#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,256 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

ARTHUR ABRAHAM IS DISAPPOINTED WITH HIS VICTORY

• Armenian boxer Arthur Abraham defeated Mexican Raul Marquez by technical knockout after six rounds Saturday to defend his IBF middleweight boxing title for the eighth time and remain undefeated.

Abraham landed two rights to Marquez's right eye in the sixth round and the challenger's camp called off the fight just before the seventh was due to start.

"King Arthur" improved his record to 28-0 with 22 knockouts while Marquez dropped to 41-4-1 with 29 knockouts.

The 37-year-old Marquez, who was the mandatory challenger, said he lost to a better fighter.

Abraham came out more aggressive than usual in the first round and then connected on two heavy rights, a right-left combo and a flurry of hits in the third round.

The defending champion began gesturing for Marquez to come closer in the fourth and the challenger responded by trying to pound the Armenian-born German's body.

In the decisive sixth round, Abraham landed his two rights to Marquez's head midway through the round and continued to take the initiative.

After the sixth round the Mexican sportsmen refused to continue the fight taking Abraham unawares.

“Marquez is a good fighter. I don’t understand why he made such a decision. He surrendered earlier than it was expected. I was going o continue the fight but he didn’t agree. I think that Marquez has disappointed his fans.”

After the fight Marquez confessed that his challenger had a quick reaction and responded to his blows neatly. I could do nothing but yield for the sake of my children and my family.”

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,256 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

ABRAHAM INVITES SERZH SARGSYAN TO HIS FIGHTS
[12:42 pm] 14 November, 2008

more images Serzh Sargsyan received the IBF middleweight world champion Arthur Abraham On November 14. Serzh Sargsyan congratulated the boxer on the recent out-right victory. “It’s a great pride for us that our compatriots reach such achievements overseas and make Armenia more known to the world,” he underlined.

Arthur Abraham told about his future programmes, noting that he aims at getting involved in the propagation of professional boxing in the world and reveal new young names in this sphere. The sportsmen invited Serzh Sargsyan to attend one of his forthcoming fights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users