qani menak mi dzerqs yev mi vots en vnasvats :gunsmilie:

#42 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:27 PM

Damn mos, sorry to hear about the foot :( Hope it's not too bad.

Don't forget to post the pics! I love pics :D At least you have an excuse to get a new digital camera!!!!! B)

#43 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,272 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 01:08 AM

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- A promoter who offered to take men on "Hunting for Bambi" safaris in which they could hunt down naked young women with paintball guns admits that it was a hoax and now faces misdemeanor charges, the mayor said Friday.

Promoter Michael Burdick could get six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for operating without a proper business license, Mayor Oscar Goodman said.

"I'll do everything I can to see this man is punished for trying to embarrass Las Vegas," Goodman said.

Burdick called the misdemeanor summons a waste of taxpayer money.

"I have a license; it's hanging on my wall," Burdick told The Associated Press before cutting off questions and referring inquiries to his lawyer, Craig Mueller, who later declined comment.

Burdick found himself in the crosshairs of women's groups after he told a Las Vegas TV station that he was selling reservations to men willing to pay $5,000 to $10,000 to hunt down naked women in the desert.

Las Vegas officials investigated, and said Burdick admitted that the safaris were just a hoax intended to promote the "Hunting for Bambi" videos that Burdick sells. The videos are marketed as depicting nude women being hunted by men who have paid for the privilege.

But the mayor said the videos actually show "actors and actresses, and there wasn't even the real shooting of paint balls."

City officials said Burdick sold videotapes through a company owned by his fiance, Lakana Campbell. They said Burdick's name is not listed on a business license application filed by Campbell in June.

John Redlein, an assistant city attorney, said Burdick offered the hunts at high prices to discourage anyone from actually booking a safair, and he told investigators his Internet site could not even accept credit card charges in the amount necessary to reserve a hunt.

A report on Burdick's "Hunting for Bambi" first aired July 10 on KLAS.

#44 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,272 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 01:14 AM

:(

miyayn yete imanayi :( $3000 avel mi hat el yes et bambinerits k@xpeyi :"(

#45 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 04 August 2003 - 08:05 PM

Bambi is not available for hunting, it was a publicity stunt to sell videos

http://www.snopes.co...trage/bambi.asp

#46 Hyeflyer

Hyeflyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:plant breeding custom wood working

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

;) Hey Mosjan \ Havn't been around the computer for a long time. Great to see you went for bison. We have been scouting our deer hunting places. I'm hunting in four states this year for deer. I'm going to my sons in Wi. where they have a total kill zone. I'm going to use my Knite muzzle loader and my old 700 Reminton 30-06. Been out for squirrel and dove and have done good. My sons and I have also gotten in on the nuisance Canada goose season and have 14 in the freezer. Good Hunting and steady aim

#47 HaYaStAnRuLeS

HaYaStAnRuLeS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:14 AM

Hey guys,

Another hunting season is fast approaching, so clean up those rifles and make sure u have aloooot of ammo... I've never hunted before since none of my parents hunts, but I really wanna start this year, so I'm gonna take the requried courses in order to get the license here in Canada, Apparently, my uncle hunts, but he never told me about it nor have I seen his guns (I do remember seeing them as a child, but I havn't seen any of them lying around since he got married 10 years ago...), but he told me he'd take me on a trip as soon as the season starts end of September.

I also wanted to buy a gun (I only own an air rifle), but am mostly unaware of the standards used in hunting. I have some knowledge about sniping weapon systems, but they mostly use .307 ammo which I've never heard used for hunting. I know the Remington 700 series is very praised, but would any of you know what size ammo would suit my needs best (30-06, .300 WinMag). I know .22 Rimfires are mostly for varmint hunting, but I'd really like to shoot bigger game as well...

#48 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 12:56 PM

Hyeflyer nice to see you

I my self have not been doing much hunting other then the bison hunt  just don’t have the time.
Deer season opened in mid august but still have no time - nor I can risk living the city – My wife is do any day now 

But I do have a nice hunt booked in November in Colorado Elk only ( 4th season ) – lets see haw this is going to happen, this time it’s 8 Armenians in one single hunting area :)

We had to sell our property in Colorado – now it’s a CWD unit, can’t hunt :(

Will I wish you all the best and safe hunting
Fair game / fair case / best of luck

Movses

#49 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,272 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:09 PM

HaYaStAnRuLeS

To start
take your time and attend the hunters safety classes it’s a must for any hunter,
If your going to deer or pig – 270 will do just fine , but if you like to hunt for bigger game - such Elk ~ you will need something bigger 

General idea 7mm mag / Ultra mag / 300Win or 300Wdb mag or ultra mag will do the job for you, and get a nice 3x9 or 4x12 scope – that has heavy duplex – and has at list 40~50mm lens

Some hunter say that 300 or 7mm are over kill / no it’s not – you need to bring the deer dawn not just shoot and look for your game for 3 days ( it happened )

Anyhow best of luck and remember if your not going to eat the kill don’t shoot at it, many of us do go sort of crazy  wan have a gun in our hands – but do your best make it us safe is passable for your self and the others

MOvses

#50 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:35 PM

Promoter Michael Burdick could get six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for operating without a proper business license, Mayor Oscar Goodman said.

Shouldn't that perhaps be an "improper business licence". :P

#51 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,272 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:33 PM

http://fantasyhunt.com

:) you can see some good staf LIFE :)

#52 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:39 AM

Hunter goes on rampage

Sixth hunter shot in deer stand dispute dies

Authorities name suspect, but no formal charges filed

Tuesday, November 23, 2004 Posted: 10:22 AM EST (1522 GMT)

(CNN) -- The weekend shootings of a group of deer hunters in northwestern Wisconsin claimed a sixth life Monday, hospital officials and the man's family said.

Five others died in the immediate aftermath of the shootings Sunday afternoon, which Sawyer County Sheriff James Meier said were sparked by a dispute over a tree stand on the first weekend of Wisconsin's deer hunting season.

Denny Drew, 55, was one of three hunters who initially survived the shootings in rural Sawyer County. A family statement said he died Monday evening after being transferred from Lakeview Medical Center in nearby Rice Lake to a hospital in Marshfield, about 120 miles from the scene of the shooting.

"The family is requesting privacy as they deal with this very public tragedy," said the statement, which a hospital official read to CNN. "The family wishes to express sincere thanks to the community for their heartfelt support during this very difficult time."

A suspect is in custody -- 36-year-old Chai Vang of St. Paul, Minnesota -- but no formal charges have been filed against him, Meier told reporters.

"This is an incredible tragedy," Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle said. "One in which a great family tradition like a deer hunt has turned into such a great loss for the families involved. The whole state of Wisconsin feels the deepest sympathy and pain."

The shootings occurred after hunters returning to a rural cabin saw a man in a deer stand, a platform built in a tree to give hunters a better view, on private property. The hunter radioed someone to ask about the man's presence there.

Meier said the man had apparently been hunting and had gotten lost. He wandered onto 400 acres of private land.

One of the hunters "approached the person and asked him to leave, at which time the landowners and the occupants of the cabin came on the scene. The suspect got down from the deer stand, walked approximately 40 yards, fiddled with his rifle in some way ... turned and opened fire on the group," Meier said. He said it appeared some of the targeted hunters tried to fire back.

When other hunters appeared on the scene, they also were hit by gunfire, Meier said. Some of the people suffered multiple gunshot wounds. The shooter used an SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, the sheriff said.

Two bodies were found near each other, and the others were found over an area of about 100 yards, he said.

Drew had been shot in the abdomen and suffered extensive injuries to his large and small intestines and pancreas, said Dr. Lynn Koob, a surgeon at Lakeview Medical Center. He was in surgery for three hours Sunday, and doctors had said earlier Monday that his condition was improving.

The shootings also claimed the lives of Robert Crotteau, 42, and his son, Joey Crotteau, 20; Al Laski, 43; Mark Roidt, 28; and Jessica Willers, 27, the daughter of Terry Willers, who was wounded.

Two wounded survivors remained hospitalized Monday night.

Terry Willers was transferred to a clinic in nearby Marshfield with a neck and shoulder wound, and Lauren Hesebeck remained at Lakeview with a gunshot wound to the shoulder and arm.

After the incident, the shooter got lost again and was led from the woods by two hunters who were unaware of the incident. A Department of Natural Resources officer recognized the deer license on his back from a description given by one of the shooting victims, said Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle of the Sawyer County Sheriff's Department.

"We were very thankful to take him into custody. No one else got hurt," Zeigle said. "When he was taken into custody, his gun was empty."

The killings stunned Exeland, a village of 219 people about 135 miles northeast of Minneapolis.

Barron County Sheriff Tom Richie said the victims "Are all well-known, well-respected members of the community."

Vang came to the United States from Laos in 1980 and became a U.S. citizen. The married father of six is a truck driver in St. Paul, CNN's Keith Oppenheim reported.

Vang's criminal record in the United States was clean except for a domestic incident three years ago in which he allegedly waved a handgun at his wife, who later declined to press charges against him.

What's a Laoitian doing in a forest in Wisconsin?  ohmy.gif  Is that strange or what?  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users