1 reply to this topic

#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

take somebody for granted to not show that you are grateful to someone for helping you or that you are happy they are with you, often because they have helped you or been with you so often One of the problems with relationships is that after a while you begin to take each other for granted. See also: grant, taketake something for granted

to expect something to be available all the time and forget that you are lucky to have it We take so many things for granted in this country - like having hot water whenever we need it. See also: grant, take

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Grant is give, not take.

take somebody for granted to not show that you are grateful to someone for helping you or that you are happy they are with you, often because they have helped you or been with you so often One of the problems with relationships is that after a while you begin to take each other for granted. See also: grant, taketake something for granted

to expect something to be available all the time and forget that you are lucky to have it We take so many things for granted in this country - like having hot water whenever we need it. See also: grant, take

“Granted” means “given,/gifted” Նուիրեալ nvirial ՏվեալՏուեալ/tvyal.
When one says “granted” it means it is “given”. i.e there is no argument about it. It is given/granted to us by those who may know more than we do.
And while at it let us also see what "grateful/grazia/shnorhakal/շնորհակալ" means. i.e "receiver of your graces"?
In the Latin "gratis" means "free" as in given with no charge.

Edited by Arpa, 03 January 2011 - 04:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users