SMART ... or you just act like one?

Edited by elle, 15 March 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#14 elle

elle

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:12 AM

You're right actually..I am very naive & that's megm asats.
You got me there!
Bravo

#15 crusader1492

crusader1492

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

As long as Armenia has Vanuatu on its side, no harm can be done.

I believe the people of this island nation are descendants of ancient Armenia...thus "Van-Urartu"

#16 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:48 AM

If I'm not mistaken this is a nonbinding resolution.

As I said it has no power!

UN PASSES RESOLUTION ON SITUATION IN OCCUPIED PARTS OF AZERBAIJAN

ITAR-TASS
March 14 2008
Russia

UNITED NATIONS, March 14 (Itar-Tass) - Following an initiative of
the Azerbaijani delegation, the UN General Assembly has endorsed
a resolution titled on the situation on the occupied territories
of Azerbaijan.

The document was supported by delegations of 39 countries, while 7
countries voted against it and another 100 countries abstained from
voting, said Janos Tisovszky, the press secretary of the General
Assembly' s President.

The resolution voices grave concern over the continuing armed
conflict in Azerbaijan's enclave of Nagorny Karabakh, which is mostly
populated by ethnic Armenians, saying it continues to pose threat
to international peace and security and affects the humanitarian
situation in the countries of Southern Caucasus.

The resolutions endorsed by the General Assembly are advisory documents
and do not have the power of international laws unlike the resolutions
passed by the UN Security Council.

Edited by Yervant1, 15 March 2008 - 10:03 AM.

#17 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Let's go Baboons!!! Worsen relations, come on!

--------------------

Azerbaijan warns France, Russia, US over UN vote: report

BAKU (AFP) — Azerbaijan warned it would review relations with France, Russia and the United States on Saturday after they voted against a UN resolution calling on Armenia to pull out of Azerbaijani territory, Russia's Interfax news agency reported.

The three co-chairs of the Minsk Group set up to resolve the conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the enclave of Nagorny Artsax "have put themselves in a difficult situation," Azerbaijani Deputy Foreign Minister Araz Azimov told journalists in Baku.

"The UN resolution is a serious message to Armenia and a warning for the co-chairs," he said. "We will cooperate with them on the basis of their position in the UN General Assembly."

The General Assembly on Friday passed a non-binding resolution demanding the "immediate, complete and unconditional" withdrawal of all Armenian forces from Azerbaijan's territory in a vote in which more than 100 countries abstained.

France, Russia and the United States voted against, arguing that as mediators they had to remain neutral. Four other countries also voted against the resolution, which was passed by 39 countries voting in favour.

The Russian foreign ministry criticised the resolution in a statement issued Saturday, saying that its "basic principles ... meet only the interests of Azerbaijan."

Armenian forces seized control of Nagorny Artsax and seven surrounding regions from Azerbaijan in the early 1990s, in a war that claimed an estimated 30,000 lives and forced about a million people to flee their homes.

Source: http://afp.google.co...QxqW2F1qEVMrXog

#18 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

UN resolution: India ‘upset’ Baku

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ “The Azerbaijani Embassy had been carrying out strenuous work to dissuade India from voting against the resolution on Nagorno Artsax, or, at least, abstain, Azeri Ambassador to India Tamerlan Karayev said.

“However, this country did not lend an ear to our arguments,” he said.

“We were cherishing plans for cooperation. Unfortunately, India spoiled everything. Presently, the Azerbaijani Embassy in Delhi is waiting for MFA instructions. Afterwards, the official position of Baku will be brought to notion of the Indian side,” he said.

“This move upset us and it will certainly affect the Azerbaijani-Indian relations,” he said, 1news.az reports.

On 14 March, with 39 votes in favor, 7 against and 100 abstentions the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution on Nagorno Artsax, in which Azerbaijan called for the immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian forces “from all the occupied territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”

In favor: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Colombia, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Georgia, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

Against: Angola, Armenia, France, India, Russian Federation, United States, Vanuatu.

Source: http://www.panarmeni.../eng/?nid=25378

#19 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (AK-47 @ Mar 15 2008, 08:59 AM)
Let's go Baboons!!! Worsen relations, come on!

--------------------

Azerbaijan warns France, Russia, US over UN vote: report

aliyev junior lost the touch with the reality. I'm sure U.S. will punish him just like they did to the Shah of Iran and Saddam-after him. Let him dig his own grave.

#20 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Aratta-Kingdom @ Mar 15 2008, 03:35 PM)
aliyev junior lost the touch with the reality. I'm sure U.S. will punish him just like they did to the Shah of Iran and Saddam-after him. Let him dig his own grave.

Punish a multi-billion worth petro-dollars? What, are you kidding? The US opposed because of the mediation, nothing more. What comes out funny here is that Azerbaijan thought a second that India will support them while witnissing once more Pakistan hypocritical support for such things when the Kashmir issue has yet to be settled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users