Photo

Bizarre

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:43 PM

How could the Armenians still kiss US ass, and be treated like this ? We must face it, with our insignifiant number, and a country land locked without oil, even if we could spend billions its a worthless case against a backward country like Turkey, that has access to every ressources and is a key ally of the US, that will do everything possible to harm Armenia in every way possible.

We must stop expecting from the US, there is nothing to gain, this "nation" has no pride, sorry Thoth.

#22 sen_Vahan

sen_Vahan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:03 PM

The registration of arm citizens..... What it means guys? Are we on the same list with terrorist countries now?? This is strange , usually OISS in universities report all these things but I did noit receive anything yet about that.
I am lucky I did not go home for the vacations I might not be able toc come back

#23 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:09 PM

Dear Martin, I looked all over the new including the state department and INS websites and was unable to find any mention of this news. Would you by any chance have a clue where ANCA got this info from?

#24 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Domino:
How could the Armenians still kiss US ass, and be treated like this ? We must face it, with our insignifiant number, and a country land locked without oil, even if we could spend billions its a worthless case against a backward country like Turkey, that has access to every ressources and is a key ally of the US, that will do everything possible to harm Armenia in every way possible.

We must stop expecting from the US, there is nothing to gain, this "nation" has no pride, sorry Thoth.

I agree with Domino and Gamavor, I can't wait until I've moved out of this damned country.

#25 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:36 PM

No idea, Azat. I just received an email from them, and posted it.

#26 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:38 PM

quote:
So which Armenian still support the republicans,

I do.

quote:
that I can come and spank him.
Now, with this "spanking business," lately… is it what it looks it is? If yes, I know some people who can open a whole new perspective for you, Domino.

#27 wh00t

wh00t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:43 PM

Seems like Hagarag was right all along. At least this time we can't accuse Bush of lying to us.. after all, he is "taking care of the Armenians".

#28 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:52 PM

Thoth you know what is your problem besides being an American?

Your problem is that you have never traveled around the world, because if you did than you should know what is freedom. Freedom is not eating McDonalds and drinking Coca-Cola and pretending that you are the coolest of the coolest. Neither freedom is something that is encrypted in the Constitution and than Exxon-Mobiles and alike, limits it for "public interest", because after some time the same "public interest" is the alter-ego of the respective private interest and the ugly embryo of the two is called the beginning of a totalitarian state.

#29 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:14 PM

Sorry Martin, I have learned the word spanking months ago, and use it because the sound of it makes it like an intellectual word. When I have nothing to say, I just say it to sound intelligent. As for the new perspectives, I'm not ready to take Hagarags place.

How can you still believe those republicans ? I imagine now the Turkish press having something to put in their mouths for years to come.

#30 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:20 PM

quote:

How can you still believe those republicans ? I imagine now the Turkish press having something to put in their mouths for years to come.

I don't believe netiher republicans nor you, Domino. But I share most of their values.

Now, maybe you have to also explain to me what do the republicans have to do with the issue at hands? Did you see any "republican" word in that material?

#31 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
quote:

I don't believe netiher republicans nor you, Domino. But I share most of their values.

Now, maybe you have to also explain to me what do the republicans have to do with the issue at hands? Did you see any "republican" word in that material?

Here we come, here is my first class results. I admit my ignorance of US politics. Another thing, you do not believe me, like you do not believe the republicans ? Is that mean that you consider me as a poltician ? Then why being so slow of writing my recommendation letter to become a politician, when I satisfy the first rule of how being a politician(that is to not be believed).

#32 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:31 PM

quote:

Here we come, here is my first class results. I admit my ignorance of US politics. Another thing, you do not believe me, like you do not believe the republicans ? Is that mean that you consider me as a poltician ? Then why being so slow of writing my recommendation letter to become a politician, when I satisfy the first rule of how being a politician(that is to not be believed).[/QB]

Domino,

1. Speak simple language not a convoluted one. (You suck at expressing convoluted thoughts. )

2. Don't talk about things which you don't know or you don't know enough;

3. Do you understand now why was I reluctant to offer you a position in my administration?

#33 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
quote:

Here we come, here is my first class results. I admit my ignorance of US politics. Another thing, you do not believe me, like you do not believe the republicans ? Is that mean that you consider me as a poltician ? Then why being so slow of writing my recommendation letter to become a politician, when I satisfy the first rule of how being a politician(that is to not be believed).

Domino,

1. Speak simple language not a convoluted one. (You suck at expressing convoluted thoughts. )

2. Don't talk about things which you don't know or you don't know enough;

3. Do you understand now why was I reluctant to offer you a position in my administration? [/QB]

Note taken, I'll try, I think the second one is the easiest, but one and three are harder, because they require more prespicasity, and you know how I am lazy.

#34 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:48 PM

quote:
...prespicasity... [/QB]

What a word...

#35 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 03:55 PM

You see how lazy I am, I meant to say perspicacity.

#36 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 04:04 PM

quote:
You see how lazy I am, I meant to say perspicacity.

I am not referring to the spelling. Most frequently, when I read my own post, I feel outraged by my on spelling errors. I am still referring to simplicity.

#37 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 04:22 PM

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

#38 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 04:28 PM

quote:
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Speak simple language. Use simple words. Structure your sentences as crisply as possible.

Got to go.

#39 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 14 December 2002 - 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gamavor:
Thoth you know what is your problem besides being an American?

Your problem is that you have never traveled around the world, because if you did than you should know what is freedom. Freedom is not eating McDonalds and drinking Coca-Cola and pretending that you are the coolest of the coolest. Neither freedom is something that is encrypted in the Constitution and than Exxon-Mobiles and alike, limits it for "public interest", because after some time the same "public interest" is the alter-ego of the respective private interest and the ugly embryo of the two is called the beginning of a totalitarian state.

Well Gams - your entirely wrong there - I am fairly well traveled - mostly in Europe and Central America I admit - but enough to have a perspective on things.And I have many non-American frineds and contacts - I am very aware of things outside the US "enclave". And contrary to your assertions I don't buy into most of the norms about what is cool or (fast food/corporate) values etc. I think you and many others fail to relise that there are a great many Americans who can think for themselves and are not entirely bought in to the dominant society - and it has nearly always been so. So you are very wrong in your (entirely ignorant) portrayl of / ideas about me.

Just the same - the Constitution of the US is an incredible document - and those who founded our nation were incredible people - the likes of which I see very few of in the world today. I believe that you have an incredible blind spot towards the tremendous good that the US and much of its history represents in the world (and obviously just don't have a clue about what freedom and enlightenment really are) - and I certainly don't reject or ignore/discount that there are and have been great shortfalls and problems as well with this nation - towards its own people and vis a vis others. Still ist is the best in the worlkd - verall - IMO. (though I do admit to sometimes getting bvery frustrated/disgusted by certain things...)

And I do not see unbridled capitalism as the do all and end all - obvioulsy - IMO - and find fault with many aspects of current US corporate culture - but even with all of the coruption and the corporate influence etc - common people do also have influence (and true rights) here - nmopre so then anywhere else.

All that being said the US is a great nation (with many faults certainly) - and I believe that 10 years or more from now you will most likely still be living here (prosperously) - perhaps bitching all the while (so FU! LOL)...and I certainly don't ever expect to see Tigrannes leaving his creature comforts and assimilated lifestyle - yeah right - talk talk talk - (...about being sheltered...LOL). Both of you have much to learn about life I think. Just wait till you have a family to provide and care for. I have spoken to many Europeans and others who have moved here to the states - just for the job I think - but no - they describe the security and comfort of life here and the facilities and activities for children - etc - things that are important when one has a family - and after all - what is life truly about?

#40 Rubo

Rubo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Art & Armenian issues

Posted 14 December 2002 - 10:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MJ:

Last time I checked the president of the United States was republican and in my “simple” reasoning the president sets the agenda of the administration!
The ironic twist about this whole affair is the exclusion of Azerbaijan, which according to CIA does harbor terrorist cells and continues to do so but ironically nothing happens to Azerbaijan hmmm even my six-year-old son can deduce why? Oil! Dick Chaney oil connections runs deep and Bush agenda is clearly projected as to what is really important about Iraq and Middle East. I am neither a republican nor a democrat but it shocks me that one can be ignorant to the point of supporting the very party, which works against Armenian’s interests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users