• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sahak

Sahak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

I like guestbooks hosted outside of my host server and so far I have not found one with good spam control.Any ideas guys?

#2 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Sahak @ Sep 26 2008, 10:58 AM)
I like guestbooks hosted outside of my host server and so far I have not found one with good spam control.Any ideas guys?

Hey there Armat - I've used a couple of guestbooks in the past, but ended up shutting them down due to spam. These days, for spam control, you may wish to use a guest book that enables image verification to distinguish between spam bots & real humans (called a CAPTCHA). I don't know off-hand if any exist, but I'm certain you can find a service that will couple a CAPTHCA with your guestbook input form. See the wiki article and examples of CAPTCHA's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Nice to see you're back biggrin.gif

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

Armat jan you still can;t log in by Armat ??
you do know i have reset you password

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

as for the guest book
i have gave up !!!

#5 Sahak

Sahak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Sep 26 2008, 12:57 PM)
Armat jan you still can;t log in by Armat ??
you do know i have reset you password

Mos jan can you email me my new password? When I reset the password it does not allow me to log in.

#6 Sahak

Sahak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Sep 26 2008, 12:05 PM)
Hey there Armat - I've used a couple of guestbooks in the past, but ended up shutting them down due to spam. These days, for spam control, you may wish to use a guest book that enables image verification to distinguish between spam bots & real humans (called a CAPTCHA). I don't know off-hand if any exist, but I'm certain you can find a service that will couple a CAPTHCA with your guestbook input form. See the wiki article and examples of CAPTCHA's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Nice to see you're back biggrin.gif

I agree with you on Captcha and I may just skip guestbook all together. I spent 5 hrs last night trying to install Wordpress on my server and after all the frustration of changing code,new database PHP files etc.I end up deleting it because wordpress is a blog not a guestbook.
Anyway I hope you are doing fine. smile.gif

#7 Sahak

Sahak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:00 PM

Here is what I found! Guestbook with Captcha free with decent looking not annoying adds but this could change later since I just signed up.
Here is the example gegam guestbook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users