101 replies to this topic

#41 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:26 AM

so what's the big deal? who has time or even cares to go back and find the roots of some stupid post? :huh: ....especially when it's not current? ...maybe i'm on a different planet today??!!! :( ~~~

#42 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:33 AM

Yah bruin, I totally agree with you that ancient history about the poster is irrelevant. Don't feel bad about what was said. You are entitled to have an opinion on this subject just like everyone else.

... and I don't think you are on a different planet ... it's just that some people may have known that thorny guy so they have more inside info about the post than you.

:)

#43 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:05 AM

awww sip, you're so cute! and sweet!! jaanaaa..."baaleek jan ehd g'lukh@d ners taar baduhaaneetz"....i just love your little avatar! (and not just today, but before, always... :wub: ) here's something for the cold wisconsin winter :kisss: ).....gosh, i AM on a different planet, huh? must be sweet venus!!! :)

#44 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:49 AM

Here, lazy bums - just go back in the "view all posts by this member" to the whereabouts of October 7, 2001, and you get your answer:

http://armenians.com...wtopic=6161&hl=

Good topic to discuss for ARMENIANS.

What kind of idiot will allow his wife smoke???! )))))))))))))))))))))

I mean first of all it is not nice for a girl to smoke.
Second, God forbid, if she is a pregnant or about to have a kid, would have the worst consequences that is possible to imagine.

#45 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:15 AM

By the way, I couldn't agree more with the person that started the thread! I highly value my freedom of movement!
There are only a few necessities in life - food, shelter, and protection (which can be incorporated into shelter if you have law and order and don't need to carry a gun - hmm, sounds weird to me, I know of a place where they carry so many guns per person, now where was that?). I'm not gonna go into "discarding of clothes" - but the internet, well, I need it for my education and entertainment, and a happy brain is a happy person. :)
But, man, high heels, from personal experience, suck! Even if they are not the pointed ones, they're unnatural - really! Who would walk on tiptoes - or with their heels raised all the time? (Though I do that sometimes to walk quietly around the house, and in the past to tone up those calves nice and juicy as if the workout wasn't enough.) Do men walk around with balloons placed under their shirts to show more muscle? Then when you get old, from years of wearing that stuff, you get back pains and crap - without even having thought of whether it was worth all the not being able to run when in a hurry or being able to walk as well on a freaking pavement!
And it's amazing how a lot of "man get near you I punch him to puree" people that aren't even allowed to date wear that stuff - like, for what?? For yourself?? Are you maso?? Clueless? Would Amazons wear that stuff if males weren't around? And nobody besides your brothers are allowed around you. :)
But, at the end of the day, the "idiots" part was satire and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I hold mine firmly. :) Females like me are the ultimate enemy of the shoe-making industry. I have four pairs, some of which I've had for multiple years - one for summer, one for trekking (all seasons), boots for winter street, and one pair of boots I got last winter for the ultimate snow trekking experience. :) Oh I forgot, I do have one more for formal occasions. Even my father probably has more and of a narrower variety!

#46 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:26 AM

And it's amazing how a lot of "man get near you I punch him to puree" people that aren't even allowed to date wear that stuff - like, for what?? For yourself??

People usually feel better about themselves when they look good/attractive and know it. Personally I dont like girls wearing excessive make-up, 'over the top' clothes etc. Should be 'relaxed yet fashionable/trendy'.

oh yeah, I got nothing against high-heals - I dont have to wear them :lol: but yeah, there is a time and place for everything. Wearing high-heals to go down to the shops for groceries is stupid, unless you dont get out much :lol:

Edited by Accelerated, 11 November 2003 - 02:28 AM.

#47 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:28 AM

What kind of idiot will allow his wife smoke???! )))))))))))))))))))))

Gawd, just look at the English of someone who studies in England! "Gobblygook what kind of idiot allow wife smoke? First of all I can't imagine it, second of all blah blah blah blah..."

#48 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:31 AM

People usually feel better about themselves when they look good/attractive and know it. Personally I dont like girls wearing excessive make-up, 'over the top' clothes etc. Should be 'relaxed yet fashionable/trendy'.

oh yeah, I got nothing against high-heals - I dont have to wear them :lol: but yeah, there is a time and place for everything. Wearing high-heals to go down to the shops for groceries is stupid, unless you dont get out much :lol:

Yeah, I can't imagine some bimbos that come on basketball courts with jeans and high heels and say, "Can I play???" :roar laughing:

#49 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:33 AM

Posted Image

Petter, your a God!

....sorry couldnt resist myself :D

#50 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:19 AM

Then there's the other thing that women do and men don't... Make-up! With all due respect to people who are for it, what is the point of looking like something that you are not? All this crap you stuff up your pores with (I especially laugh at the cheapness of the material and how they sell them at high prices for women to gloat over!) and then complain about this and that on your skin at an old age. And it is being dishonest to men who deserve to know what they're getting. :)

#51 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:49 AM

Yeah, make-up should be kept to a minimum (if any) - just to highlight some of the facial features, but not so much that it becomes easilly noticeable. - just my taste :P

#52 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:52 AM

Then there's the other thing that women do and men don't... Make-up! With all due respect to people who are for it, what is the point of looking like something that you are not? All this crap you stuff up your pores with (I especially laugh at the cheapness of the material and how they sell them at high prices for women to gloat over!) and then complain about this and that on your skin at an old age. And it is being dishonest to men who deserve to know what they're getting. :)

LOL - well I can agree with you here (to some degree) - I prefer gals natural..in all respects...but like Accel said sometimes dressing up nice and such is a good/fun thing...son't blame anyone for diliking whearing heels though...though I for one love the look...yum yum!

#53 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:57 AM

...though I for one love the look...yum yum!

Yeah, but I just don't understand what it is behind those works there that makes it "attractive"... :huh: Hence I shall not be a toy to it! It's so silly, like shoving a piece of chalk up your nose.

#54 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:04 AM

Yeah, but I just don't understand what it is behind those works there that makes it "attractive"... :huh: Hence I shall not be a toy to it! It's so silly, like shoving a piece of chalk up your nose.

Sure I agree...and can't really say - but it certainly does the trick for me! LOL (So I really can't complain...only sympathyze with the gals who wear such)..and if its not for you (or others) thats OK too...less is often better/best IMO! :naughty: ...I must say though - and I'm sure most guys would agree - the old high heels and bikini look is just to die for! :msn-tongue: :photo: :smoke: :lol:

#55 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:40 AM

the old high heels and bikini look is just to die for! :msn-tongue:  :photo:  :smoke:  :lol:

and older you get better they look ah Thoth? hate make ups, specialy lipstick!!!! B)

#56 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:47 AM

Time & place for everything - even heels and makeup, yes. Dress for the occasion. Im sorry, but if I go into a meeting with the VPs and I'm resposible for explaining the roll-out of the new intranet or whatever, I have to play the part - pressed suit, nice shoes, clean cut, fashionalbe & professional. If I don't, tham it's one more obstacle I have to overcome in an already stressful situation. The same applies to women AND men - it just manifests itself in different ways.

#57 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 01:13 PM

Vava, what you are talking about is presentability, which is an [almost] entirely other issue.

#58 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:21 PM

I think they're closely related - who's to say what is presentable and what is not? Some may say (especially in professsional circles) that a woman executive who is not wearing any makeup is NOT presentable. (Please keep in mind that I am not a proponent of makeup necessarily, and I'm certainly not referring to gaudy overly-made-up for the evening)

The issue here is that the image that Women feel they must conform to, (ie. what is considered 'presentable') perhaps MAY, in some extreme cases, be physically damaging. Whereas shaving and wearing a suit has never harmed a man, (unless you're a lawyer ;) ). In these cases, I strongly feel that the individual woman in question must examine what is more important - conforming to a desired image, or health/comfort.

#59 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:54 PM

Yah bruin, I totally agree with you that ancient history about the poster is irrelevant. Don't feel bad about what was said. You are entitled to have an opinion on this subject just like everyone else.

... and I don't think you are on a different planet ... it's just that some people may have known that thorny guy so they have more inside info about the post than you.

:)

You are such a kiss ass Sip. :D Are you in Management by any chance? :)

#60 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

I think some people have an unfair advantag over other members about knowing what has been and is going on ... which is ok up until they start badgering the other members with the information that the members wouldn't have a way of knowing or would have tough time finding.

Oh, an no, not a full manager yet .. just a manager in training ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users