Photo

I feel like I知 an honorary Armenian: Serena Williams

honorary armenian serena williams honorary armenian: serena wil armenian: serena williams

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

https://horizonweekl...erena-williams/

I feel like  I’m an honorary Armenian: Serena Williams

serena-1.jpg

Tennis star Serena Williams has said that she has been learning about Armenians and their culture ever since she married Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian who has Armenian roots.

According to a report by Tennis World, Williams also spoke about her Armenian influence in life: “I’m learning a little bit every day. Well, not every day, that’s not true.

“I’m learning a little bit as time goes on. Yesterday Alexis was talking about how Armenians are, the culture, lots of self-made, a lot of business people. They have this aspect. It’s fun. It’s interesting. As I said, I feel like I’m an honorary Armenian because of my husband and daughter.

“Everyone that I see that is Armenian is super proud of me. It’s like, Wow, this is kind of cool. It’s really always good to learn new and different cultures.”

The holder of 39 Grand Slam titles said earlier that she loves how proud Armenians are: “I am planning to go over there, do not know if this year or next year, it is going to be fun!”

Ohanian, who famously co-founded social media site Reddit in 2005, and then sold it 16 months later to Conde Nast, making him a multi-millionaire at the age of 23, met Williams’ at a café in Italy in 2015. Two years later, the couple announced they were having a baby and were married shortly after the birth of their daughter.

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 10:48 AM

pngBClfcUhPNT.png
Feb 16 2023

‘They Tried to Bury Us’ – Serena Williams’ Husband Alexis Ohanian Displays Emphatic Armenian Pride After Looking at ‘Tall’ Daughter Olympia
Published 02/15/2023, 6:35 PM EST

png33fXq3LdIN.png

Alexis Ohanian is a proud father and husband of Serena Williams. For the unversed, he is of Armenian descent and shares about his pride in his heritage with his fans whenever he can. The co-founder of Reddit is very active on social media. He frequently shares his daily life on Instagram and Twitter. A recent post reaffirmed this fact, and his fans reminded him of his Armenian roots in the comment section.

Ohanian was born in New York, but his grandparents came from Armenia as refugees. His mother was German, but Ohanian has stayed strong to his Armenian roots.

Serena Williams’ husband reminded about his strong Armenian ‘genes’

In a recent post on Instagram, Alexis Ohanian, husband of Serena Williams, posted a picture of him with his parents and daughter, standing on the golf course.

He captioned the post as well. He said that he had a great time ‘Putting’ with Olympia and that they made the courses with finesse. There was also a funny remark on the caption that addressed the man behind designing the golf course. It was none other than the golf legend, Tiger Woods himself.

Ohanian wrote, “Fantastic day of putting with @OlympiaOhanian and my folks ⛳️ @popstroke is well executed @tigerwoods — I have some feedback on the app tho .

However, the comment section turned to a different light after one user left a comment about his family.

The user said that the genes of the Ohanian lineage are strong. @Thenewwife commented: “Ohanian genes are quite strong”. The comment prompted Ohanian to reply about the tragedy of the Armenian genocide. “ they tried to bury us but we’re seeds,” signifying that even after the tragedy, people of Armenian descent will thrive as they did.

This wasn’t the first time Ohanian was reminded of Armenian roots

While Alexis Ohanian is proud of his roots, Joe Manganiello, husband of Sofia Vergara, further inspired him to explore them. Manganiello tried to get in touch with his roots in the PBS genealogy show ‘Finding Your Roots’. After reading the post about it on Twitter, it inspired Ohanian to do the same

Watch this story – ‘Hold on to Your MAMA’- Alexis Ohanian Gets Called Out for Setting Up a Hilarious Trap for Serena Williams and Olympia

Ohanian is a proud grandson of Armenian immigrants and a proud father to his daughter. He has appreciated his roots and will probably attempt to familiarize Olympia with his background.

https://www.essentia...ughter-olympia/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users