• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Are you a spectator/nominal Christian or one who has become a citizen of Kingdom of God and a subject of king Jesus Christ?

In order to become a citizen the requirement is to "born of the Spirit" of God, the Spirit of Jesus Christ (John 3:8), this is a MUST: "You must be born again" (John 3:7). The Holy Spirit is your passport to Heaven.

My father and grandfather were nominal Christians. My father went to Armenian apostolic church only on holidays of Christmas and Easter, but he had a big Armenian Bible at home and he read from it almost everyday after coming back from work. As to my maternal grandfather I have never saw him going to church or reading the Bible, but one day when he was sick and old, and I was just a child, I saw him reading aloud the tiny pamphlet or prayer mini-booklet the "Havatov Khosdovaneem (I Confess with Faith)" of Nerses Shnorhali. He must have been doing that secretly in his life and that was the only time I caught him reading and reciting it; soon after his death that tiny booklet was all I had as inheritance from him, actually he did not give it to me but I was beside his deathbed and after he passed away I pocketed that booklet.

My mother, bless her soul, went to church often, even when there was no church service. Whenever as a child I gave her headaches she put a scarf over her head and run into the empty church praying on her knees in a corner. Often I followed her and saw her in that situation as she praying to Jesus and begging Him to make me wise and not give her heartaches, she even gave and dedicate me to Jesus as His child and not her own.

Neither my father, nor grandfather, ever felt the closeness and reality of God in their life and the world is full of such Christians by name or title only. The real Christian is one who is Born-Again. The closeness and reality of God enters into your life only after you are Born-Again.

Unless one is Born-Again and knows Jesus Christ, it does not matter in what denomination he is born physically first into, he will not enter the Kingdom of God and become one of its citizens. Born-Again is a new birth, it's brand new experience. If someone does not this experience HE DOES NOT HAVE LIFE, he is in the category of being "spiritually dead" and not alive in the Spirit of God having personal relationship with Jesus with the manifestation of the Presence of God in his life.

You have to experience Jesus Christ, He comes unto your heart and takes over your life if you invite Him; He becomes your lord, you can not be complete unless you make Jesus your boss.

Here is a video about the coming of the Holy Spirit unto your life to make you Born-Again in Christ Jesus:

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

The burning question is.
WHAT KIND OF CHRISTIAN ARE YOU?
Do you read the Gospels in the original or what some false prophet says about it?
See what Jesus said about false prophets.
Among many.

Matt.7
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matt.24
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
=====
http://pastorhistori...matthew-715-20/
http://www.ucg.org/d...d-deceive-many/

It is curious that you air a video about Kathryn Kuhlman, to assume that you are a disciple of her.
http://en.wikipedia....Kathryn_Kuhlman

Following a 1967 fellowship in Philadelphia, Dr. William A. Nolen conducted a case study of 23 people who claimed to have been cured during her services.[3][4][5][6] Nolen's long term follow-ups concluded that there were no cures in those cases. One woman who was said to have been cured of spinal cancer threw away her brace and ran across the stage at Kuhlman's command; her spine collapsed the next day, according to Nolen, and she died four months later.[7][8][7][9]
By 1970 she moved to Los Angeles conducting faith healing for thousands of people each day as an heir to Aimee Semple McPherson.[10] She became well-known despite, as she told reporters, having no theological training.[
---------
Controversy=For several decades there has been serious debate regarding the authenticity of Kathryn Kuhlman's ministry. Some would suggest that she was a modern day prophet exercising the power of God, whereas others would suggest that she was a false prophet, exercising a "spirit" that masqueraded as God. The debate continues today with proponents of the "Prosperity Theology" & "Faith Healing" movement, such as Benny Hinn, upholding Kuhlman as an important forerunner, but with some Christian apologists, such as [19] Hank Hanegraaff of the Christian Research Institute, considering Kuhlman to be an influential forerunner of a false Christianity that robs people of their money and propagates a distorted substitute of true Christian teachings,,,

#3 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Jesus' Prayer To Be Saved from the evil of lies:

Dear Jesus, help me.

I am drowning in tears of sorrow.

My heart is confused.

I do not know who I can trust.

Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit, so that I can choose the correct path to Your Kingdom.

Help me, dear Jesus, to always remain true to Your Word, given to the world by Peter and to never deviate from what You taught us or deny Your death on the Cross.

Jesus, You are the Way.

Show me the Way.

Hold me and carry me on Your journey of Great Mercy. Amen.

Edited by man, 30 July 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#4 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

P.S. The Holy Spirit of Jesus is given not to perfect people, not to ones without sins; on the contrary He is given or poured on such sinful people in order to take their sins away and make them fit to stand before God. While they are in the process of being cleansed by the Spirit of Jesus and made perfect in love, love of God & to others, THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH JESUS & HIS SPIRIT TO SPREAD HIS TEACHINGS AND PREACH THE GOSPEL.

There are many healings, some are false, but some are real but the symptoms of the sickness in most cases keep coming back (if not the sickness) and when the symptoms are felt again the patient think wrongly in this faithless generation "Oh, no! my sickness is back" and the evil spirit of sickness makes entrance again into the patient thru that thinking of the sickness has come back; the correct way for the patience is to fight back for the healing he got with faith in Jesus and NOT faith in the human preacher person.

This does not mean that there are no false healers as in America the money is king and God to many pretenders.

On the other hand most real preachers to not give up everything they got (as Jesus requires) to follow Him in service, they keep their attachments and fondness to things in this world while serving Jesus.

As To Katherin K., she is real but not perfect in the sense that she is not able to repeat only what Jesus or the Holy Spirit says to her, she adds things of her own and of her own mind beside what Jesus is saying and acts like she is in a theater, and that is were she failed I think, but I am not sure since I am not fan of her or listened or studied her messages --but that video poped up in YouTube and after listening I was convinced she is giving the right words about being Born-Again and about the Holy Spirit. So take the message and forget about the messenger --JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY REAL TRUTH ONE! Invite Him (not the preachers or priests or religions) to come into your heart to make you a Born-Again new creature in Christ Jesus.

#5 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

The concept of "being born again" in a way is very Un-Christian. In practical terms it is a license to do whatever ungodly act one may think of and then come clean. I'm not surprised that so-many people need such "cleansing".

The Holy Spirit of Jesus is given not to perfect people, not to ones without sins

We Armenians are on the safe side then:)))

#6 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

As long as you do not have the Resurrection Power of Jesus in work and in action in your spirit which come by being Born-Again when you receive the baptize in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit send by Jesus to be in you after accepting Christ as your personal savior and invite Him into your heart, YOU ARE NEVER NEVER NEVER ON THE SAFE SIDE! You even run the risk, of your spirit (the real you), ending in suffering in hell.

This baptism is not only for the priests in some religion system --It is for ordinary people also. God has been pouring His Spirit upon ALL ALL ALL flesh, that is upon everybody, since the Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus Christ, however this is not something for forever, it's for a limited time, the sooner you act the better or you will miss it and you will cry rivers because you have missed it. You have to take the GIFT of God now NOT because you merited it or have been a good boy (your righteousness is zero on front of God) rather what Jesus did for you, what God did for you by His Son. All is recorded in the New Testament, learn your lessons and act!

#7 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Can we please keep the discussion on the doctrines, history and  values of religion not for preaching thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users