• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ Sep 17 2004, 04:40 PM)
Withyou it might be more difficult, we must use a bigger ruse. You can assemble a PC like nothing, install and fix it etc... you don't need a geek for that.  sad.gif

I don't know many things when it comes to networking and software. My two HDs fried recently, care to come and have a look at them?

#42 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:13 PM

LMAO!! Ani, that's such a funny story! Your mitten!!!! laugh.gif
Don't be sorry for not thinking up the save - one rarely does in situations. And when/if you do, you amaze yourself. tongue.gif Sometimes I've come back five minutes later when my head has cleared to make my save - not the hottest timing ohmy.gif but oh well. rolleyes.gif

#43 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 17 2004, 04:13 PM)
Don't be sorry for not thinking up the save - one rarely does in situations. And when/if you do, you amaze yourself. tongue.gif Sometimes I've come back five minutes later when my head has cleared to make my save - not the hottest timing ohmy.gif but oh well. rolleyes.gif

Yes so - true - been in this situation countless time myself...(just a bit slow is all...)...funny though some of my cowrkers seem to think I've got some pretty slick moves with the ladies (that I don;t at all see...just being myself and unconcerned thats all....)...stress is a big part of it...

Anyway - some great stories Eve...such a closet little romantic you are...lol

#44 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 17 2004, 03:06 PM)
I don't know many things when it comes to networking and software. My two HDs fried recently, care to come and have a look at them?

MosJan, can you send me a ticket for Montreal-New-York... and two tickets for New-York-Montreal?

#45 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Sep 17 2004, 05:13 PM)

I am glad you appreciated the mitten, all those tears and broken dreams while I was building secret hideout places in our backyard. I think I will always remember that one. Stormig I was so in love with green eyes, that half of the time I didn't know what I was doing. In Yerevan we used to wash our underwear by hand, thank God those days are past me. Now I just swing over to the store if I run out of them. So as I washed my "trusik" awful word, I was going to hang them outside (omg what a life that was, my panties waving in the wind for the whole neighborhood to see laugh.gif) and I calmly walked over to the fridge and put them in the freezer and closed the door. I was stopped by my mothers stunned look, she had to gather her speech to ask me why I want to make an icicle out of my underwear... That's what happens to me all the time. A great idea arises when the moment is gone.

Do you usually come to your rescue or do you slap yourself in the forehead and replay like a thousand brilliant replies which will never be. Thoth, I used to be a closet romantic but after that heartbreak I threw away all those romantic notions. I spit on romance novels, TFU!!! tongue.gif

#46 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 17 2004, 03:39 PM)
Thoth, I used to be a closet romantic but after that heartbreak I threw away all those romantic notions. I spit on romance novels, TFU!!!  tongue.gif

cry.gif

#47 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

Thinking of where I was at at age 10. rolleyes.gif I was still in the "boys stink" phase. ohmy.gif laugh.gif

#48 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Sep 17 2004, 09:39 PM)
Do you usually come to your rescue or do you slap yourself in the forehead and replay like a thousand brilliant replies which will never be.

Both, probably usually the latter. laugh.gif Can't be helped - you might sometimes (or often?) remember something funny to say at a party... the next morning. tongue.gif

#49 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:03 PM

At 10 the boys in our school used to glue mirrors to their shoes and place their foot between the legs of an unsuspecting school girl wearing a skirt. At 12, the snapping of the bras started, I started snapping with rulers in return.

How do you make sure that you have the right thing to say if the situation ever presents itself. I always think of possible scenarios in case I am stuck, and I still manage to blurt out something ridiculous. The other day I said to a man, “It seems that you are a man of big substance,” then I saw the look on his face and bit my lip because that was the most ridiculous thing to say, not only did it not make sense, but it implied something completely inappropriate for a man of his position. I coughed and told him “I know I didn’t phrase that one right, I guess now is the time to say that English is a second language to me and I am relatively fresh off the boat.” Usually I am pretty good with the right thing to say, can break the awkward silence, but give me a guy who I find very intriguing and I tend to say ridiculous things. Such a child.

Speaking of approaches, here is a good cheesy one. “Hey honey, you have a promising future behind you.” Another one was, business assets are not the only kind that you have.” Or something stupid like that. Ok, time for me to head out. Italian food and Salsa dancing tonight, I’ll watch out for the shy guys.

#50 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

Oh yes, shy guys. laugh.gif
Scenarios - nah - you can't always script things out. smile.gif

#51 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Sep 17 2004, 02:17 PM)
Then you just look deep into his eyes, and get closer to him.  This way nature would take it's course.  naughty.gif

either way the poor guy is doomed.

(if u have nothign nice to say, dont say anythign at all~~~ Whatever!!!)

#52 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Sep 18 2004, 01:21 AM)
either way the poor guy is doomed.

(if u have nothign nice to say, dont say anythign at all~~~ Whatever!!!)

I'm lost. unsure.gif What did I say that was soooooooo bad? unsure.gif Are you okay Gevo jan? blink.gif

#53 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Sep 18 2004, 08:00 AM)
unsure.gif Are you okay Gevo jan?  blink.gif

You can't be serious asking that question? rolleyes.gif

#54 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:22 AM

Sorry, forgot to keep you guys posted. Apparently he's too shy to go out on a date or to have a girlfriend tongue.gif or, as some friends suggested, he might be gay and not come out yet. ohmy.gif This is gonna be the second time in my life that this has happened. But anyway, I guess I could say I've been made an advance toward by a graphic artist - another geeky one, because instead of asking for my phone number he asked for my e-mail address. lol.gif Well, only appropriate, as this happened at HIS workplace among printers, printing machines, photocopiers, and half a dozen other people, the "excuse" being that he'd rather e-mail than hand out in a floppy what I had made him do. rolleyes.gif But he did ask me out for tea - I think I'd rather make that a beer. rolleyes.gif

#55 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:27 AM

What's wrong with asking for email? blink.gif

#56 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Oct 3 2004, 06:27 AM)
What's wrong with asking for email?  blink.gif

lol.gif
Sip, do you ask girls out on e-mail??? rolleyes.gif

#57 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:39 AM

Not all the time. I prefer in person but if some sort of other communication medium is to be used, email/IM is my method of choice ... phones just scream "desparation" and/or "neediness" ... like "stop what ever it is you are doing and answer me right now". unsure.gif

Edited by Seapahn, 03 October 2004 - 12:42 AM.

#58 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Oct 3 2004, 06:39 AM)
Not all the time. I prefer in person but if some sort of other communication medium is to be used, email/IM is my method of choice ... phones just scream "desparation" and/or "neediness" ... like "stop what ever it is you are doing and answer me right now".  unsure.gif

OK, among a number of choices -
1. in person
2. on the phone
3. e-mail/IM
Considering this has been only the second time I've seen this person, in person might have been difficult for him. Saying my vacation was over and I was going to be getting off around 6 PM, he said it was too bad I wouldn't be able to stop by anymore. I said I could in the evenings. smile.gif For what? Duplicating/reproducing wedding photos and such? tongue.gif
He didn't have my phone and asking for it would have been strange - it's not like we were in a bar and he had picked me up, we were at his workplace!
E-mailing, IM-ing - don't know, seems too virtual to me. rolleyes.gif But I guess it served its purpose. And I suppose he thought that if I was going to turn him down (because of a boyfriend or such), he'd never see me again and it wouldn't have been face to face? rolleyes.gif Ah, these shy guys.

#59 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:11 AM

Not to rain on your parade Stormik-the-glorious, but I do remember chasing a geek from my linux class a while back. He was this fragile guy with blonde hair and braces, don't ask... He was always beating around the bush, I could tell that he was interested but he didn't have the guts to be more direct. I wasn't butch enough to take matters in my own hands I gave enough hints. His fried used to laugh and mention how he's a confused man. Well later he finally got the guts, we went out and guess what? I discovered he was not worth the trouble, he was rather boring and a bit annoying. So you have to really question yourself is he really worth the effort, or is it really the chase which excites you.

#60 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:45 AM

Well, the first shy guy is a very nice person. Everyone knows this and knows him as such. Too bad he's likely gay. sad.gif My male friend I mentioned couldn't believe he had turned me down; he said he was wondering if he even knew how stupid it was to say "no" to something like this. I do think the gay comment is a bit rude - not because of the content but because it is disrespectful of his own life. He might have his reasons we don't know, his sexual preferences being one of them; could be a myriad of other things as well, including the possibility that he might like nice, soft girls and not relatively crazy ones horsing around in the corridors like me. Well, anyway, he told me very nicely that it just wasn't going to happen - so politely, one of the things I like about him. But, yeah, the chase was good while it lasted, at least until I realised that he, contrary to my perception, hadn't picked up the hints I left lying around.

As for this other one - well - in a way it's a pretty fast move on his part considering the circumstances (at least in comparison with what I'm used to - courting for weeks and stuff), but the e-mail bit is goofy. And he certainly likes women. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users