No replies to this topic

#1 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Armenian Davit Fahradyan set a record in the Guinness Book of Records today with 354 turns on a horizontal bar, which was more than the standard 350.

The turns were recorded on tape and will be sent to the Guinness World Records Commission in London.

RA renowned athlete David Fahradyan graduated from the Institute of Physical Education. He set his previous record in Armenia with 301 turns and went down in the "Book of Armenian Heroes" in 2005.

According to Fahradyan, this was the first attempt to turn around the horizontal bar ever (the only one was 254 turns in Russia).

"Although I set the world record, I will really feel like a record-setting athlete when my contract is signed. I dedicate my victory to my family and all my supporters," said Fahradyan to "A1+".

Artak Grigoryan is another athlete who set the Guinness record by standing on loops for 27 seconds and also set 37 different records.

Artak doesn't have the chance to show his records because the state has not done anything and is planning to appeal to the proper authorities.

Deputy Minister of Sports and Youth Issues Khachik Asryan who was present when David Fahradyan was setting the records, said the opposite. In an interview with "A1+", he assured that the winner of these sports may participate in the world and European championships and receive the RA government prize.

According to him, he has never come across a case when any record-setting athlete has appealed to the Ministry of committee and has been rejected. When the "A1+" correspondent pointed out Artak Grigoryan's case, the Deputy Minister was surprised and said: "Don't you believe me?" He had a hard time saying how many Armenian record-setting athletes there are.

http://www.a1plus.am...david-fahradyan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users