10 replies to this topic

#1 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 08:12 PM

I have seen most of these before but they made me laugh again ...

Only in America ...

[*]1.... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
    [*]2.... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
    [*]3.... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
    [*]4.... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
    [*]5.... do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
    [*]6.... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
    [*]7.... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
    [*]8.... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
    [*]9.... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
    [*]10.... do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
    [list]" title="" src="smilies/thumbup.gif" />

#2 Tatavla

Tatavla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 08:22 PM

quote:
8.... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
this has always frustrated me (until i stopped eating hot dogs; for reasons not related to it).

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 08:54 PM

My solution to it was simple! I started buying 40 hotdogs at a time Posted Image

Don't know if you saw this but they had the annual hot dog eating championships on the 4-th of July and this skinny Japanese guy broke his own world record by eating 50.5 hot dogs in 12 mins (prev record was 50).

They said he before the event he weighed in at 113 pounds, but after the 12 minute contest he weighed 129 pounds!!!!!

#4 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:16 PM

quote:
.... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
This may be because diabetics cant digest the sugar in normal soft drinks, and its now a widespread illness.

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 08:21 PM

Oh and of course, ONLY IN AMERICA can an:

Ailing [FAT] Man Sue Fast-Food Firms
(full article from Fox News).

Gotta love this system!!!

#6 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 25 July 2002 - 12:21 PM

Sip,
I actually did see that as well. Very funny.

I am thinking of suing Mars company because the forced all those M&M down my throat.

By the way, I also read about that Japanese guy who at the 50 hotdogs. They mentioned that prior to going out to dinner he starves himself for a long time. Then when he goes out to dinner he orders lots of deserts prior to the meal. The sugar in the deserts makes his brain think that he is not hungry anymore, then he starts to eat all the food that way he is forcing his body to get use to consumption of lots of food even if he is not hungry. It is amazing that one man can consume over 10% of his body weight in 12 minutes.

#7 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 25 July 2002 - 06:06 PM

True story: A good friend of mine (relativley skinny guy, but tall) ate 8 big macs in one sitting.

When I lived in LA I used to often speculate how many Tommy's Burgers I could eat in one sitting...I figured 3 or 4 if i pushed it - but I never tested it....heard of a guy eating 5 once (a true pig-out god IMO...LOL!)

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 06:57 PM

Oh god! Tommeys? Don't get me wrong ... I can certainly put some serious amount of food away but I could never eat more that 1 or 2 tommeys burgers ... all the grease just fills you up ... ah ... drooling as I type.

... and for some reason, I always sweat when I eat Tommeys ... it's not that big but is some serious burger!!!

#9 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 05:38 AM

/msg Azat - Aper zgush kats es yerkus@ p@pzats mard tesnen / mek el tesar dzeri het uten

#10 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Only in America.!!??
Even if this is under the subject topic of “Humor” there is very little humorous about it.
Among many similar stories;
http://www.bloomberg...6...j4&refer=us
Washington Dry Cleaner Wins in $54 Million Pants Suit (Update2)
By Bob Van Voris
June 25 (Bloomberg) -- Three Korean immigrants who own a Washington dry cleaner won't lose their shirts for allegedly misplacing a pair of pants belonging to a local judge, after a court rejected his $54 million lawsuit.
Judge Judith Bartnoff of the District of Columbia Superior Court ruled for the shop owners, Soo Chung, Jin Nam Chung and Ki Chung, after a two-day trial earlier this month.
Bartnoff rejected a claim by Roy…

-------
I hope the Chung family is having a little fun after a “sober” judge ruled in their favor.
Not only the Chungs should counter sue and demand compensation for a two year long nightmare, compensated for cruel and unusual punishment, sue the “pants” off of that so called clown of a judge. He should be disrobed, and if a lawyer…. disbarred, jailed and his “pants” ironed for causing so much pain to such hardworking citizens.

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

biggrin.gif

Edited by Arpa, 27 June 2007 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users