432 replies to this topic

#41 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:45 PM

Hey Accel, do you have an Aussie accent? I thought of that when I read 'utter crap'... LOL

#42 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:51 AM

Hey Accel, do you have an Aussie accent?

mmm...dont think so, definetelly not a heavy one if I do, but I do use a lot of the slang ;)

#43 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:01 PM

I foget the name of the one thats not worth watching....it stars him and Clooney as his brother. Their criminals and carjack a family and head over the border to Mexico to some bar, and everyone turns into zombies: utter crap.

incorrect - not zombies but vampires
correct - utter crap

:)

#44 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:14 AM

Matrix Revolutions

Pros: Very nice effects (but also different to the previous two movies)....mmm....cant think of anything else....LOL. OK plot, I guess. Smith is cool.

Cons: Many :lol: . More cringing dialogue, Keanu Reaves cant act, Morpheus is fat and boring, Trinity is ugly and boring (couldnt they find a better leading lady?! - that hot frenchie would have done MUCH better IMO :P ), ending is stupid etc.

Verdict: 8/10

Still very recommended to see on widescreen (in cinema) just because of the effects, but I doubt anyone would want to see it more than once. Overall better than Reloaded, but not as good as the original.

#45 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:04 AM

My verdict would be. 2/10

And I was generious here I think.

#46 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:02 AM

HAHAHA, I can't wait to see it.... it's all about expectations! ;) If you guys tell me it's BAD, well then I'll go in expecting the worst. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

#47 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:02 AM

HAHAHA, I can't wait to see it.... it's all about expectations! ;) If you guys tell me it's BAD, well then I'll go in expecting the worst. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

No you won't, because it is the worst you were expecting that you will watch.

#48 Vayri7X

Vayri7X

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:17 PM

bell-
Where did you hear of such blasphemy as an American remake of The Wicker Man? :o

I first saw it when I was around 15, and several years later, I can't get that damn , corny opening music out of my head " corn leaves and barley leaves and.... BAH! ?

Other than that, I cocnur, it was quite a perfect moive , with a surprise ending. Captured the pre-Manichaen ethos of paganism (i.e., lack of body-spirit split , and reverance for sexuality and women). Yet the ending was a bit of bad agitprop for present types like this.

The film " Black Cat/White Cat" by director Emir Kusturica made me laugh so hard, I bruised ribs. Especially the techno music beloved by the film's bully " pity bull- terrier , etrrier " .. :lol: :o
Man, it hurt.

Considering the zeitgeist of our time, I have been preferring to watch acritical bsurdist movies like Kusturica's ( underground) or Spike Lee's works like 25th hour.
For folx who liked "Bowling for Columbine" , check out " We Interrupt this Empire" ( yeah, some friends worked onit, maybe i'm pluggin ) and the AMAZING , incredible work "Fourth World War". I saw it previewed at a film festival. Very moving ... amazing graphics and contenct.. very susbstantial , global issues from a humanist perspective.. http://www.bignoisef...m/4ww/index.htm
Very inspring. Not preachy, and takes one's perspective to happenings on every continent .

#49 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 12:54 AM

Master and Commander

Pros: Nice, realistic sea battles. Movie goes for almost 2.5 hours but the level of suspence is kept throughout. One of very few movies where I have actually learnt something. Has Oscar(s) written all over it.

Cons: Nothing major. Only two ships involved. Some very minor plot issues - not really noticeabe. Mmm...cant think of anything else

Verdict: Maximus on high seas minus the cheesy romance. Very recommended.

8.5/10

Edited by Accelerated, 15 December 2003 - 12:56 AM.

#50 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Domino @ Nov 9 2003, 09:04 AM)
My verdict would be. 2/10

And I was generious here I think.

For once I agree.

#51 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 09:49 PM

Well, I'm not a frequent cinema-goer, but I do like movies a lot (that sounds so cheesy, i know), so yeah, my review is not about new movies, but thought about mentioning a coupla good ones that are old but worth being checked out IMO:

Movie:Gangs of New York
Score: 9+

Wow @ that movie.. simply breathtaking - I'm not into the "famous/great" movies thing, but this one is just BEAUTIFUL... ohmy.gif blink.gif

Movie: Sweet Home Alabama
Score: 7-

Not sure if people would agree with me on the rating for this one - but I thought it was a pretty decent movie...

biggrin.gif

#52 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:14 PM

pirates of the Carribean rocks....

Steele Magnolias one of my all time fave movies

Pearl harbor was cute~romantic

Bruce Almighty was a good movie too

Phenomena with John Travolta~ very meaningful movie

KPax~ good movie--about a "mentally ill" patient whose having a hard time going through repressed memories

My Best Friends Wedding-Julia Roberts---makes me cry everythime i watch it~ reminds me of a friend
The Others--prettygood

Sorority Boys--ull laugh your butt off the whole time--make sure you watch it with friends-not a good choice 4 watching it around a serious group of people

~~~~Moulin Rouge~~~~my most favorite movie....if you have not seen it WATCH IT! cute idea to rent it and watch it with your b/f g/f---
girls--youre gonna need two boxes of tissues for this one! and Ewan McGregor has the most beautiful voice---gives me goosebumps

#53 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:20 PM

Chicago

10 blink.gif clap.gif such a good movie... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#54 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:23 PM

really? i always resist the temptaion 4 seeing it---or forget....sounds good though 3 of my fave actors/actresses-renee zellwigger, catherine zeetah jones and richard gere has to be a good one right? hehe wink.gif

#55 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:30 PM

yes yes, it's awesome. Richard Gere is so great in that movie.. wub.gif lol

catherine zeta-jones is great as well. not to mention --- err, you know what i mean (referring to the opening scene) ---- drool.gif

Edited by Dan, 15 December 2003 - 10:30 PM.

#56 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:42 PM

okie Dan breath breath--inhale, exhale----and stop drooling....j/k
yeah Richard Gere is a great actor---very handsome indeed!

#57 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:47 PM

Johnny English
0 sad.gif

The Hours
2 yawn.gif

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
7+

#58 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:59 PM

ohh i forgot all about that one~ My Big Fat Greek Wedding was hilarious! Reminded me sooo much of Armenian families my favorite part is when theyre all dressing and the brother (who is extraordinarily hott wink.gif )comes in and says "ladies, i got fresh baklava" and tricks them and then takes a picture of them when theyre half naked~cracks me up all the time.... laugh.gif

#59 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Dec 15 2003, 11:59 PM)
ohh i forgot all about that one~ My Big Fat Greek Wedding was hilarious! Reminded me sooo much of Armenian families my favorite part is when theyre all dressing and the brother (who is extraordinarily hott wink.gif )comes in and says "ladies, i got fresh baklava" and tricks them and then takes a picture of them when theyre half naked~cracks me up all the time.... laugh.gif

lol... yes, that movie was so funny and satirical too --- and yes, Nick was hot..
my fav. part is when that woman uhhh what's her name, the one who has the tourism/flight booking place, tells the guy's parents about the twin. lmao... laugh.gif lol.gif

#60 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:03 PM

yeah i was about to mention that one too...."i had a lump in my throat...." hahahahahahhaaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users