The Beggining of Wisdom is the fear of GOD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2000 - 11:48 PM

The Beggining of wisdom is the Fear of GOD. The first phrase from Bible translated into Armenian.

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

Love GOD, fear GOD. Be afraid that HE the Most High, will punish you for what you do. Because the great Day of Judgment is coming and none of us will escape!!!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2000 - 12:49 AM

Boy, are you ever wrong!!

#3 1Ruzanna9

1Ruzanna9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Armenia, Writing,

Posted 26 May 2001 - 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
The Beggining of wisdom is the Fear of GOD. The first phrase from Bible translated into Armenian.

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

Love GOD, fear GOD. Be afraid that HE the Most High, will punish you for what you do. Because the great Day of Judgment is coming and none of us will escape!!!

Artur I agree with you. I believe that on judgement day all that haven't been faithful will answer. But see it's important, because when you love God you will listen to his words and will understand what he wants.. But it cannot be said that none of us will not escape, because those that live in his word truly, until the end will be saved... God has given Jesus for that. he has given us a chance so we better not loose this great chance.... If you fear God it also means you respect him, and when as a child yoiu are respectful to your parent then he will be good to you and give everything that you need.

#4 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first sentance from the Bible translated into Armenian reads:

"Imanal z'bans ashkharhi", i.e. to understand the Logos of the World... smile.gif

#5 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(gamavor @ Sep 6 2006, 06:25 PM)  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first sentance from the Bible translated into Armenian reads:

"Imanal z'bans ashkharhi", i.e. to understand the Logos of the World... smile.gif

i don't know about the first translated sentence, but the first sentence written in armenian letters supposedly was:

Ճանաչել իմաստություն և զխրատ, իմանալ զբանս հանճարոյ

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

On a lighter note!!!!!
The first sentence should have been in any language,
"Steal and don't get caught" you don't believe me? Ask any priest where is the beef? biggrin.gif

#7 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

(Wow guys, WAY to resurrect a thread.)

#8 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Sep 7 2006, 02:57 AM)  
i don't know about the first translated sentence, but the first sentence written in armenian letters supposedly was:

Ճանաչել իմաստություն և զխրատ, իմանալ զբանս հանճարոյ

Harut is right as usual. smile.gif I was quoting (incorrectly) by heart. "Imanal z'banas hanjari", i.e. - to understand the Logos of the genioius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users