Attached File  DSC01073.JPG   131.6KB   12 downloads

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

wan editing a post that did not show Armenian please copy your text first - then enable HTML and Paste your Text

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

After the update our translit is not showing - you can access the translit at this link http://hyeforum.com/translit.php

#6 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Merci Mos jan

Edited by Zartonk, 15 October 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#7 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Garo,Sip jan, can you guys recommend a good SSD drive 256 or 512gb?

Thanks in advance, I'm almost running out of storage on my workstation

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't know much specifics about SSD .. I just got whatever came in my laptop (lenovo thinkpad). It's been a long time since I bought any serious computer hardware other than laptops ... but for hard drives, I just get Western Digital Green since I neither need speed or any crazy reliability (just cheap, low power, cool, and very little noise) for my home theater PC. Maybe one day I'll convert to SSD but still too expensive for me.

#9 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I haven't bought any SSD either but my thinkpad came with it and it does make a big difference in speed. I've heard Samsung SSDs are pretty good for the price you pay. Intel and some other brands may perform slightly better but they cost (a lot) more. You could get 128Gb or 256Gb and use it as your primary drive to make the whole system run faster and use much larger SATA drive to store your project files.
If you have raid primary drive then you're looking at buying 2 SSDs and 512Gb may get too expensive.

#10 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

WHY DO YOU GUYS MAKE OUR LIVES SO MISERABLE?
Dear Goro, MosJan et al .
Why did you guys feel the urge and the need to screw up the existing system. How do I love thee, Let me count the ways.

http://www3.amherst....unttheways.html

Let us reverse it and recite as How do I Hate Thee.. Let me count the ways, for screwing up the HyeForum format.
Dear Garo, did you test this “new and improved” format before you launched it? Did you see how it appears at the HyeForum? To see how us the “cyber klutzes “ will cope? Yeah Yeah. we know “activate HTML” my ass. Why is not HTML activated in the beginning as a rule when us IDIOTS write in Unicode?
Why do we have to stand up on our heads, perform acrobatics to get our message across?

Where are the quotes and separated responses to them?
What the hell underlining responses mean?
Is that a new way to separate the original from the response?
Seems like even our veterans like Johannes have not yet mastered the trick.
I don’t underline my posts except when I intend to emphasize a point.
WHERE HAVE ALL OUR BETTER MEMBERS GONE??!!

Edited by Arpa, 21 October 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#11 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Arpa the time you have wasted on your post would be enough to check 'activate HTML' option in your next hundred posts. And for an IDIOT that you claim you are I think you're doing pretty well as I see you're already posting in Armenian in other forums. I do upgrades when I think it's time to do so for security and functionality reasons and I don't think you're qualified to advise on either one. You can either get adjusted to the new look/functionality or hit Sign out link and find another place to post.

#12 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Dear Garo, I don’t think I understood the gist and the intent of your above message .
1. Security reasons?
2. Me writing in “other forums”? I not only don’t write in other forums, I seldom visit them, except some news sites. I don’t even respond at those sites, even if often the news as a rule may be very disturbing. I don’t write many e-mails, except to immediate family and friends. I don’t send PMs either, as my motto is - to not say it in private that I cannot say in public.
3. I think I will heed to your advice and stop posting here, something I have been mulling over for quite sometime as I can see very little thought provoking and stimulating posts. I may reconsider when I see our better writers, specially those who can write in Armenian, to not name names.
4. I will not write in Armenian anymore, I am getting weary of this charade. First we had to learn how to write in KD-Win, then NLS, later in Unicode, and finally this heap of rubbish. How many times have the English, the French, the Russians, Arabs and even that farcical Farsi not to mention those furks changed their systems?
Mashtots invented our Alphabet centuries before those aforementioned could even speak.
What is our problem? One private system for every 8 million, no less than 2 million of us?
I am running out of patience. I will try and abstain from participating in this forum, until maybe some day, once again we get back to Armenian culture, not copy and paste from furkish news rags. The Armenian news media are so boringly repetitious and disturbing to say the least. We see the same stale news over and over ad nauseam and ad infinitum. Except when the likes of Eddie Arnavoudian brings us little known obscure facts about our immortals. Btw, he stopped posting here when he got no response and appreciation. .
Sad so say that this forum has regressed back to the Neanderthal Era. At one time we would gain new members, many attracted by my posts. How many new members have we gained of late?

Edited by Arpa, 23 October 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#13 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

1. The software we're using on this website is one of the best available in the market, however, when we don't keep it up to date it gets more and more vulnerable to cyber attacks as more hackers discover security flows and try to exploit it.
2. By other forums I meant other sections of this message board such as Litarature, etc.
3. I would do the same.
4. Other than latin alphabet based languages all others have their own issues and they've gone through the same ASCII/Unicode standards. It doesn't make sense to have so many keyboard choices for Armenian but it's nothing new. If you enable Armenian language support on your computer you can choose the keyboard layout you like and post on this forum in Armenian. Editing is not as easy and if I get some time I'll try to come up with something to make it easier and restore the button to translit utility.

#14 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

ok Arpa papik

if you wish to post and see phrase, a sentence, a paragraph begins and where it ends

you can do this

enter text in Armenian - Հայերեն

enter text in Armenian

Attached Files

#15 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Garo has  made a  new  update, looks  like  The  Problem of  posting in Armenia  is no more ..

please test to post in  armenian  then  Send  yoru  Thenk You  MSg  to Master Garo ....

Garo jan Shnorhakal em 

#16 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Հայերեն

Հայերեն

Հայերեն

#17 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

:ap: Ի խորոց սրտից, խորին երախտիքս մեր Սպարապետ Կարօին եւ Հազարապետ Մովսէսին: Երեւի վերաջապէս , իմ անդադար բողոքները պտուղ բերեցին:
Յուսամ հիմա մեր Հայերէն գրող բարեկամները կրկին կը մասնակցին: :ap:

PS. I will write this in Latin to see that one does not corrupt the other.

#18 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Sorry Arpapapik i can't  take any  credit whatsoever . It's all Garo :ap:

Garo jan Thank you ..  At  last   Arpa  will not be  bugging me  :angryfire:

#19 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!