. Mass Baptism Held In Yerevan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2000 - 10:58 PM

. Mass Baptism Held In Yerevan
YEREVAN (Armenpress)—The All-Armenian Shiraz charitable organization that involves families with many children, and the Organization for Protection of Children's Rights are planning to baptize 2001 children as part of the events devoted to 1700th anniversary of Christianity adoption by Armenians to be marked next year.

The first ceremony, that was held on October 14 in the Yerevan central square, involved 301 children who were baptized by godfather Alexander Givoyev, the chairman of the Organization for Protection of Children's Rights.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2000 - 11:15 PM

lol..el ban u gorts chunen anelu erexaen knkum....i wonder how much they charged those poor parents...

(i surprise even myself sometimes with my contempt for religion, sorry guys )

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2000 - 11:24 PM

Barev
GAyane jan chgitem vorkan sakayn vstah em shat aveli kich kan te LA-HAykakan-yekeretsiner@.
Harsanik - $650 + dzer srtabox nverner@
k@nunk -( m@k@rtutyun) $500 + dzer srtabox nverner@
vat arjekner chen ha ?

chgitem um hamar vonts sakayn Yerexaneri k@nkel@ indz hamar mets irorutyun e .

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2000 - 04:29 PM

Gayane,

I thought I was cynical about $$$ and religion. You take the cake! Keep up the comments, though. At least one other member finds them very funny

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2000 - 04:39 PM

According to the New Testament, the purpose of baptism is to repent and be born again in Jesus Christ. For what sins is the kid repenting, or what does the kid know about Jesus or his message. In Baptist Cultures the infant baptism is not accepted, and I think rightly so. The infant Baptism is diluting the message of Christianity in a huge way.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2000 - 07:43 PM

Agreeing with that, I got rebaptised as a teenager by choice. Alas, neither took

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2000 - 09:44 AM

LOL, Mike..."neither took"...vay, what a crack up...

MosJan, are you serious? Is that how much it costs to have a church wedding these days? enel "srtabox nvernere" you can't be serious, they expect gifts too?????...lol... That's in the States, right? Jesus christ!! (blasphemy, i know, i know, sorry)

lol, well, now I have one more excuse for not getting married just yet...lol

Martin, I didn't know about baptism and sins, etc...interesting...maybe the armenian church has another justification. I personally don't know the premise behind pretty much any religious rite...lol..gosh, all of a sudden I don't feel "educated" at all right now...lol

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2000 - 10:45 AM

Gayane,

It is not only the Armenian Church, but also Catholic. The tradition of infant baptism comes from the medieval times, when the infant mortality in the world was very high, and they were Baptizing children so that if they die prematurely, they go to Heaven.

Ther is no instance in the New Testamen of infant Baptizm.

P.S. The meaning of Baptizm is one's salvaition by being born again in Jesus Christ

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited October 19, 2000).]

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2000 - 01:33 PM

Gayanchik jan Du amusnatsy Yekeretsu Tsaxser@ mi ban kanenk - KAtak -

Axchiks dectember 6-in 1 tareka e linum huysov em jamanaki tesakitist hnaravor klini mi angamits ham tsnund@ nshelu yev m@k@rteluy ,
bayst et yerb hishum em vor yekeretsy em gnalu et metsapativ muratskaneri mot mitk@s poxum em .

ha kani chem moratsel ,
srtabux n@verner , mi hat pesatsuyits en vertsnum , mi hat Qavorits , mi hat Axchka PApayist mei hat el trayi papayist

jamanak unenas mi hat zangy HAykakan Yekeretsy te ste inch kasen .ha chmoranam Xorrhani mej @endame@ 3 hat n@kar iravunk unes n@karelu , dranist avel yete uzum es vcharelu es lava che es el qez Mer HAykakan Yekeretsin .

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2000 - 05:32 PM

Astvats im!!!!!!

That's all I got to say on that one...lol... or no, my grandma's very dramatic "amaaaan" qualifies too...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users